Sick Kids Edinburgh-Parking

The Duke

Any tips for free on street parking at the sick kids?

Wee man going in for a few days soon, had a recce up there yesterday and it would be fair to say that parking is “limited”!

Harry Potter
15 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Wee man going in for a few days soon, had a recce up there yesterday and it would be fair to say that parking is “limited”!

Anytime that i was up there with my boys , few years back now it was mostly pay at the meter.

Im sure i parked once inside the hospital car park but that was pure luck , 

Looking between 2 pounds and 2.40 an hour. 2 zones arround that area.

Edited by Harry Potter

Nookie Bear

Is there not a way to get a discount on parking if you are visiting someone who is in for more than just a day?

Pretty certain this happens at the maternity wards. 

Edit: sorry, I thought they had moved to Little France but that’s been delayed. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

Carl Fredrickson

Also worth knowing is that the road outside the school closes when school is going in and coming out so you may need a diversion if you are driving to the hospital at these times. 

Good luck with the parking and hope all goes well with your son. 

AngleParkMenace

Free parking out the back. When my wee one was in intensive care that’s where we went. There is a queing system in place that’s mostly followed. One cheeky ****er once stole my space and took their kids over the road to the meadows. 

3 hours ago, The Duke said:

Think you will struggle for free parking. Mrs is a nurse there and parks a few minutes walk away on a street which costs a few quid for the whole day.

...a bit disco

Best bet is Rillbank Terrace (?) round the back.

You might have to wait for a space but it's worth it.

Find a private car park and bin any ticket. Doubtful to get one at the weekend anyway.

A few in scieness and even more in causewayside.

£2.40 per hour on Sciennes Road, free on Saturday & Sunday. 

Guess where we're going now :(

Edited by Col1874

Thanks for all the replies, few quid for the whole day sounds a winner.

Spare a thought for my wife, she's on a camp bed next to him for the duration of the stay!

My other son had a couple of nights in Ninewells once upon a time and she did it then as well, mercifully she's not suggested I take my turn (yet)!

If you're going to be there all say it might be better ditching the car and busing it in.

Wee tip if you are parking in the area is to download the ringo app, makes paying for your parking way much easier and you can extend your stay without having to go back to the car.

I work there periodically, & your only chance of a parking spot is get there before 8am, or be prepared to wait around until someone leaves. 

The on street parking is incredibly random. 

Best wishes to your family. 

• 6 months later...
Carl Fredrickson

Did a Google search for this today as I have to take my daughter in tomorrow. Third result on Google was this thread - which i had already posted on.....:jj_facepalm: