Wayne Rooney

BRY

No chance. Their new manager will want to keep him. 

I think we’ll see this type of headline a lot, with players like Rooney and other players who are a bit past it down there linked with rangers. 

Struggle to see a Everton fan and Man Utd legend doing a Liverpool legend a favour to come up here though. 

August Landmesser

He could be as big a success as Joey Barton and Bruno Alves...

Mid Calder Jambo

Nae chance.  it would be like john greig going to the Hobos while Popcorn teeth was still in charge.  Well maybe let's think about this, can he play the flute.

Unfortunately, he would probably be very good for them :sad:

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

He'd need to be to justify his 80k a week wage!

John Findlay

Obviously someone has told him that there are alot of Grannies in Glasgow and that some are younger than him.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

He'd need to be to justify his 80k a week wage!

:lol:

True.

kirkierobroy

Paid for by the Chinese/American/Red Bull mega-investor that disnae exist?

Comparison that strikes me is Ian Wright to Celtic. I was at the famous ICT 3-1 win at Sellick Park in 2000 and I remember Wright being mince and perpetually caught offside.

I do hope, if Rooney is thick enough to choose Ibrox, that something similar will happen.

Just now, Lambo85 said:

Rangers are going to have some team next year!

Rooney and Torres up front.

Don’t forget Skirty in defence!

Just now, Morgan said:

Don’t forget Skirty in defence!

How could I forget.

They'll be back playing in the 3rd division in a couple of years again when they go bust.

Seem to remember us getting linked with Gudjohnsen 10-12 years ago when he left Chelsea. Still cant believe he then choose Barcelona over us!

9 minutes ago, Morph said:

I think we’ll see this type of headline a lot, with players like Rooney and other players who are a bit past it down there linked with rangers. 

Struggle to see a Everton fan and Man Utd legend doing a Liverpool legend a favour to come up here though. 

Gerrard is a gamble, but calculated from a cash perspective. They couldnt attract nor pay a big name manager so they went for Gerrard knowing the orcs would buy into it with merchandise and season tickets.

To further fuel the bank balance they will continually leak stories like this to the press to keep the fans on side and pretend they're still a big club.

They'll undoubtedly sign some players with pedigree but none at the prime of their career and I suspect like Barton and Alves etc they'll do the square root of f all. However by that time the cash has been banked and that's all King cares about 

Jambof3tornado

Traynor released rumour to deflect from kings 'we have no money' interview!!

alwaysthereinspirit
7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Serious question. What do you think the bare MINIMUM weekly salary Wayne Rooney would be on at 31 years old at any team in the world?

And he's still under contract.

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

He'd be brilliant in the SPL, Southgate has been coy on his world cup chances I reckon and he'll be involved. Still a great player, he improves teams when he's on the pitch

kirkierobroy
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Southgate has been coy on his world cup chances

He's retired from international duty, hasn't he?

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Gerrard is a gamble, but calculated from a cash perspective. They couldnt attract nor pay a big name manager so they went for Gerrard knowing the orcs would buy into it with merchandise and season tickets.

To further fuel the bank balance they will continually leak stories like this to the press to keep the fans on side and pretend they're still a big club.

They'll undoubtedly sign some players with pedigree but none at the prime of their career and I suspect like Barton and Alves etc they'll do the square root of f all. However by that time the cash has been banked and that's all King cares about 

Aye I was going to say you’ll probably get another Barton up here. 

I suppose the signings will just be a reflection of how much Gerrard is respected by players down south.  He’ll probably have no bother getting young good Liverpool players on the fringes of the first team up here but I just can’t see him bringing a name like Rooney even if he is past it. 

Transfer wise I think rangers will be in the best position they have been for a while (no idea about money as I don’t really follow the rangers thing) but from a managers point of view he’s the biggest name they’ve had in there in a while. 

Remains to be seen if he can get them playing football but he was always a great leader so part of me thinks this might work out ok for them.  I still don’t think he’s getting them anywhere near celtic though.  Was this 9 in a row this year or 8?  

5 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Serious question. What do you think the bare MINIMUM weekly salary Wayne Rooney would be on at 31 years old at any team in the world?

Bare minimum?

50K?

4 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

he's on 150k a week at Everton (widely reported as half of his Man U paycheck) so that would be a one year contract to spunk all of Dave kings 6m share issue and more, not to mention the 10-15m Everton would want or that Rooney's playing for his boyhood club and won't move anyway.

brunoatemyhamster

If your going to tell a lie , then just go the whole hog and make it a WHOPPER.

Celtic might be able to afford him if they qualify for the Champions League again this season.

1971fozzy

After the Morelos fabricated lies here’s the next walloped. A player that (let’s not forget) is under contract, a player who’s family are settled, and the biggest one , a player who’s wages are completely untouchable for that ham and egg outfit from Govan.  Fanciful rumour to send the orcs into a complete wankfest.

alwaysthereinspirit
9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Bare minimum?

50K?

So I think we both agree we can stop worrying about how we'll defend against him next season. Newco couldn't afford Wayne Rooney's Dad.

This will be one of many big name stars connected to Newco over the coming months. Its only going to get more tedious.

I read somewhere Bale is looking to get out of Madrid. Glesgae awaits.

3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

he's on 150k a week at Everton (widely reported as half of his Man U paycheck) so that would be a one year contract to spunk all of Dave kings 6m share issue and more, not to mention the 10-15m Everton would want or that Rooney's playing for his boyhood club and won't move anyway.

Didn’t know he was on as much as that.

Think I’ll maybe revise my ‘bare minimum’ guess :)

John Findlay
11 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Infinite Granny shagging.

It should have been ten
27 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Obviously someone has told him that there are alot of Grannies in Glasgow and that some are younger than him.

:laugh: Take a bow son 

It should have been ten

The zombies would be lucky to afford feckin Adam Rooney ?

Cruyff Turn

:lol: The diehards won't be enjoying this another Celtic supporter at Sevco. Not that it'll happen mind you. 

They've not just died, their clubs becoming a Celtic minded shambles. 

:clyay:

The Internet

I signed him for Hearts on FM on 4k a week. He's shite. Nowt to worry about imo. 

52 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Nae chance.  it would be like john greig going to the Hobos while Popcorn teeth was still in charge.  Well maybe let's think about this, can he play the flute.

They are good friends. 

rudi must stay
39 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

He's retired from international duty, hasn't he?

Ye. I missed that

Shooter McGavin

If true (which I highly doubt), proves that rangers really are willing to **** themselves into oblivion chasing celtics tail. Delicious.  

Pans Jambo

No chance but I would love this to be true. Pay him £60K a week on a 3 year deal.

Come on the sevco, you can do this!

What’s even funnier is that Gers fans really think this might happen as rangers are where everyone wants to be!! 

busby1985

Weird that a day after the multi million pound investment myth is busted and the chairman gives a horrible interview with the press where he basically admits he has no money and no business plan, a positive head turner of a rumour appears. Really weird timing. Almost like the PR company that run the club run the main stream media in this country and use them to keep the positive stories churning out at any point they desire to stop bad press building. I would guess the Torres rumour will also gather pace over the next few months. 

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I signed him for Hearts on FM on 4k a week. He's shite. Nowt to worry about imo. 

Are you Ian, Are you Ian, Are you Ian Cathro in disguise!? Are you Ian Cathro in disguise!? :laugh:

My ex also had zero concept of money or where it comes from. She was also vile.

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

My ex also had zero concept of money or where it comes from. She was also vile.

Was your ex rangers?

I hope your newco is better than the rangers fans.

Archived