why did he not get another job ?

Heartbeat

was thinking about the managers vacancy (no seen it in the job centre though) and tried to picture the identikit person you would want and all the atributes this job needs. Now for the purposes of this exercise you need to try really hard and forget about Romaslob and his peculiar ways. I know its hard but you will rule out well....everybody if you dont.

I concluded we needed to get back to basics with a fiery person who has a team that want to play for him and build on a team spirit. I have gone through all the past managers and the attributes they had including the failings and found myself thinking about Alex MacDonald who probably pound for pound cos we had no money at that time achieved more than anybody. While I know he is maybe past considering now it was his qualities that intrigued me but then I moved on to the question of the thread cos to my knowledge he has not managed for donks. Did well with us then did great things with Airdrie then brussell sprout??? I think he does/did PR work at castle greyskull but keen to know if anybody has a clue why he was omitted or opted out of the managerial merry go round

Charlie-Brown

Alex MacDonald, Alex Totten, Alex Smith, John Lambie ..... several old school managers now mowing the lawn.

Jam Tarts 1874
was thinking about the managers vacancy (no seen it in the job centre though) and tried to picture the identikit person you would want and all the atributes this job needs. Now for the purposes of this exercise you need to try really hard and forget about Romaslob and his peculiar ways. I know its hard but you will rule out well....everybody if you dont.

I concluded we needed to get back to basics with a fiery person who has a team that want to play for him and build on a team spirit. I have gone through all the past managers and the attributes they had including the failings and found myself thinking about Alex MacDonald who probably pound for pound cos we had no money at that time achieved more than anybody. While I know he is maybe past considering now it was his qualities that intrigued me but then I moved on to the question of the thread cos to my knowledge he has not managed for donks. Did well with us then did great things with Airdrie then brussell sprout??? I think he does/did PR work at castle greyskull but keen to know if anybody has a clue why he was omitted or opted out of the managerial merry go round

Perhaps John Hughes is the closest thing around now to what MacDonald was as a manager. I'd have Yogi managing us, some others might disagree.

Alex MacDonald, Alex Totten, Alex Smith, John Lambie ..... several old school managers now mowing the lawn.

Yes I totally understand that now but He was someone who should have been in demand after his last job but somehow never got another gig and have always been interested to know why

Toxteth O'Grady

Bring back Doddie, a great manager of Hearts.

Pretty decent player in his time too, I remember he had Bekenbaur in his pocket in this game.

A classy goal by his sidekick Sandie Jardine and a nice bit of sitting on the ball by Willie Johnstone near the end.

Walter Kidd
Perhaps John Hughes is the closest thing around now to what MacDonald was as a manager. I'd have Yogi managing us, some others might disagree.

Why has this Hobo fud not been launched yet?:hobofish:

Guest juvehearts

some,SOME, every jambo would say GTF. he is gash

you sure youre not a :hobofish:

yogi hughes ffs............. :dribble:

Archived