Allan McGregor on the move..to us ( rumour )

CJGJ

Gigolo-Aunt
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

McGregor would have been a great signing but it looks like it's not to be. Now we have to unearth someone else who is hopefully as good as the keeper we are losing. 

Spot on Dave.

Shame as I think he would have been a good fit with us but as you say let's move on and try and get someone else in.

Big Craig is not daft, early on in to his second spell as manager he sorted out the Hamilton problem.  Have no doubts he will do the same here.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Mikey1874

• HeartofHartley

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, chico1874 said:

Didn’t Rangers do this to us with Matt Gilks when that looked a done deal? 

What’s he up to nowadays?

3 minutes ago, westbow said:

What’s he up to nowadays?

He currently has the 4th best 'goals against' record in League One, playing for Scunthorpe United. He could potentially be playing in the Championship next season if they make it through the play-offs.

Just now, Tenor said:

He currently has the 4th best 'goals against' record in League One, playing for Scunthorpe United. He could potentially be playing in the Championship next season if they make it through the play-offs.

Surprised that team beats the swear filter, never used to.

Maroonblood22

With absolutely no knowledge of what’s went on behind the scenes, can’t help feeling that Levein’s been shafted by McGregor here.

Quality keeper no doubt, but anyone with a mindset to play for those deid cretins (for the first time) deserves no further consideration from us! (If all rumours are true obvs ken)

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

Said it on another thread...

Hamilton should have gone on loan to the championship/lower end of the premiership this year which would have given him the chance to stake a claim for the No.1 jersey in 2018/19.

Instead he chose to sit on his arse.

Not sure it was his choice as we were trying to punt noring. As soon as it was clear noring wasnt going anywhere Jack should have been loaned out. Not sure he will have developed at all this last 12 months which is a waste.

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

If the BBC rumour is true then I doubt he is Murty's choice as he's about to be punted. I also doubt it is the DOF...I can only imagine it is the King himself. Very Vlad-like - wonder if the MSM will run a story about it?

They have

Barry Ferguson saying it's very wrong unless new manager has agreed signings of McGregor and Arfield. 

Greedy_Jambo
1 hour ago, Des' Dad said:

Please..would HAVE been and We'd HAVE needed. Lesson over.

Aye, I can't seem to get my head around that one. I've been told about 6 times haha. 

jack D and coke
36 minutes ago, Maroonblood22 said:

With absolutely no knowledge of what’s went on behind the scenes, can’t help feeling that Levein’s been shafted by McGregor here.

Quality keeper no doubt, but anyone with a mindset to play for those deid cretins (for the first time) deserves no further consideration from us! (If all rumours are true obvs ken)

Maybe McGregor watched our absolute shitebag performance on Sunday and changed his mind. 

Greedy_Jambo

I spoke to someone today that asked Mcgregor a few weeks ago if he would be back up the road. 

He said he would go back to Rangers if they wanted him, if not, it would be Hearts. 

Apparently he's from Currie. 

4 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

I spoke to someone today that asked Mcgregor a few weeks ago if he would be back up the road. 

He said he would go back to Rangers if they wanted him, if not, it would be Hearts. 

Craig Gordon is from Currie/Balerno... are you sure your mate got that right? Don’t remember McGregor kicking about when I lived there.

8 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

2 minutes ago, Bez said:

Craig Gordon is from Currie/Balerno... are you sure your mate got that right? Don’t remember McGregor kicking about when I lived there.

I think McGregor hails from the Chesser area.

1 minute ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

There will be a draw to both but financially we can’t compete and you can’t really blame him. However after whats come out recently you have to question the mentality of going there just now. We might be a bit of a mess on the pitch but the noises behind the scenes from players is good. Theyve just suspended two of theirs and theres obvious discontent in the squad

Greedy_Jambo
2 minutes ago, Bez said:

He actually said his family is from there, So maybe Mcgregor isn't. 

He knows his dad and someone else i know from Balerno has a son that went to school with Mcgregors sister. 

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Definitely don’t remember him in Balerno or Currie. I remember Neil Alexander and Craig Gordon though...

Greedy_Jambo
1 minute ago, Bez said:

Definitely don’t remember him in Balerno or Currie. I remember Neil Alexander and Craig Gordon though...

I've seen Gordon in Balerno. 

Apparently Mcgregors Dad drinks in Tanners. 

3 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

I've seen Gordon in Balerno. 

Apparently Mcgregors Dad drinks in Tanners. 

If McGregor does come from there, then that’s a pretty high concentration of international goalkeepers from the same area.

Greedy_Jambo
1 minute ago, Bez said:

If McGregor does come from there, then that’s a pretty high concentration of international goalkeepers from the same area.

I was told that Niemi comes from Juniper Green as well. 

He’s Finnish, it’s Iceland that’s in Juni Green.

1 minute ago, Bez said:

Never. He's only 45!!

10 minutes ago, Bez said:

8 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

As an aside, Jim Cruickshank lived in Cherry Tree Avenue, Balerno in the mid to late 70's so, as Bez says, that area is a veritable hotbed of international goalies :)

Just now, Morgan said:

As an aside, Jim Cruickshank lived in Cherry Tree Avenue, Balerno in the mid to late 70's so, as Bez says, that area is a veritable hotbed of international goalies :)

Pretty sure Gordon lived close to Cherry Tree actually. 

8 minutes ago, Bez said:

It's the Capital Meat Centre that's in Juniper Green, not Iceland.

