ruskies

dodemac

Scott_HMFC1874

hear hear.

glad holland are out. loved watchin them, but im wantin spain to win, ;)

hear hear.

glad holland are out. loved watchin them, but im wantin spain to win, ;)

Italiano for me :):):)

King of the North

Got a fiver on Russia to win the tournament at 25-1 before it started - just because the odds were so good, wasn't expecting anything from it.

Looking good...

jamboinglasgow

I thought the semi-finals would be Portugal v Croatia and Holland v Spain.

Now I am not confident for Spain as you cant trust Italy once they got through the group stage. But still come on Spain.

Got a fiver on Russia to win the tournament at 25-1 before it started - just because the odds were so good, wasn't expecting anything from it.

Looking good...

I took the same bet hopefully they can go all the way now.

Their shocking / non existant defending at corners and free kicks is surely the only thing that can stop them now :wacko:

Why couldn't Malofeev bring a bit of that to Hearts ( not the defending of course, but the explosive forward drives )

portobellojambo1
Their shocking / non existant defending at corners and free kicks is surely the only thing that can stop them now :wacko:

Why couldn't Malofeev bring a bit of that to Hearts ( not the defending of course, but the explosive forward drives )

Thought the Russians played very well, and fully deserved their win. Tournament is wide open now, hope Spain beat Italy but no idea who will win it now.

Coz the guy is a feckin bawbag

Thought the Russians played very well, and fully deserved their win. Tournament is wide open now, hope Spain beat Italy but no idea who will win it now.

Coz the guy is a feckin bawbag

Always rated the Ruskies and still remember their performances in the 86 WC Finals ...............running around like dafties in the Mexican heat :wacko:

Belanov, Rats ..........rocket shots a plenty :)

Once again I have to ask, How did we end up with surely the only diddy spawned by Russian fitbah :mad:

The Old Tolbooth
Italy get better in the knock out stages so sorry SPAIN.

Italy 3 Spain 1

No danger, if Italy win it will be 1-0, because they are the most boring team in the world when they get in front, they aint 3 goals in them!

I really hope Spain do them big time! :)

shaun.lawson
Always rated the Ruskies and still remember their performances in the 86 WC Finals ...............running around like dafties in the Mexican heat :wacko:

Belanov, Rats ..........rocket shots a plenty :)

Once again I have to ask, How did we end up with surely the only diddy spawned by Russian fitbah :mad:

Malofeev, of course, was in charge of the USSR team at the qualifiers for Mexico 86. They were rank, only scraped through, and he was ditched for the great Valeri Lobanovski, AKA The Man Who Never Smiled. Cue total transformation, at both the World Cup and Euro 88. Now, at last, they're playing fast, exciting stuff again, for which Hiddink is greatly responsible: he's smashed right through the pessimism which seems to have characterised Russian football at major tournaments.

Malofeev, on the other hand... :eek::help::buttkick:

i always back spain and they always let me down

was watching tonight in the boozer, and was shouting for russia, just because my brother, and sisters boyfiend were cheering the dutch, but at the end of the game, everyone agreed russia deserved the win

i was wanting penalties again, but i'm just greedy like that ;)

Russia were by far the better team, passed the ball better, better movement, all round very good apart from the goal they conceded. Thats the firt half of my double in, Got italy to beat Spain on Pens .. come on u tallies :D

Dr Ian Malcolm

Was telling everyone that asked before the tournament that I didn't fancy Holland at all, and was beginning to look rather stupid, so thanks Russia.

That Kolodin hates a dig at goal. What a strike he's got.

maroonlegions

the Russians are different class just now, there movement and work rate is spot on ,also their quality of passing is top notch , they just fight for every thing and each other, mind you the refs turn about in not awarding a second yellow , took guts and its a pity that quality of refereeing is not in the SPL eh.:rolleyes:

the Russians are different class just now, there movement and work rate is spot on ,also their quality of passing is top notch , they just fight for every thing and each other, mind you the refs turn about in not awarding a second yellow , took guts and its a pity that quality of refereeing is not in the SPL eh.:rolleyes:

Yeh, dont know if that has a thread to itself but what a decision !

I take it that the yellow card was voided because play SHOULD have stopped with the linesman flagging for a goal kick ?

Have to say it looked like the dutch boy had just kept it in .............although slo-mo of the foul showed there to be little contact anyway :)

Archived