Call Of Duty:World At War

vegas-voss

I'd say it looked promising, however, if CoD3 is anything to go by, it will probably suck. Weird how most game companies shy away from showing in-game footage as cut scenes don't actually mean squat.

Looks amazing :)

As I said in my previous post, most games tend to look decent when all they use is cut scenes.

To say it looks amazing is kind of premature.

I'd say it looked promising, however, if CoD3 is anything to go by, it will probably suck. Weird how most game companies shy away from showing in-game footage as cut scenes don't actually mean squat.

Alot of that is in-game.To be fair all Cod games look great it's just as is said before some end up like 3.

Do The Dance

?? Cut scenes? To me it looked like in game action. Not exactly massive jump in graphics from COD4, so what makes you think it's cut scenes?

?? Cut scenes? To me it looked like in game action. Not exactly massive jump in graphics from COD4, so what makes you think it's cut scenes?

It's def the in-game engine not cgi

Ibrahim Tall

Looks good.

Would have prefered the "Modern" theme rather than revist the ww2 idea though.

Looks good.

I love WW2 games, hopefully we'll see the return of the bolt action rifle in this game. Can't stand the amount of people who use a P90 with stopping power and deep impact on CoD4. Atleast it takes a bit of skill with the rifles, hate the people who just camp in a corner with claymores on the stairs etc.

I was playing team tactical last night and it came onto sabotage, no one would even go for the bomb. They'd just get it down and snipe whoever was trying to retrieve it. Load of bollocks. Search and Destroy is the best.

Looks good.

Agreed. COD 4 is by far one of the best games I have played in the last year or so.

World War 2 games have been well over done.

Funny that... seeing as it's set during WW2 ;)

oh i know that, but i meant i was in nam last year playing call of duty 3..the things i saw

Unless I'm missing something obvious here, it isn't in-game scenes as there's no first person view involved. Where's the crosshair, ammo and gun graphics etc? That's what I'd class as the actual in-game graphics, like what you see when you're actually at the controls yourself, not some mini advert, movie or what ever you want to call it.

Anyway, even if it was the actual in-game graphics, it doesn't mean it will amount to nothing more than a pig with lipstick on. After all, that's what the 3rd one amounted to that was developed by the same company.

Snake Plissken

Inifinity Ward aren't making this one, its the same studio that made CoD3. :mad:

I'm really disappointed they've gone back to WW2 AGAIN - I mean theres a genre that has been done to death then the corpse has been dug up and done to death all over again.

It will take a lot to convince to part with my cash for this one - I'm still enjoying CoD4 to this very day thanks to the epic multi-player gaming.

Inifinity Ward aren't making this one, its the same studio that made CoD3. :mad:

I'm really disappointed they've gone back to WW2 AGAIN - I mean theres a genre that has been done to death then the corpse has been dug up and done to death all over again.

It will take a lot to convince to part with my cash for this one - I'm still enjoying CoD4 to this very day thanks to the epic multi-player gaming.

Tryarc do one year and InfinityWard the other it's the only way you get a COD game every year as they take 2 years to develop COD6 will be modern warfare and at least 5 is taking different slant setting it in Japan.I think it will be good alot more gorilla warfare than the all ou assaults of 2 and 3.

Better call Saul

It will take a lot to convince to part with my cash for this one - I'm still enjoying CoD4 to this very day thanks to the epic multi-player gaming.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts too........ COD4 is the bawz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I'd much rather run around shooting guys on a WW2 game than all this futuristic bull***** like GRAW etc. Running around trenches with your Thompson spraying 5 guys at once, quality.

Better call Saul

futuristic bull

Ken where yer coming from I bought GEARS O WAR WHAT A PILE O SHEEPS POO THAT WAS

COD4 RULES

Unless I'm missing something obvious here, it isn't in-game scenes as there's no first person view involved. Where's the crosshair, ammo and gun graphics etc? That's what I'd class as the actual in-game graphics, like what you see when you're actually at the controls yourself, not some mini advert, movie or what ever you want to call it.

Anyway, even if it was the actual in-game graphics, it doesn't mean it will amount to nothing more than a pig with lipstick on. After all, that's what the 3rd one amounted to that was developed by the same company.

