Shite players. ( merged )

Bazzas right boot

Squad is a shambles. Absolute disgrace this has been allowed to happen. Clear out required, starting behind the scenes with the coaching staff and scouts.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tokyo Drifter
2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Mcginn & mcgeoch did Allen apart from his goal was missing a lot of the time. Hearts aren’t the only team that will have a major rebuild next year as that great midfield will move onto bigger things.

Yeah but it's no accident they've got that good midfield, and if/when it's broken up, they'll rebuild. If they get decent money for McGinn they'll be able to afford better. Face it: Lemon's just a better manager who's better able to get the best out his players.  

The Internet

It's not often I make sweeping generalizations but anyone who doesn't rate Adao simply does not have the first hint of a clue. 

2 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Yeah but it's no accident they've got that good midfield, and if/when it's broken up, they'll rebuild. If they get decent money for McGinn they'll be able to afford better. Face it: Lemon's just a better manager who's better able to get the best out his players.  

Whose been these great signings that Lennon has made?

7 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Mcginn & mcgeoch did Allen apart from his goal was missing a lot of the time. Hearts aren’t the only team that will have a major rebuild next year as that great midfield will move onto bigger things.

Agreed. Alan did his best to fall over and con the ref and then rubbed salt into the wound with a goal. Unfortunately I don't think there will be a major overhaul at the end of season. I don't believe we have the money and slumming in 6th isn't much of a pull. Some folks on here having a go at CLs defensive approach but Hearts weren't defensive tonight. They just aren't good enough where it matters. 

So Make Some Noise..

Soppy was rank rotten tonight, pity given the new Scotland manager was in the crowd. 

9 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

If you’d told me that one day Hearts would have a squad that included Berra, Lafferty & Naismith in it and we were languishing in 6th place I’d be genuinly stunned.

GOOD point

We need a box to box midfielder a Paul Hartley type player. Plus players who know what it's all about playing the teams we see as rivals. Hibs shouldn't be dominating the derby matches the way they are.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Yup, same old story. Some of the players in the squad are very limited. But that hasn't stopped us being decent before. Biggest thing for me, and the biggest difference between us and Hibs, they have a manager telling their players how good they are. For three years we've had a guy in the changing room telling our players how good the opposition are. 

8 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's not often I make sweeping generalizations but anyone who doesn't rate Adao simply does not have the first hint of a clue. 

I thought he was our best player tonight and had his best game.

Naismith put in potentially the worst derby performance I have seen in a long time...loves to talk but should concentrate on the basics like finding a man and not falling over your feet. Well done Adao, Souttar and Godinho. The rest take a long hard look in the mirror. Berra excused been outstanding all season.

1 hour ago, Bigkyle said:

Adao isn't the answer. Big let down 

Seriously? What game were you watching dude?

Walter Bishop

The biggest difference between both clubs is the manager imo. Lennon has the winning mentality, hes a guy you'd be scared to let down. 

he was one of our best players tonight!

if u think the way we are playing has got anything to do with Adao then keep drinking 

tolcross lad
1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Our bench tonight was depressing as ****. Folk saying cl never changed it, to what?

Randall is poor, very limited.

Danny looks poor.

The young lads aren't ready yet for games like that.

Naismith hasn't delivered, not value door money.

Literally, on that team tonight jon, Souttar, Berra, adao and Lafferty are the only ones that play some kind of football and are at the level we need.

I'm not convinced by milinkovic, think he looks better as he rest of the midfield has been shite.

Mcginn, Alan are a level above most of our team.

We need better players, too many very average players. Our balance is also shite, no left side and little pace.

Needs fixed.

The writing has been on the wall for a long time but many choose to ignore it.Recruitment strategy(forever changing),5 year plans,succession of coaches,playing Academy prospects,principles of play are all part of the master plan.Its a shambles.Anyone who thinks that a complete arrogant novice who could not not manage a Sunday league team should  be head coach of HMFC is totally incompetent.

