Player ratings ( merged )

DVB

wattie exploited

How much longer have we got to put up with the dross football we have been watching now for almost 2 years .

I remember when we used to play good attacking football and have a right go at teams but that seems a long time ago .

Seems we are not getting the best out off our players and our tactics are really so negative by CL  its soul destroying week in week out hoping we are going to see some good football but at the moment it is pure dross ,we are making teams like Dundee look bloody good when they are total shit . and again it looks like a whole new team is required and am not sure CL is the man to fix this out !!!!!!!!! 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Don't know the answer but it may have been something to do with the fact that Smith-Browne, Mitchell, Brandon and M Smith were all injured.  Who would you have played there?

Randall RB and Godinho LB or even Hughes CB and Souttar RB. Don’t see the point in having our slowest player as a fullback plus he hasn’t played there for us as you could tell with him being out of position most of the game. 

P.s. smith brown left ages ago 

Lol folk need to wake up here... Bera lost the goal for us and folk are giving him a 7+.... Behave boy needs to wake up if he wants in the starting 11 next season 

43 minutes ago, Mort said:

Randall RB and Godinho LB or even Hughes CB and Souttar RB. Don’t see the point in having our slowest player as a fullback plus he hasn’t played there for us as you could tell with him being out of position most of the game. 

P.s. smith brown left ages ago 

Randall played there and was no great success

Would you hang Godinho out to dry on the wrong side of the field when he is fairly new to 1st tram football?

You would prefer to upset the CB partnership to possibly solve the LB problem.

Afraid IMO there is no easy solution, not helped by injuries

2 hours ago, ecky92 said:

Lol folk need to wake up here... Bera lost the goal for us and folk are giving him a 7+.... Behave boy needs to wake up if he wants in the starting 11 next season 

Goal aside he was solid enough. I agree that he gets an easy ride though on here but our defence work harder than most covering for our quite diabolical midfield week in week out. I mean really, our midfeld is not fit for purpose. I love Levein but he has to take the blame for this. 

So far I’ve not seen anything from Amankwaa that fills me with confidence. Is he a pemanent deal? If so how long?

Adao, perhaps not great today but I’ve liked what I’ve seen.

Amankwaa was meant to be a fast winger, I am still waiting to see him run past a full back, like Boyle does for that shower? Naismith a total waste again in midfield, The fans are crying out to see him up front .  Lafferty must hate away games as much as I do. Up on his own, against shite teams like Dundee. The tactics Hearts now play, we deserve to be called the most boring team in the league. Relying on your keeper and captain every week to try and scrape a point.

And don't get me started on that  headless chicken Cowie. He's like a horse without the jockey. And we have to suffer another year of him. When you  seen Motherwell play Rangers yesterday, and watched us today, it's unreal how we have beaten them to a top 6 place.

The Treasurer

I thought that Berra looked nowhere near fit and his poor performance rubbed off on Souttar and Hughes.

I thought Callachan was the best of a poor midfield, largely down to the fact that he looked like he wanted to be on the pitch.

Lafferty just gave up after wrongly being booked for diving.

12 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Actually, I think it is best to judge by area.

Goal keep 3

Defense 3

Midfield 0 (as usual)

Attack 3 (no point in even playing)

Did you get those totals by adding the individual points they were worth together?:greggy:

8 hours ago, ycj said:

Amankwaa was meant to be a fast winger, I am still waiting to see him run past a full back, like Boyle does for that shower? Naismith a total waste again in midfield, The fans are crying out to see him up front .  Lafferty must hate away games as much as I do. Up on his own, against shite teams like Dundee. The tactics Hearts now play, we deserve to be called the most boring team in the league. Relying on your keeper and captain every week to try and scrape a point.

And don't get me started on that  headless chicken Cowie. He's like a horse without the jockey. And we have to suffer another year of him. When you  seen Motherwell play Rangers yesterday, and watched us today, it's unreal how we have beaten them to a top 6 place.

The difference is McGeogh, McGinn & Bartley get Hibs on the front foot to let Boyle play.