Or is this just getting silly now? :lol:

Just now, Morgan said:

It's the Capital Meat Centre that's in Juniper Green, not Iceland.

Or is this just getting silly now? :lol:

The whole Finnish/finished thing stopped being funny ages ago. So it makes a wee change from that I suppose. Silly or not.

3 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Allan is from the broomhoose/sighthill area, I was at Forrester high with him.

Oh well, Broomhouse/Sighthill is sort of near Chesser :lol:

I was close!!

35 minutes ago, Gav M said:

I believe he went to Stenhouse primary school

2 hours ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

Spot on Dave.

Shame as I think he would have been a good fit with us but as you say let's move on and try and get someone else in.

Big Craig is not daft, early on in to his second spell as manager he sorted out the Hamilton problem.  Have no doubts he will do the same here.

Apart from Hamilton and a brief spell with MacDonald I’ve never really worried about keepers with hearts.  We always seem to sort it out. 

Its disappointing to lose McLaughlin, especially if what he’s saying about staying in Scotland is right and he moves to Celtic as we will be losing a keeper and a transfer target to the OF.  I just hope we don’t end up back with Gordon as he is finished.  Hope we get to remember him purely for his pre-Celtic days. 

1 hour ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

1 hour ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

He actually said his family is from there, So maybe Mcgregor isn't. 

He knows his dad and someone else i know from Balerno has a son that went to school with Mcgregors sister. 

1 hour ago, Bez said:

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

59 minutes ago, Bez said:

Pretty sure Gordon lived close to Cherry Tree actually. 

53 minutes ago, Gav M said:

So basically it appears the guy you spoke to was talking pish... or did you misunderstand him maybe Greedy?

Greedy_Jambo

The boy i spoke to is from currie. He says he know's mcgregors dad and that he drinks in tanners. He said Mcgregor was up (probably to see his dad) and he asked him if he would be coming back to scotland. 

Mcregor said that he  would come back to Rangers if they wanted him and if not, It would be Hearts. 

All the other stuff was from a guy that does have form for talking pish to be fair. So we should just ignore that. 

27 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

The boy i spoke to is from currie. He says he know's mcgregors dad and that he drinks in tanners. He said Mcgregor was up (probably to see his dad) and he asked him if he would be coming back to scotland. 

Mcregor said that he  would come back to Rangers if they wanted him and if not, It would be Hearts. 

All the other stuff was from a guy that does have form for talking pish to be fair. So we should just ignore that. 

Who has form for talking pish, and what comments on this thread do you think are incorrect?

Greedy_Jambo
6 minutes ago, Bez said:

Who has form for talking pish, and what comments on this thread do you think are incorrect?

The other guy i know that says his son went to school with mcregors daughter. Also said she got bullied a lot because of his dad being a Rangers player and that he's seen him with a hearts scarf on at a bus stop with loads of other hearts guys at a bus stop in balerno  lol

That's the guy that has form for talking pish. I work with him. 

The other guy i know that says his son went to school with mcregors daughter. Also said she got bullied a lot because of his dad being a Rangers player and that he's seen him with a hearts scarf on at a bus stop with loads of other hearts guys at a bus stop in balerno  lol

That's the guy that has form for talking pish. I work with him. 

Ah, okay. Cheers. 

1 hour ago, true-jambo said:

I believe he went to Stenhouse primary school

carricknowe primary I think. so may actually have been football rather than broomhouse.

2 hours ago, Bez said:

Touché :laugh: 

heartsfc_fan

Bit of an odd signing for Rangers? Unless they are going to bin Alnwick.

31 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Is McGregor even going to get a game for them?

New No1. Foderingham is away it seems  

Maroonblood22
3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Maybe McGregor watched our absolute shitebag performance on Sunday and changed his mind. 

Potential deal breaker of a game bud ?

i wish jj was my dad

Disappointed that he seems to be going back to that filth. I'd heard from a decent source he was coming to Hearts. Can't blame him for going for the bigger pay day but as much as I rate him as a keeper I dislike him intensely and this seems to confirm that he is a hun prick after all.

1 hour ago, Morph said:

Apart from Hamilton and a brief spell with MacDonald I’ve never really worried about keepers with hearts.  We always seem to sort it out. 

Its disappointing to lose McLaughlin, especially if what he’s saying about staying in Scotland is right and he moves to Celtic as we will be losing a keeper and a transfer target to the OF.  I just hope we don’t end up back with Gordon as he is finished.  Hope we get to remember him purely for his pre-Celtic days. 

Gordon finished?

3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Disappointed that he seems to be going back to that filth. I'd heard from a decent source he was coming to Hearts. Can't blame him for going for the bigger pay day but as much as I rate him as a keeper I dislike him intensely and this seems to confirm that he is a hun prick after all.

All about money - however it may well be something he'll regret.

1 hour ago, Morph said:

You obviously never lived through the Craig Nelson years

Shame to lose out on a target to Sevco, but TBH I can’t feel too bad about Hearts not signing McGregor. He is a scumbag. The contempt he showed when sitting on the bench for Scotland was unforgivable.

i wish jj was my dad
18 minutes ago, Deevers said:

All about money - however it may well be something he'll regret.

I certainly hope so.

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

Shame to lose out on a target to Sevco, but TBH I can’t feel too bad about Hearts not signing McGregor. He is a scumbag. The contempt he showed when sitting on the bench for Scotland was unforgivable.

Indeed.

Archived