We had 2 16 year olds on tonight.A right back playing left back.A right back who played in the 2nd Div just weeks ago.A 20 year old who has not played this year and was blowing out of his a** in the first half and a right back playing midfield for the first time.Its taken 4 years to get to this.Think about it .

I have 4 family members contributing to  FOH and we expect better than this

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
7 minutes ago, Locky said:

Naismith is really surprising me and not in a good way. This is a guy who only a couple of years ago, Everton fans were sad to see go.

But, bar his debut against Hibs, I can barely say I’ve seen him have a good game to the point he’s stood out. As for tonight, he couldn’t play a pass and his touch was horrendous.

My concerns are we don't help our attacking players get decent chances. For instance Lafferty is a world class finisher. Our play should be getting a ball to his feet in the box. Unfortunately it's gone from punting it forward from Berra to  launching balls into the box from wide areas, not because we've got a plan but because we have no other ideas what to do. Levein is old school. Just like Jim Jefferies before him both different styles but both who are unwilling to adapt. They both are one-dimensional and that's there downfall.

Look at our squad, it's better than 6th. Steve Clarke's Killie can attest to that. There best attacker is fat and can't run, there best defender microwaved an egg and disfigured his own face. Levein is awash with talent and professional players compared Clarke. You know it and I do too. :(

The Internet
8 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I thought he was our best player tonight and had his best game.

And he didn't even get booked :lol:

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

And he didn't even get booked :lol:

I’ve not been overly impressed with him before tonight, but he seemed to relish the physicality and was easily our best player. 

14 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Yup, same old story. Some of the players in the squad are very limited. But that hasn't stopped us being decent before. Biggest thing for me, and the biggest difference between us and Hibs, they have a manager telling their players how good they are. For three years we've had a guy in the changing room telling our players how good the opposition are. 

Yip, that a very good point

3fingersreid
24 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Must've been a different game we've watched  , each to their own , but I thought he was our best player tonight 

19 minutes ago, JI TEES said:

Naismith put in potentially the worst derby performance I have seen in a long time...loves to talk but should concentrate on the basics like finding a man and not falling over your feet. Well done Adao, Souttar and Godinho. The rest take a long hard look in the mirror. Berra excused been outstanding all season.

Me and a few others discussed this on here at HT and quite a few thought he was Hearts best player 1st half. As for the second half - the whole team - with one or two notable exceptions - was a car crash. Naismith cannot do it alone and he had no attacking support from midfield tonight. I thought he battled as best he could but in the end probably got  a dose of the ****its.  And I don't blame him. 

Thunderstruck
39 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

BRING BACK ROMANOV 

Not really. But C'mon. We are shite. 

Admit it. Stop being naive. 

Bring back his catalogue of players if there is another Rudi, a Fyssas, a Jankauskas, a Brellier, an Aguiar or a Bednar in it.

I think we need to remember that thanks to Vlad we had quality players in numbers at Tynecastle. 

1 minute ago, Thunderstruck said:

Bring back his catalogue of players if there is another Rudi, a Fyssas, a Jankauskas, a Brellier, an Aguiar or a Bednar in it.

I think we need to remember that thanks to Vlad we had quality players in numbers at Tynecastle. 

Let's not forget that for every Rudi there was 5 Obuas though. 

Greedy_Jambo

Naismith can get lost. 

We needed him tonight. He was pants. Pant's that needed a good wash. 

1 hour ago, cmonthegorgie said:

I thought he was decent tonight.  Don't know if he is the answer or not but I tonight he was decent in my opinion.

It was made clear Adao was signed as a holding midfielder. I think he has shown all the attributes to play that role well. He covers the ground, is hard in the tackle (although fouls a little too much) and keeps possession. So for me he is the answer to the holding midfield role. Now all we need is the answer to left back, creative midfield, attacking midfield, left wing, right wing and second striker. 

4 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Yeah, administration was great.

The Old Tolbooth

Did you actually watch the game? 

2 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Naismith can get lost. 

We needed him tonight. He was pants. Pant's that needed a good wash. 

Agreed he was signed to bring quality, creativity and goals to push us further up the league and on in the cup.