What you class as in-game graphics is incorrect. It doesn't have to be in the same view as you do whilst playing the game.

I'd much rather run around shooting guys on a WW2 game than all this futuristic bull***** like GRAW etc. Running around trenches with your Thompson spraying 5 guys at once, quality.

COD4 wasn't "futuristic", it's pretty much present day...

What you class as in-game graphics is incorrect. It doesn't have to be in the same view as you do whilst playing the game.

COD4 wasn't "futuristic", it's pretty much present day...

I was talking more about GRAW, Frontlines etc. I don't like the perk system on CoD4 though, juggernaut, stopping power, martyrdom etc, load of p!sh. It should just be a level playing field for everyone, so hopefully they have none of that in WaW.

It may be futuristic bull***** but Gears of War is amazing.

it`ll be hard to top COD4, but i do hope that as much time is spent on the single player game campaigns, think too many games rely on the multiplayer/online side of things now which is a slight cop out if you ask me.

it`ll be hard to top COD4, but i do hope that as much time is spent on the single player game campaigns, think too many games rely on the multiplayer/online side of things now which is a slight cop out if you ask me.

I know what you mean but its what the consumer demands these days. Online gaming is the future, even single player campaigns are becoming online co-op based.

Beacuase the 360 and PS3 have such strong online communitys game developers would be silly not to have a strong online element to a game.

I know what you mean but its what the consumer demands these days. Online gaming is the future, even single player campaigns are becoming online co-op based.

Beacuase the 360 and PS3 have such strong online communitys game developers would be silly not to have a strong online element to a game.

Exactly. I've got a mate who refuses to buy any game that doesn't have multiplayer. Assassins Creed, Bioshock, Mass Effect etc, some absolutely fantastic games he's missing out on.

Exactly. I've got a mate who refuses to buy any game that doesn't have multiplayer. Assassins Creed, Bioshock, Mass Effect etc, some absolutely fantastic games he's missing out on.

I hate the fact that game reviewers now take marks off there score if there is no multiplayer.Ninja Gaiden got points taken off because there is no multiplayer,it's a single player game for ****s sake god knows how you could have multiplayer or co-op.

Also i would much rather they had longer single player games than some of the **** types of multiplayer options they have i mean some of them you never ever play.To me it's a cheap option and developers latched onto it that because xbox live is so big that gamers care more about multiplay.Which just is not true yeah we want multiplay but as an add on to the main game not the other way round.

Totally disagree with that sentiment. I'd rather COD concentrated on the multiplayer. I've never even got round to finishing the single player of COD4 because I'm enjoying the multiplayer so much...7 months on!

Totally disagree with that sentiment. I'd rather COD concentrated on the multiplayer. I've never even got round to finishing the single player of COD4 because I'm enjoying the multiplayer so much...7 months on!

the reason i think it`s a cop out creating a game based on it`s multiplayer abilities is that the developer is relying upon you battling other people, rather than battling the game, scenarios and story. If all you want is an online multiplayer experience you should stick with Team Fortress and games like that.

I don`t dislike the online option, i played Halo 3, some COD4 and a fair bit of GTA IV online. But i have to say that the single player values of GTA IV was refreshing as it gave you a real game to PLAY and not jus something to participate in.

If all you want is an online multiplayer experience you should stick with Team Fortress and games like that.

Why when COD4 multiplayer is more fun?

I hate the fact that game reviewers now take marks off there score if there is no multiplayer.Ninja Gaiden got points taken off because there is no multiplayer,it's a single player game for ****s sake god knows how you could have multiplayer or co-op.

Also i would much rather they had longer single player games than some of the **** types of multiplayer options they have i mean some of them you never ever play.To me it's a cheap option and developers latched onto it that because xbox live is so big that gamers care more about multiplay.Which just is not true yeah we want multiplay but as an add on to the main game not the other way round.

Agreed.

GTA is probably the best example. They could have added much more missions instead of concentrating on some of the crap multiplayer options. I'm sure we'd all have been happy with a fantastic storyline and Free Roam, instead they add pointless multiplayer options which I'd be surprised if people actually played. You can only play Cops n Crooks etc about 3 times before it gets boring.

