Rhussian players against Hollhand

scott_jambo

scott_jambo

Surely Rhomanov must have good contacts of Russian players that are available?

The only reason i can think not is that they are outside the EU and therefore may need work permits?

Gigolo-Aunt

The only reason i can think not is that they are outside the EU and therefore may need work permits?

The Russian league has come on leaps and bounds recently with the players they can now attract due to the money available.

Some cracking players in this Russian side.

Dirk Diggler

On the subject of inserting an extra 'h' into a name, but not on the subject of the thread, I find it hilarious that you can't insert one into 'Pressley'

scott_jambo
The Russian league has come on leaps and bounds recently with the players they can now attract due to the money available.

Every player, seems to be a complete football player.

No Ivan Sproule's, Luca Toni's or Bobo Balde's

(i.e. rely on one attribute.)

scott_jambo
On the subject of inserting an extra 'h' into a name, but not on the subject of the thread, I find it hilarious that you can't insert one into 'Pressley'

Phresslheyh?

Hhartley doesnt work well. :sad:

Correct and not a single one of them will come to hearts and would be shocked if the OF could attract them.

Think we need to stop these "i wonder if VR will sign anyone from the euros" threads. Embarrassing to think we could attract such quality at the moment.

scott_jambo
Correct and not a single one of them will come to hearts and would be shocked if the OF could attract them.

Think we need to stop these "i wonder if VR will sign anyone from the euros" threads. Embarrassing to think we could attract such quality at the moment.

I meant Russian players in general, as GA pointed out, their league is very strong now. I do not expect Arshavin at Tynie next month.

Gigolo-Aunt

Mate, some posters last week were saying we should go for Boyd.

:wacko:

I have a Russian guy at my work and asked about the paper talk linking Pavluchenko with a move to Celtic.His reply was no ****ing chance.

Denny Crane

I think wages would be a huge stumbling block Arshevin is reported to be on ?50k per week.

Dirk Diggler
I have a Russian guy at my work and asked about the paper talk linking Pavluchenko with a move to Celtic.His reply was no ****ing chance.

To be fair, A Sellic fan at my work said the same thing when I asked.

He said it as it is, 'Celtic like to link themselves with players they have no chance of signing, Beckham, Pavlachenko etc, but end up signing Scott Mcdonald, Noel Hunt and some ***** from Derry City.'

For one of them, He's actually no bad.

Dr. Bapswent

Because they are Russian, Romanov must know them and be able to get them cheap?

Anyone think Arshavin could do a job for us?

I mean, would be a step up for him to come to Hearts eh...

jamboinglasgow
To be fair, A Sellic fan at my work said the same thing when I asked.

He said it as it is, 'Celtic like to link themselves with players they have no chance of signing, Beckham, Pavlachenko etc, but end up signing Scott Mcdonald, Noel Hunt and some ***** from Derry City.'

For one of them, He's actually no bad.

they do it every transfer window. Remember Appiah was going to sign for them:rolleyes:. Think Celtic leak a name to the media who gladly run with it claiming Celtic are looking into signing a player than they will get the media to say that celtic are no longer interested due to the transfer fee being ridculus and then sign a smaller player. The fans will be happy as they think Celtic have tried hard to sign one but wont get held to ransom.

This players are millioners mate. This is league with very, very hui level of Salarys and bonuses.

Zenit have buget 100 lillions USD.

Medium level team, like Rubin (Kazan) - 50 millions USD.

Yesterday Andrey Arshavin says that he want to go outsite in big europian club only forr change, no for money, because only several clubs can to buy his salary in Zenit!

Short list of year Salarys of rusian players(I have top 30):

1. Peter Odemwingi (Lokomotiv) - 2.5 mill. USD

1. Alexander Kerjakov (Dinamo) - 2.5

2. Fatih Teke (Zenit) - 2.2

3. Sergei Semak (Rubin captain of Russia) - 2.1

4. Andrei Arshavin (Zenit) - 2.0

4. Alejandro Dominges (Zenit) - 2.0

4. Anatoly Timoshchuk (Zenit) - 2.0

5. Dani (Dinamo) - 1.8

5. Malhas Asatiani (Lokomotiv) - 1.8

6. Dmitrii Luskov (Saturn) - 1.5

===========

and ect.....