Has not worked unfortunately. I don’t have a problem with the gamble though. What I have a problem with is roughly only 10% of our signings work out.

Take Hibs, they bring in in McLaren and Alan in January window and both make a massive impact. 

We we just can’t catch a break with a signing at the moment. 

iwasthere1954
31 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

The writing has been on the wall for a long time but many choose to ignore it.Recruitment strategy(forever changing),5 year plans,succession of coaches,playing Academy prospects,principles of play are all part of the master plan.Its a shambles.Anyone who thinks that a complete arrogant novice who could not not manage a Sunday league team should  be head coach of HMFC is totally incompetent.

We had 2 16 year olds on tonight.A right back playing left back.A right back who played in the 2nd Div just weeks ago.A 20 year old who has not played this year and was blowing out of his a** in the first half and a right back playing midfield for the first time.Its taken 4 years to get to this.Think about it .

Like 8,000 others I also contribute to FOH. Losing tonight is nothing to do with that. Why after a good post do you say that.

1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

Agreed he was signed to bring quality, creativity and goals to push us further up the league and on in the cup.

Has not worked unfortunately. I don’t have a problem with the gamble though. What I have a problem with is roughly only 10% of our signings work out.

Take Hibs, they bring in in McLaren and Alan in January window and both make a massive impact. 

We we just can’t catch a break with a signing at the moment. 

But McLaren and Alan came into an already confident and relatively successful team and have arguably made their team better. We are constantly bringing in players mainly as a short term punt while totally ignoring the major weaknesses in the team at left back, midfield playmaker and srtiker.

Thunderstruck
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Let's not forget that for every Rudi there was 5 Obuas though. 

And that goes to prove the point that some signings work while others won’t. However, the good outweighed the bad throughout Vlad’s reign.

Even this year, is anyone seriously suggesting that Berra, McLaughlin, Smith, Hughes, Milinkovic, Mitchell, Adao, Naismith and Godinho are poor signings.

Some are in the doubtful category - such as Callaghan - some good games, some poor games and a blunder. 

Others didn’t work out - Stockton or Grzelak for example. 

For goodness sake, some of the same posters who are giving Randall pelters for a couple of below-par performances on the wrong wing are the same posters that were telling us that his “name should be first on the team sheet” after a string of solid performances at right back. 

Thunderstruck
18 minutes ago, casper said:

Yeah, administration was great.

Actually, it was - it was the only feasible way out of decades of slow decline. Vlad only delayed it and didn’t leave us in a much worse place than when he took over from the pie-man. Luckily, he kept us going long enough to put us in the position where we are now on the way to Fan Ownership at a newly upgraded Tynecastle. 

Arthur Morgan

It's the midfield that's the problem, sort that out and we'll be in a much better position to progress. I would keep Adao, give Djoum one more chance and obviously keep the young lads but maybe relegate them to the under 20's.

8 hours ago, tolcross lad said:

Spot on !

8 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Actually, it was - it was the only feasible way out of decades of slow decline. Vlad only delayed it and didn’t leave us in a much worse place than when he took over from the pie-man. Luckily, he kept us going long enough to put us in the position where we are now on the way to Fan Ownership at a newly upgraded Tynecastle. 

If it was that good we should just do it again then. The only luck was we weren't liquidated.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, JamboFulton said:

You're Craig Levein aren’t you? Can’t think why else someone would want to make a scapegoat of the players that Hearts supporters know aren’t world beaters. 

Scapegoat?

Half the team isn't good ( or ready)enough.

If we continue to play 16 year olds we will get no where near the top 4 next season.

MacDonald, Cochrane have potential but they simply aren't in the same league as players like mcginn, mcgeaogh , Barkley, Boyle, the other guy.

Same goes for godihno and Brandon, Moore etc.

Simple fact. Cowie, Ross prince are also no where near their ability and shouldn't be in our best 11.

We also have a poor balance still of pace, creativity, drive and the left side.

