Mad Dogs - George Street!

Ray Winstone

Ray Winstone

What has happened to it?

It used to be an absolute hole - the place was a mess and the toilets were just buckets on the ground!

But the drinks were cheap and it was a perfect place to get binned on a friday night before heading to a club.

Now its all been jazzed up - in a really pretentious way - and the only clientel I could see in there last night was men in their late 40's and the youngest woman I saw must have been pushing 30!

The drinks were pushing three quid - its trying so hard to be a 'George Street Bar' when clearly it never will be!

What an absolute mess - bring back the old mad dogs!

i used to love it when it was a hole!

not been in for a couple of years, but it looked even then, like it was trying to upmarket itself.

bring back the cheaper drinks, the sticky floors & the sever lack of loo roll in the ladies...actually, leave the loo roll alone, cos thats never nice

aaah the memories of madogs

..the only clientel I could see in there last night was men in their late 40's and the youngest woman I saw must have been pushing 30!

Sounds just like the old Madogs :)

As someone over 30 it's great to find a place you don't feel out of place plus the added bonus of the chance of meeting women whom you don't need to ask their age before you try to take it that next stage.

As I get older the fussier I seem to become in the facilities I look for in a pub,club or hotel -- the old bones seem to creak more and the body is now built for comfort not speed :sad:

Still my eyesight is OK -- just need to hope that the woman I meets eyesight isn't :)

Archived