Our midfield consists of one defensive midfielder and four players who rely on someone else to get us in the front foot.

9 hours ago, TurboT said:

So far I’ve not seen anything from Amankwaa that fills me with confidence. Is he a pemanent deal? If so how long?

Adao, perhaps not great today but I’ve liked what I’ve seen.

I too have seen nothing to convince me that Amankwa is any better than we already had.  In fact, unless he is just taking a longer than normal time to bed in, I think he will prove to have been a poor poor signing.

Adao I would not try to sign anyway, not only because of transfer difficulties but I feel he is walking on eggshells all the time with bookings and when he does tone it down he becomes less effective.

colinmaroon
21 hours ago, Big Moysey said:

Berra not an 8, was slack in marking back at their goal. Cowie - very generous with a 4! Distance between our midfield and defence was ridiculous. Just want this season finished

Tin hat on!

Thought Big Mac should have done better at the goal - ball well inside the 6 yard box.

Godhino 8

1 hour ago, DVB said:

The difference is McGeogh, McGinn & Bartley get Hibs on the front foot to let Boyle play.

Our midfield consists of one defensive midfielder and four players who rely on someone else to get us in the front foot.

Exactly their first thoughts are to go forward with the ball or make forward passes unlike us who invariably go sideways or backwards.

HillmanHearts

Jon & Godhino 7

Soutar & Berra 6

Callachan 5  ( for the nicely taken goal ) 

The rest a mixture of 3s & 4s.

Godhino has been a bright spark of hope in this latest run of generally turgid stuff.

13 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Randall played there and was no great success

Would you hang Godinho out to dry on the wrong side of the field when he is fairly new to 1st tram football?

You would prefer to upset the CB partnership to possibly solve the LB problem.

Afraid IMO there is no easy solution, not helped by injuries

No response to your Smith-Brown gaff?

6 minutes ago, Spencer said:

No response to your Smith-Brown gaff?

I don't know what a gaff is.

If you mean gaffe I don't think I made one.

If Smith-Browne had not been injured he would probably still have been with us and available to play LB instead of Hughes.  Same with Mitchell who one assumes replaced him.  Same with Brandon and Smith.

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I don't know what a gaff is.

If you mean gaffe I don't think I made one.

If Smith-Browne had not been injured he would probably still have been with us and available to play LB instead of Hughes.  Same with Mitchell who one assumes replaced him.  Same with Brandon and Smith.

You made one alright. Now you are squirming 

22 minutes ago, Spencer said:

You made one alright. Now you are squirming 

I don't know what a gaff is?  Can you explain or was that a gaffe?

I didn't make a gaffe.  I was trying to point out the efforts we have made to get a proper LB on the field so as not to need Hughes there but if it pleases your points scoring little mind then so be it.  Have a nice Easter.

Nookie Bear
12 hours ago, ycj said:

Amankwaa doesn't stand a chance. We are so slow in possession that the opposition can organise and stifle any threat far too easily.

Hibs have midfielders working their socks off to make things happen and create space, and then the likes of Boyle can get space to run into (like he did for Shaw's "goal" at Tynie, and numerous occasions in the defeat at easter road). Jeez, they even have useless ***** like Lewis ***** Stevenson looking like a decent attacking full back!

16 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Amankwaa doesn't stand a chance. We are so slow in possession that the opposition can organise and stifle any threat far too easily.

Hibs have midfielders working their socks off to make things happen and create space, and then the likes of Boyle can get space to run into (like he did for Shaw's "goal" at Tynie, and numerous occasions in the defeat at easter road). Jeez, they even have useless ***** like Lewis ***** Stevenson looking like a decent attacking full back!

We quite possibly have the most pedestrian midfield options in this league. No dynisim or incision of any kind.  

I would love to know how people think it will be so much better next year. Not sure that someone from QotS or Dundee United is going to make much difference but hopefully recruitment will provide a pleasant surprise 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Spencer said:

We quite possibly have the most pedestrian midfield options in this league. No dynisim or incision of any kind.  

