Ronaldo's goal

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

Great goal( doesn't do it justice)but why is a overhead kick like that not high feet/ dangerous play.

He must have made contact with the ball about 6ft in the air?

The defender visibly pulls his head away from making contact.

The guy that got sent off was about 3-4ft in the air.

Do you need to make contact with another player for it to be "high feet"?

Strange rule and applied differently, Thoughts, any refs out there?

copa-mundial
18 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Great goal( doesn't do it justice)but why is a overhead kick like that not high feet/ dangerous play.

He must have made contact with the ball about 6ft in the air?

The defender visibly pulls his head away from making contact.

The guy that got sent off was about 3-4ft in the air.

Do you need to make contact with another player for it to be "high feet"?

Strange rule and applied differently, Thoughts, any refs out there?

It's a goal of a lifetime!! To do it on this stage makes it all the more breath taking. The Juve fans alluded to this. 

On your point of high feet/dangerous play though. Would you have wanted a goal like that ruled out for that offence?

I for one am happy the ref didn't.  

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

It's a goal of a lifetime!! To do it on this stage makes it all the more breath taking. The Juve fans alluded to this. 

On your point of high feet/dangerous play though. Would you have wanted a goal like that ruled out for that offence?

I for one am happy the ref didn't.  

No, but do the rules state its not dangerous play if it looks good?

Just a point as a guy got sent if for high feet/ dangerous play in the same game.

Ronaldos boot must be 6ft of the ground and a defenders head is about a foot from him.

I just find it interesting how the rules are applied. Is it just contact with the ball, I've seen fouls given even when the player wins the ball tho in the past, quite regularly.

copa-mundial
10 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Just a point as a guy got sent if for high feet/ dangerous play in the same game.

Ronaldos boot must be 6ft of the ground and a defenders head is about a foot from him.

I just find it interesting how the rules are applied. Is it just contact with the ball, I've seen fouls given even when the player wins the ball tho in the past, quite regularly.

Not denying Ronaldo's foot being that high off the ground, but I think that's the case as you say. 

Where Dybala clearly makes contact with the player. Ronaldo doesn't. 

There have been cases in the past where players have been penalised for doing the bicycle kick. You do have a very valid point. 

As said, in this case I think the ref got it spot on

Dybalas second yellow was harsh. Foot was just above waist height, he was clearly watching the ball.

But regards the over head kick, contact and intent has to be a consideration. He didn't make contact and he had only one thing in mind.

I have seen a few free kicks given for high foot recently and it was attempted overhead kicks.

I was thinking that if it becomes common practice it is going to ruin another brilliant part of the game.

Ron Burgundy

If a centre half goes for that he loses half a dozen teeth. It's clearly high feet and very dangerous as he's not got a clue what's behind him  but it's another rule that seems to benefit attackers rather than defenders.

Foul every single day of the week.

John Findlay

Goal of a lifetime? Wayne Rooney scored a better overhead kick in a Manchester derby not so long ago.

10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Goal of a lifetime? Wayne Rooney scored a better overhead kick in a Manchester derby not so long ago.

Need to update yer signature mate. It's 8 Scottish Cups. :sweeet:

:D

Samuel Camazzola
21 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The one where he shinned it? In terms of better overhead kicks, Zlatan's, Rivaldo's and Trevor Sinclair's come to mind. Ronald's is still a great finish though. 

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

The one where he shinned it? In terms of better overhead kicks, Zlatan's, Rivaldo's and Trevor Sinclair's come to mind. Ronald's is still a great finish though. 

Sinclair's is the one that I think of first whenever someone mentions overhead kicks. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Bauld said:

I have seen a few free kicks given for high foot recently and it was attempted overhead kicks.

I was thinking that if it becomes common practice it is going to ruin another brilliant part of the game.

3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

If a centre half goes for that he loses half a dozen teeth. It's clearly high feet and very dangerous as he's not got a clue what's behind him  but it's another rule that seems to benefit attackers rather than defenders.

Foul every single day of the week.

Yip, it's  strange one. guy got a second booking for trying to control the ball at about 3ft before that-pretty much for the R madrid guy running into him, if the defender had wnet for the ball that he loses his head. he visbly pulls out of it.

If a foot at 6ft is not high feet, then nothing is?

the rule needs clarified.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, jimbo99 said:

Why is it referred to as a "bicycle kick"?

I think it's because your foot goes in a wheel ( wheelie) motion. could be wrong tho. if you do a wheelie, your body takes that shape, although you don't go right round.

OmiyaHearts
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Rooney's came off his shin, so it's miles behind in terms of quality and technique.

sairyinthat
4 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Think it's the intent that counts.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, dumpson said:

Keep practicing Ronaldo ....

Much better goal. 

Archived