Copil coming back to Hearts

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

according to his agent. In the evening news today (dont have a link yet just quickly read the back page quickly in a shop.)

Says he is back on Monday and determined to get into the first team this year. As most know he offered to come back before the summer but Hearts thought it was just so he could collect his summer pay, so told him if he was serious then he is to come back for pre-season training. Also has been following the fitness training sent to him by Hearts. SO hopefully his mind is sorted and can show that he can be a great Hearts player. But like many Jambos I will always be sceptical so he needs to prove himself and not expect to be 1st team player.

Though a manager is important to help players like him and Pinilla who are not 100% at times.

It's good news, but still needing that real live manager in the dugout to make him into a proper player. Hopefully a swift kick in the arse has got him to grow up over the summer.

Pinilla too of course ;)

That would be very promising if it comes to any kind of fruition.

Copil, like Branny, could be the future of Hearts. Now then, just for a boss to be installed.....

jamboinglasgow
It's good news, but still needing that real live manager in the dugout to make him into a proper player. Hopefully a swift kick in the arse has got him to grow up over the summer.

Pinilla too of course ;)

I think it is good news, and from the way his agent is talking think Copil has grown up a bit, also think he has a wise agent.

Think Pinilla will show why the Hearts fans should have faith in him and if Copil can fufill his promise then we will have a cracking technical player on our hands.

but a manager is a must.

jamboinglasgow
Thats bad news and you last three posters must have your heads stuck up your ****

I can only see it as bad news if he hasn't changed his attitude, if he has surely that can be better then before.

Thats bad news and you last three posters must have your heads stuck up your ****

Quantify your claim then?

according to his agent. In the evening news today (dont have a link yet just quickly read the back page quickly in a shop.)

Says he is back on Monday and determined to get into the first team this year. As most know he offered to come back before the summer but Hearts thought it was just so he could collect his summer pay, so told him if he was serious then he is to come back for pre-season training. Also has been following the fitness training sent to him by Hearts. SO hopefully his mind is sorted and can show that he can be a great Hearts player. But like many Jambos I will always be sceptical so he needs to prove himself and not expect to be 1st team player.

Though a manager is important to help players like him and Pinilla who are not 100% at times.

Tightwad. ;)

well, I have moved onto recycled toliet paper:p

That's more than enough information about your motions.

Better than having yer head stuck firmly up Romanov's arse though eh?

Charlie-Brown

Story online now with quotes from Copils agent ...... see jamboinglasgows post above :) No mention of anyone else arriving in that story though.

jamboinglasgow
Story online now with quotes from Copils agent ...... see jamboinglasgows post above :) No mention of anyone else arriving in that story though.

just got it in time, though the report seems to stop half way for some reason.

It wouldn't matter if Copil scores 20 goals in 6 months, his chances of playing in the first team are almost zilch, the same as Pospisil, Beslija, Makela to name a few over the last 2 years and don't expect to see anything of Kostadinov either, the arses in charge of the team'll make sure of it cos they've got their favourites, usless articles like Elliot, Mole, Ksanavicius, Ivaskevicius etc..etc.. Copil, Kostadinov and a few others should be playing from the start of the season anyway, even if they're pash at least they'll have been given a chance, we're not going to know what they are like if we don't get to see them.

Charlie-Brown
It wouldn't matter if Copil scores 20 goals in 6 months, his chances of playing in the first team are almost zilch, the same as Pospisil, Beslija, Makela to name a few over the last 2 years and don't expect to see anything of Kostadinov either, the arses in charge of the team'll make sure of it cos they've got their favourites, usless articles like Elliot, Mole, Ksanavicius, Ivaskevicius etc..etc.. Copil, Kostadinov and a few others should be playing from the start of the season anyway, even if they're pash at least they'll have been given a chance, we're not going to know what they are like if we don't get to see them.

No offence but you clearly haven't gone to see either Copil or Kostadinov play cos if you had you wouldn't have posted what you did - they're just young kids and need to improve a lot before they're ready for the 1st team, there are other youngsters much closer to being ready than them at this moment.

No offence but you clearly haven't gone to see either Copil or Kostadinov play cos if you had you wouldn't have posted what you did - they're just young kids and need to improve a lot before they're ready for the 1st team, there are other youngsters much closer to being ready than them at this moment.

Who in your opinion is nearer to the first team than them, I haven't seen either 2 players but I know there are previous posts on their attitude problems and lack of effort.

It maybe that these 2 guys are probably over-hyped and nothing special. It won't help being compared to hagi and stoichkov they would not be at hearts if they were anywhere near that good

Your right, they ARE young kids but other players all over the world have made debuts at young ages and these two are supposed to be 2 of the best youngsters around. All I was saying was they should at least get to play in pre-season games, find out how they are getting on, Copil was in the top 50 most promising players in a list some months back and weren't Celtic trying to get their grubby mits on Kostadinov a couple of months back? Also, can they be any worse than the non-triers we've had to put up with over the last 2 seasons? It's no wonder Copil did a runner. Maybe they're attitude DOES leave a lot to be desired but if I was in their shoes, i'd want to know why I'm not even on the bench in any matches at all while Elliot, Ivaskevicius and failed loan-player Mole can get in ahead of me. Maybe this is the reason their attitude is like it is.

