Khan vs Gomez

vegas-voss

Well i think i know how this one will go.Gomez will give him a fight of it for 3 to 4 rounds and then Khan will take him out.What is interesting is that they might be trying to line up Khan for a shot at the Pac-Man later in the year.Paquiao will destroy Khan at this stage of his career, in fact probably all the world title holders right now would.He has to step up the class a little further before he can fight for a world title imo unless he fights for one of the lesser versions like the WBU.

Anyway should be quite an explosive fight tonight as one thing is for sure Gomez fights are always exciting even though he gets beat in most of them.

Well i think i know how this one will go.Gomez will give him a fight of it for 3 to 4 rounds and then Khan will take him out.What is interesting is that they might be trying to line up Khan for a shot at the Pac-Man later in the year.Paquiao will destroy Khan at this stage of his career, in fact probably all the world title holders right now would.He has to step up the class a little further before he can fight for a world title imo unless he fights for one of the lesser versions like the WBU.

Anyway should be quite an explosive fight tonight as one thing is for sure Gomez fights are always exciting even though he gets beat in most of them.

Definatly Khan's hardest fight to date..... will be interesting as I've not been that impressed with him every time he has stepped up. Always looks one punch away from going down when he is stung.

Gomez is a blown up superfeatherweight who is far far far past his best. IMO Khan wins within 1 or 2 rounds (which is a pity coz i would love to see Khan get knocked out).

Khan in 5 easy

Why is it that people don't seem to like Khan? He always come across as respectful and is clearly a talented fighter so I don't think it's down to being over-hyped?

True but I have serious doubts over Khans chin... something you cant work on like anything else in boxing, he can defend but thats not his style.

True but I have serious doubts over Khans chin... something you cant work on like anything else in boxing, he can defend but thats not his style.

Your right when someone like Willie Limond can just about put you away you know your in trouble.I like Khan i just think he is still along way away from being a top fighter.When Khan comes up against the real top fighters and make no bones about it Pac-Man is the daddy,they won't need to worry about what Khan can do all they will be thinking is this guy aint got the jaw.

Khan - maybe in one or two tonight.

yeah , i'll go with that, that with him being on his erse

I hope he gets battered silly

Sincerly dislike Khan, a glorified little ned who should have been jailed for the serious accident he caused last year

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Gomez will get destroyed. He is a blown up Super Featherweight who is years past his best.

He mentions Arthur every fight he has. He's done **** all since though.

I hope he gets battered silly

Sincerly dislike Khan, a glorified little ned who should have been jailed for the serious accident he caused last year

Gomez is a gent I hear.

Angry Haggis

Looking forward to this fight - don't like either fighter that much. Give credit to Gomez - its stacked against him tonight. Mind you it was stacked against him when he fought AA and look what happened.

As previously posted if Wille Limmond (not regarding as a big hitter) can rock Khan then who knows.

Just looking forward to a good old fashioned scrap..hopefully. ;)

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Can't see Gomez lasting 3 rounds at his rate

WTF was with his headgear btw?

You have to be able to box if your going to wear that kinda get up

Boaby Ewing

Say what you want about Khan, that was some brave counter punching.

rubbish, fair do`s it was a peach of a body shot but the ref stopped it a bit early. When Khan had him on the ropes all the shots missed, he was gettin outta the way, no position to continue my arse!

Chip Douglas

Disappointed, I was hoping Gomez would batter that wee goon to a pulp.

Decent fight though.

Chip Douglas
rubbish, fair do`s it was a peach of a body shot but the ref stopped it a bit early. When Khan had him on the ropes all the shots missed, he was gettin outta the way, no position to continue my arse!

Agreed, the wrong decision, Gomez has grounds for being furious.

Premature stoppage imo. Thats Khan been knocked down by a non puncher in Limond and a blown up Superfeatherweight in Gomez....it is no wonder Frank Warren doesnt want to put him in with one of the world champions yet, he would get knocked out.

Absolutely spot on! Well summarised before the fight. He is not ready for a title fight, got a good bit to go. He has the hand speed but not the power.

Chip Douglas
Premature stoppage imo. Thats Khan been knocked down by a non puncher in Limond and a blown up Superfeatherweight in Gomez....it is no wonder Frank Warren doesnt want to put him in with one of the world champions yet, he would get knocked out.

Maybe Warren had a "word" with the referee.

Spot on there. If he thinks he can step up in class with some of the big boys he is seriously deluded. His cockiness and hype will be his undoing (as well as his chin).

Stoppage was probably harsh as its typical Gomez and Khan makes it look as though he punching a lot because of the speed but he wasnt connecting much.

Frank Warren was going mental at him which sums it up at the minute.

see that`s why i don`t like him "i made stupid mistakes" crap, you got caught easily by a guy past his best. Put in with any punchers of note, like Paquiao as others have said, he`ll get leathered. Doesn`t cover up enough and relies on showy swimming style combos.

Great fight but only because Khan aint as good as some believe.Showed up once again by a limited but game fighter.Any world champ out there would take Khan out as for Gomez he done what i thought he would game as **** and gave Khan a fright.As for Khan well he is great fighting from distance but once again his defence is bad and he can't fight on the inside or up close.Still only 21 though.

The People's Chimp

Great fight, really enjoyed it.

I think Khan has the potential, but if he is rushed up to fight the big boys he will be found out, as pretty much everyone else here has said...

Do you not think that a lot of Khan's fights have been stopped a bit too early? I thought that although Gomez was starting to look a bit shaky he still had a bit of fight in him and that the ref stepped in too early.

Im sure its happened in a couple of Khan's other fights as well.

Do you not think that a lot of Khan's fights have been stopped a bit too early? I thought that although Gomez was starting to look a bit shaky he still had a bit of fight in him and that the ref stepped in too early.

Im sure its happened in a couple of Khan's other fights as well.

The last few punches Khan threw didnt even land - i would like to see a rematch but doubt Warren would put Khan anywhere near Gomez again.

Archived