Agreed.

GTA is probably the best example. They could have added much more missions instead of concentrating on some of the crap multiplayer options. I'm sure we'd all have been happy with a fantastic storyline and Free Roam, instead they add pointless multiplayer options which I'd be surprised if people actually played. You can only play Cops n Crooks etc about 3 times before it gets boring.

GTAIV is really bad full stop after a awhile it has nothing to hold your attention for long and i found myself just deperate to get to the end.The variety in the missions is very poor and the new shooting system(which is good)made it too easy.I can't wait for Saints Row 2 for some fun as this GTA took itself far too serious imo.

GTAIV is really bad full stop after a awhile it has nothing to hold your attention for long and i found myself just deperate to get to the end.The variety in the missions is very poor and the new shooting system(which is good)made it too easy.I can't wait for Saints Row 2 for some fun as this GTA took itself far too serious imo.

Previous GTA's used to keep me occupied for hours, your lucky if I can play IV for about half an hour before I get bored. If you have auto aim on all you have to do is aim up a bit and you'll get a headshot, so it's probably better to turn it off.

When is Saints Row 2 out? Hopefully it follows on from the first. Still think the plastic surgery idea is a bit weird.

Previous GTA's used to keep me occupied for hours, your lucky if I can play IV for about half an hour before I get bored. If you have auto aim on all you have to do is aim up a bit and you'll get a headshot, so it's probably better to turn it off.

When is Saints Row 2 out? Hopefully it follows on from the first. Still think the plastic surgery idea is a bit weird.

September can't wait co-op mode aswell which should be fun.

jack D and coke

The thing i hated about GTA the most was how easy it was. Can't think of a single mission that i had to play more than once and how easy was it to lose the police! Even on about 4 stars it was a complete doddle! Wonder what the DLC will be. Looks like they've ran out if ideas for missions i think, feel like you've done it all before.

On COD WaW i think it looks magic, going to have vehicles in the multiplayer this time as well apparently. You can swim underwater in this one also plus there's a 4 player co-op mode on the campaign.

The thing i hated about GTA the most was how easy it was. Can't think of a single mission that i had to play more than once and how easy was it to lose the police! Even on about 4 stars it was a complete doddle! Wonder what the DLC will be. Looks like they've ran out if ideas for missions i think, feel like you've done it all before.

On COD WaW i think it looks magic, going to have vehicles in the multiplayer this time as well apparently. You can swim underwater in this one also plus there's a 4 player co-op mode on the campaign.

I lost count of the amount of missions which required you to go to a factory and kill about 20 guys. Can't wait for the new CoD, from what you've said it should be amazing. We should organise a KB night on CoD 4 btw, could be a laugh.

jack D and coke

[/b][/b]

I lost count of the amount of missions which required you to go to a factory and kill about 20 guys. Can't wait for the new CoD, from what you've said it should be amazing. We should organise a KB night on CoD 4 btw, could be a laugh.

I'd be up for that one night.

Hughesie, I'll snipe you in the face within 2 minutes of the start. I know you can only get 6 people in a party but what about private matches?

We've got 3 so far, I'd imagine Vegas would want to play aswell.

Snake Plissken

How about setting up a JKB clan for CoD4?

clan tag could just be {jkb}

How about setting up a JKB clan for CoD4?

clan tag could just be {jkb}

Sounds like a plan.

Just need to weed out the crap players like Hughesie...

Guest S.U.S.S.

I agree, for me the single player is sinlpy a training campaign to get the buttons nailed.

Id be up for a game, Dexter also plays.

Ha ha..that was a good one. Although wait a minute...no it wasn't!

:laugh:

Nice one SUSS, I'll start a thread up later to gather some names!

Snake Plissken

so who all wants to get a clan set up then?

my tag is Myk1874.

I am for joining the clan.

Username is WinterJambo1874

COD4 is the darts

Guest S.U.S.S.

Whats everyones fav combo of weapons and perks then.

MP5 + Silencer

3 frag

stopping power

martyrdom

or

sniper & mp5 + Silencer

Obisously dumping stopping power for the twin primary weapons.

Archived