Willie Bauld Art Project

thee jambo

I am trying to paint a picture of Willie Bauld and can't find any colour photos to use as a reference.

So I tried to colorize an old pic. heres the result. I,m not sure if the colours are right as I never saw the man play.

Just quess work on the hair and eye colour. If any older jambos out there could give me any tips on the colours it would be much appreciated.

willie-bauld Colorized.jpg

9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Too young to have saw him play nut nevertheless thats quite good.

I only started going late 60s , wish my dad was still around he'd have know if it was right.

Cheers BHF

Francis Albert

Can't comment on the colours but according to my mother, a huge fan of the King, his expression was more commonly a frown than  a cheerful grin. Most pictures I have seen bear that view out.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I have this one stored on my computer. 

willie bauld colour drawing c 1990.jpg

Superb Tazio. :thumb:

Hope you don’t mind, I’ve saved your image into my collection?

queensferryjambo
On 4/29/2018 at 11:16, thee jambo said:

I am trying to paint a picture of Willie Bauld and can't find any colour photos to use as a reference.

So I tried to colorize an old pic. heres the result. I,m not sure if the colours are right as I never saw the man play.

Just quess work on the hair and eye colour. If any older jambos out there could give me any tips on the colours it would be much appreciated.

willie-bauld Colorized.jpg

Wasn't this very picture made into an oil painting that was hung in the Willie Bauld suite in the old main stand?

queensferryjambo

Here is a real colour photo of him playing for Edinburgh select - wearing Hibs colurs (sorry).

a564bc3f99e487eb15a73ffaf42fe7de--football-memorabilia-scotland.jpg

been here before
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

The above picture came from this book. I forgot Ive got it in the house. There was a female artist commisioned to do the artwork. Ill dig it out when I go home I think.

book.jpg.9184aede471ca1cc48cc3671f8cc1295.jpg

4 hours ago, Tazio said:

Cheers Tazio

I've already got this one. Always thought it was a bit of a strange pose, as it looks like hes been taken out.

2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Wasn't this very picture made into an oil painting that was hung in the Willie Bauld suite in the old main stand?

If this was already painted I'd love to see the result.

2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Here is a real colour photo of him playing for Edinburgh select - wearing Hibs colurs (sorry).

a564bc3f99e487eb15a73ffaf42fe7de--football-memorabilia-scotland.jpg

Cheers Queensferry

I can''t believe the only colour pic and he's wearing a hibs top and Bob Stokoe in the same pic.

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, thee jambo said:

If this was already painted I'd love to see the result.

I am still hunting through a pile of my photos as I must have a picture of the painting somewhere.

You can see it in the background top left of this photo - sorry you cannot see it all.

12697179_10208792327672593_6578122622103143735_o.jpg

35 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I am still hunting through a pile of my photos as I must have a picture of the painting somewhere.

You can see it in the background top left of this photo - sorry you cannot see it all.

12697179_10208792327672593_6578122622103143735_o.jpg

Cheers Queensferry.

I zoomed in , his hair look really dark in the pic. I’m going to go with my version. Fingers crossed I can pull it off. All my other paintings are black and white. 

John Findlay
2 hours ago, thee jambo said:

Cheers Queensferry

I can''t believe the only colour pic and he's wearing a hibs top and Bob Stokoe in the same pic.

That will be because the game took place at ER.

Archived