I would love to know how people think it will be so much better next year. Not sure that someone from QotS or Dundee United is going to make much difference but hopefully recruitment will provide a pleasant surprise 

Recruitment will have to be good as what we currently have isn’t good enough as a whole. I’d be surprised  ( but not in a pleasant manner ) if that isn’t improved over the summer. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Recruitment will have to be good as what we currently have isn’t good enough as a whole. I’d be surprised  ( but not in a pleasant manner ) if that isn’t improved over the summer. 

Sunday was a terrible watch. Much like most of the season if we are being honest. The football is dire and I'm not sure it's doing much for crowd numbers at Tynecastle at a time when the club require strong supporter engagement. 

Levein is already making noises about resources being tight ahead of his recruitment drive. Therefore it would appear likely that a few punts being taken are fairly likely. Sadly we know how successful those types of signings have been in recent times 

Another season like this will severely test the loyalty of elements of our support 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Sunday was a terrible watch. Much like most of the season if we are being honest. The football is dire and I'm not sure it's doing much for crowd numbers at Tynecastle at a time when the club require strong supporter engagement. 

Levein is already making noises about resources being tight ahead of his recruitment drive. Therefore it would appear likely that a few punts being taken are fairly likely. Sadly we know how successful those types of signings have been in recent times 

Another season like this will severely test the loyalty of elements of our support 

Sunday was very poor apart from the first 10 minutes. In the market we operate in some players will always be punts. The next six months are crucial for the club now. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Spencer said:

I think it is generally accepted that Levein has brought in some quality players, but if you set them up to play at a slow tempo then the wingers will have no space to run into and Lafferty will be receiving the ball with his back to goal, surrounded by defenders.

maroonnicky63
Just now, Tokyo Drifter said:

Think he's on an 18 month contract, so it's this season and next. Hope there's better to see from him. Beats me why Henderson and Moore were preferred at the substitution stage: Milinkovic and McDonald would have been my choice.

I wouldn't play any of the young lads just now it will do them more harm than good because if we lose on Saturday the usual numpties will be booing them of the park, we need to protect them just now, season has gone anyway

4 hours ago, Spencer said:

Can you not just give it a rest for a while.

You say you're not sure so why post the consequential drivel for the  995th time.

As for punts, every player is a punt to some degree as Jose will tell you re Pogba.  Do you think he's showing up (so far) as the most expensive player around these parts?

Your last sentence is just a fervent hope if your posting history is anything to go by.

Give a rest man.

18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Can you not just give it a rest for a while.

You say you're not sure so why post the consequential drivel for the  995th time.

As for punts, every player is a punt to some degree as Jose will tell you re Pogba.  Do you think he's showing up (so far) as the most expensive player around these parts?

Your last sentence is just a fervent hope if your posting history is anything to go by.

Give a rest man.

Are you employed by Hearts to try and dispel dissenting voices on here? 

If you think that attendances and supporter loyalty are not being tested you are incredibly naive 

If you have been at Tynecastle recently you will have seen large gaps in Main stand in particular. Suggesting that in some way pleases me is utterly pathetic 

I would expect nothing less from you 

29 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Are you employed by Hearts to try and dispel dissenting voices on here? 

If you think that attendances and supporter loyalty are not being tested you are incredibly naive 

If you have been at Tynecastle recently you will have seen large gaps in Main stand in particular. Suggesting that in some way pleases me is utterly pathetic 

I would expect nothing less from you 

Give it up man.  You're like a broken record.

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Give it up man.  You're like a broken record.

Great response Al 

Let's just wait and see how season ticket sales go. Fans are not happy at watch they are watching

5 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Great response Al 

Let's just wait and see how season ticket sales go. Fans are not happy at watch they are watching

I'm not happy with the quality either but I'm not a squeamish wimpish fair weather supporter.

I'll be there next season despite whatever crap is written about falling ST sales.

It's as if you're DESPERATE for a fall to happen.  FFS give it a break and see what quality we sign before putting on your I M Jolly face.

Archived