Short list of year Salarys of rusian players(I have top 30):

1. Peter Odemwingi (Lokomotiv) - 2.5 mill. USD

I maked mistake. Not USD. Is Euro.

Have enjoyed watching both Zenit and the Russian team recently. I like watching teams who break forward with that sort of pace. I get very bored watching the slow paced game of other teams at the tournament.

One thing which occurred to me is that a few years ago when the money started flowing into Russian football, that they started to bring in South American/European players (Maniche being one - and Garry O'Connor). Seems to me that they didn't settle and their top teams are full of Russian players now? Must have something of a benefit for their international team.

Charlie-Brown
Have enjoyed watching both Zenit and the Russian team recently. I like watching teams who break forward with that sort of pace. I get very bored watching the slow paced game of other teams at the tournament.

One thing which occurred to me is that a few years ago when the money started flowing into Russian football, that they started to bring in South American/European players (Maniche being one - and Garry O'Connor). Seems to me that they didn't settle and their top teams are full of Russian players now? Must have something of a benefit for their international team.

About a couple of years ago there was a debate in Russian football, similar to the one now being discussed in England, how the large percentage of foriegn players at their top clubs was damaging the international team - anyway whilst they still have foreign players the bigger Russian clubs do appear to have put greater emphasis into buying & playing more home-grown talent.

Charlie-Brown

Foreign influx

As Byshovets plans his campaign, he is unlikely to look too far afield for new recruits. The last five years have seen a massive influx of foreign players into the Russian Premier League and Byshovets has long been a staunch critic of the negative impact of imports on the domestic game. Now he is keen to place the emphasis on local talent, with FC Spartak Nalchik striker Eduard Korchagin likely to be his first signing.

Player development

"There is a place for foreign players, of course, and we will not be ignoring these markets. However, too often clubs have signed foreign players who are not of international calibre. We should only be bringing in 'legionnaires' if they're playing for their countries. I would prefer to focus on Eastern European players, as it's much easier for them to learn the language and to adapt on and off the pitch, but I'm convinced that the main focus must be on developing our own players."

Dutch arrivals

Foreign coaches have also become a common feature of the Russian football landscape, but Byshovets believes there is a growing realisation on the part of clubs that the answer might be closer to home. "By and large, the experiment with foreign coaches proved unsuccessful," he said. "A number came in and did not last very long. Now we have the two Dutchmen - Guus Hiddink with the national team and Dick Advocaat with FC Zenit St. Petersburg. Time will tell how they do."

from this article http://www.uefa.com/magazine/news/kind=33554432/newsid=495864.html

Foreign influx

As Byshovets plans his campaign, he is unlikely to look too far afield for new recruits. The last five years have seen a massive influx of foreign players into the Russian Premier League and Byshovets has long been a staunch critic of the negative impact of imports on the domestic game. Now he is keen to place the emphasis on local talent, with FC Spartak Nalchik striker Eduard Korchagin likely to be his first signing.

Player development

"There is a place for foreign players, of course, and we will not be ignoring these markets. However, too often clubs have signed foreign players who are not of international calibre. We should only be bringing in 'legionnaires' if they're playing for their countries. I would prefer to focus on Eastern European players, as it's much easier for them to learn the language and to adapt on and off the pitch, but I'm convinced that the main focus must be on developing our own players."

Dutch arrivals

Foreign coaches have also become a common feature of the Russian football landscape, but Byshovets believes there is a growing realisation on the part of clubs that the answer might be closer to home. "By and large, the experiment with foreign coaches proved unsuccessful," he said. "A number came in and did not last very long. Now we have the two Dutchmen - Guus Hiddink with the national team and Dick Advocaat with FC Zenit St. Petersburg. Time will tell how they do."

from this article http://www.uefa.com/magazine/news/kind=33554432/newsid=495864.html

Well, clearly Byshovets was right to end his association with Romanov.

He was clearly wrong about Advocaat and Hiddink.

But he is right about the negative impact of imports on domestic teams. Above all teams we know about that.

scott_jambo

Silly boy, I already made that jest in post #7!

I dont think any of the Russian National Team would struggle to get work permits, because they are in the Russian National Team in the first place. :)

Archived