Ryan Gosling
Who in your opinion is nearer to the first team than them, I haven't seen either 2 players but I know there are previous posts on their attitude problems and lack of effort.

It maybe that these 2 guys are probably over-hyped and nothing special. It won't help being compared to hagi and stoichkov they would not be at hearts if they were anywhere near that good

McGowan and Rapnik are probably the closest to the first team at the moment. A good pre-season however could propel anyone into the first team, just look at Driver.

Charlie-Brown

Gary Glen, Ryan McGowan, Johnny Brown, Stephen Husband & Matej Rapnik all probably closer to making an impact on the first team squad than the other kids.

McGowan and Rapnik are probably the closest to the first team at the moment. A good pre-season however could propel anyone into the first team, just look at Driver.

Don't go and see the U-21s anymore is Copil any good.

Ryan Gosling
Don't go and see the U-21s anymore is Copil any good.

He's easily the most gifted player. He requires a serious attitude and work effort change though.

Good point, the quality of the squad leaves a lot to be desired so it should be a bonus for these players including Kostadinov and Copil to get themselves motivated for the start of the season.

scott herbertson

Only had a chance to see Copil on the telly once against Rangers reserves at Ibrox 18 months ago or so

He looked a real prospect - good free kick taker and physically able to care of himself in midfield.

Have read much since to the effect that he hasn't progressed or has an attitude pronblem but it did look to me on that scanty evidence that there was a good quality player there.

jamboinglasgow
Your right, they ARE young kids but other players all over the world have made debuts at young ages and these two are supposed to be 2 of the best youngsters around. All I was saying was they should at least get to play in pre-season games, find out how they are getting on, Copil was in the top 50 most promising players in a list some months back and weren't Celtic trying to get their grubby mits on Kostadinov a couple of months back? Also, can they be any worse than the non-triers we've had to put up with over the last 2 seasons? It's no wonder Copil did a runner. Maybe they're attitude DOES leave a lot to be desired but if I was in their shoes, i'd want to know why I'm not even on the bench in any matches at all while Elliot, Ivaskevicius and failed loan-player Mole can get in ahead of me. Maybe this is the reason their attitude is like it is.

that argument makes me pull my hair out. Just because other players have played at a young age does not mean every promising youngster who doesn't play 1st team football by the age of 19 is a failure. Too often in Britain players are written off if they dont show a high level of performance by the age of 19. In other countries they let it go to 21 as players develop at different times.

Players debut early for a few reasons, either they are exceptional players such as Rooney, Messi and Bojan or the club needs to play these players as shown by smaller clubs such as McCarthy at Hamilton. But I would rather wait for the club to decide when a player is ready and not force a player to play football when they are not ready which can be counter-preductive. Hibs may of pushed players out but for them it is sink or swim and for every player that has starred in that situation, a few have failed. Also there set up suited bringing in youngsters in, ours doesn't at the momment.

Ryan Gosling
Good point, the quality of the squad leaves a lot to be desired so it should be a bonus for these players including Kostadinov and Copil to get themselves motivated for the start of the season.

I think the smartest thing would be to play all the pre-season games with the youth players in the squads, playing with the first team.

For example, I'd look at playing our first pre-season game at Glentoran with a team like:

Banks

Neilson Berra Rapnik Brown

Copil Husband Jonsson Driver

Glen Pinilla

then the next game, something like:

Ridgers

Brown Karipidis D.McGowan Wallace

Templeton Stewart R.McGowan Visconte

Kostadinov Mole

You get the idea?

He's easily the most gifted player. He requires a serious attitude and work effort change though.

Cheer's.

Is it the coaching/managment in the youth's/U-21's/reserves,that's at fault somewhere down the line,it's just yourself and others tell us how good some of these guy's are(I do thank you for that),that they are not challenging for their respective leagues.

jamboinglasgow
Cheer's.

Is it the coaching/managment in the youth's/U-21's/reserves,that's at fault somewhere down the line,it's just yourself and others tell us how good some of these guy's are(I do thank you for that),that they are not challenging for their respective leagues.

I think its more of a mix of things, the U19 coach Darren Murry did make some odd subs when I watched such as removing players before half time and have had a mix of views about him, think he is a marmite sort of coach. But there has been a problem with too many players in the U19 group with some talented U17's pushing into the U19's that a regular team was not possible. To me i think this season should be better.

I think its more of a mix of things, the U19 coach Darren Murry did make some odd subs when I watched such as removing players before half time and have had a mix of views about him, think he is a marmite sort of coach. But there has been a problem with too many players in the U19 group with some talented U17's pushing into the U19's that a regular team was not possible. To me i think this season should be better.

Thankyou.:)

colinmaroon

:omg::th_Yawn::arf::torture:

Ryan Gosling

I think the team could have won the league had the team which started the season finished it, but so many players move up to reserves, and from U17s that it's hard to get a rhythm going. When they play well they're electric.

Fat Striker

Speaking of youth players...

Can anyone clarify if Eddie Mearns has been released by the club? There was a thread a while ago saying he was off but I don't remember seeing anything 'official'.

The reason I ask is that I saw him earlier today in Hearts training gear.

Speaking of youth players...

Can anyone clarify if Eddie Mearns has been released by the club? There was a thread a while ago saying he was off but I don't remember seeing anything 'official'.

The reason I ask is that I saw him earlier today in Hearts training gear.

might still be allowed to train with the club if he fancies his chances of another club picking him up for the coming season?

Im sure he has been released.

that argument makes me pull my hair out. Just because other players have played at a young age does not mean every promising youngster who doesn't play 1st team football by the age of 19 is a failure. Too often in Britain players are written off if they dont show a high level of performance by the age of 19. In other countries they let it go to 21 as players develop at different times.

Players debut early for a few reasons, either they are exceptional players such as Rooney, Messi and Bojan or the club needs to play these players as shown by smaller clubs such as McCarthy at Hamilton. But I would rather wait for the club to decide when a player is ready and not force a player to play football when they are not ready which can be counter-preductive. Hibs may of pushed players out but for them it is sink or swim and for every player that has starred in that situation, a few have failed. Also there set up suited bringing in youngsters in, ours doesn't at the momment.

If your waiting for the club to decide when those players play, you'll wait forever! They have no intention of bringing them in, they're only interested in bringing in loan players from a lesser league in Lithuania, so we might as well get shot of them now then if they're not going to get a fair crack of the whip! So carry on pulling your hair out, i've been doing it for the past two years!

jamboinglasgow
If your waiting for the club to decide when those players play, you'll wait forever! They have no intention of bringing them in, they're only interested in bringing in loan players from a lesser league in Lithuania, so we might as well get shot of them now then if they're not going to get a fair crack of the whip! So carry on pulling your hair out, i've been doing it for the past two years!

wasn't meaning hearts as such but the proffesionals who know more about player development then most fans know.

I think the smartest thing would be to play all the pre-season games with the youth players in the squads, playing with the first team.

For example, I'd look at playing our first pre-season game at Glentoran with a team like:

Banks

Glen Pinilla

Ridgers

Kostadinov Mole

You get the idea?

I'm not sure that we have the sort of coaching/management setup that would mean that playing so many young players - even in pre-season games - would be useful. If any of the young players have the right qualities they might get knocked back by the mess of the first team. I don't know if the guy David McGeown was any good, but I remember him being hung out to dry by Levein in a game against that powerful O'Neill Celtic side. Then he was taken off at half time and never seen again. Shocking mismanagement by Levein.

On the other hand of course some players swim in that situation - Gary Naysmith for one. And Gary Glen and Jonsson (and briefly McGowan) were bright spots in last year's awful season.

But I doubt we have the right management to make those sorts of decisions.

Banks

Glen Pinilla

Ridgers

Kostadinov Mole

You get the idea?

Kostadinov practicly have not chance to play in pre-seasons games. June, 24 he flight with national team in Germany for 3 friendlys. After - UEFA under 19 Championship starting July, 14. Last game in groups is Julay, 20. If team no going to semi-finals he can to come around July, 23-24. actualy he have good games:

Kostadinov practicly have not chance to play in pre-seasons games. June, 24 he flight with national team in Germany for 3 friendlys. After - UEFA under 19 Championship starting July, 14. Last game in groups is Julay, 20. If team no going to semi-finals he can to come around July, 23-24. actualy he have good games:

Have the new management at Manchester City shown any renewed interest?

Have the new management at Manchester City shown any renewed interest?

Next week will sighn pre-contract!

Good for him, hopefully Hearts will get a big transfer fee.

Several millions. Have nice day!

Ryan Gosling
I'm not sure that we have the sort of coaching/management setup that would mean that playing so many young players - even in pre-season games - would be useful. If any of the young players have the right qualities they might get knocked back by the mess of the first team. I don't know if the guy David McGeown was any good, but I remember him being hung out to dry by Levein in a game against that powerful O'Neill Celtic side. Then he was taken off at half time and never seen again. Shocking mismanagement by Levein.

On the other hand of course some players swim in that situation - Gary Naysmith for one. And Gary Glen and Jonsson (and briefly McGowan) were bright spots in last year's awful season.

But I doubt we have the right management to make those sorts of decisions.

McGeown played against Celtic in an end of season game when he was being released no?

McGeown played against Celtic in an end of season game when he was being released no?

No I think it was a game which was mid-season.

Archived