Craig has improved us over Cathro by using 16 year and some of the above players despite Cathro having a bigger squad, some of the above and a Greek international along with walker.

Our left back curse again has left us weaker in defence and attack than we planned to be.

Only about half the squad should be near the first team with the youngsters making cameos or out on loan at the championship getting first team experience.

Young players need to be introduced in a positive environment, not be required to keep us going.

If we don't change the players we won't go forward.

We don't even have an attacker on the bench( Stockton was useless)

The January window isn't enough to turn over Cathro's mess and we've been unlucky with injuries.

Mitchell, Djoum (,and cowie?) and milinkovic would have improved us massively yesterday. 

Massive clear out in the summer required, but we've known this all season and we got rid of some deadwood in January so it has already began.

We literally need about ten / twelve players in the summer window

That is staggering but consistent with the horrific mismanagement of the first team since 07/16

If Budge is as savvy / financially astute as made out , why is she overseeing this?

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

And that goes to prove the point that some signings work while others won’t. However, the good outweighed the bad throughout Vlad’s reign.

Even this year, is anyone seriously suggesting that Berra, McLaughlin, Smith, Hughes, Milinkovic, Mitchell, Adao, Naismith and Godinho are poor signings.

Some are in the doubtful category - such as Callaghan - some good games, some poor games and a blunder. 

Others didn’t work out - Stockton or Grzelak for example. 

For goodness sake, some of the same posters who are giving Randall pelters for a couple of below-par performances on the wrong wing are the same posters that were telling us that his “name should be first on the team sheet” after a string of solid performances at right back. 

Th good signings you mention are good ( bit early to judge godihno) players at this level, However the lack of pace is chronic.

Cathro's philosophy left us terribly unbalanced and lacking in pace and width, the time it taken to replace him meant we missed the summer window, January we tried but any positive actions have been cancelled by our injuries so we've seen little benefit.

Randall is a good example, he's hard-working, solid but very limited.

He's no where near the standard we require, giving he's on loan from Liverpool he's actually a poor player yet folk rate him on here.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Nail on head -but unintentionally.

We have too many limited players and in the past we beat Hibs because they also were filled with average or worse players.

News flash, Thier entire midfield is a level above what we had out yesterday and is balanced and they have experienced full backs.

We worked very hard, but Alan's goal summed up the difference- a little bit quality from midfield.

If we finish 5th or 6th, technically that's bang on average. We've been there many times like you said before, the difference is that hibs are 4th instead of 7th or 8th.

We need better players .( And more balance)

10 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Could be an issue.

Hopefully the purse strings are opened, we need major surgery.

The good thing is, some of the dross has already been emptied.

Wouldn't be to sure re the purse strings . I can see CL using the scatter gun approach with the youngsters even more next year . 

If you compare everyone of them to where Calum Paterson was they are well behind. 

Im all for giving youth a chance but these kids , including Harry are miles away at the moment . 

CL is deluded if he thinks these lads are the answer or even will be the answer in the near future I'm afraid . One might shine through but he is trying to pull a rabbit out the hat every single game . 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, ramrod said:

Wouldn't be to sure re the purse strings . I can see CL using the scatter gun approach with the youngsters even more next year . 

If you compare everyone of them to where Calum Paterson was they are well behind. 

Im all for giving youth a chance but these kids , including Harry are miles away at the moment . 

CL is deluded if he thinks these lads are the answer or even will be the answer in the near future I'm afraid . One might shine through but he is trying to pull a rabbit out the hat every single game . 

Hopefully it's just lack of options that's forcing us to use the younsters ATM and we see a big difference.

If not we won't improve enough.

I'd like to think milinkovic, Cowie and Djoum would have started if fit along with Mitchell.

7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I’d have thought playing who we regard as ready and the strongest lads in a solid, cohesive unit with good experience around them, would’ve been more productive.

Theres been no rhyme or reason to it.

Its not his fault but Godhino was plonked in from nowhere and expected to be up to speed in two of the most important games to date in the last week.

Randall seemed to have been suddenly ousted a few matches ago and his confidence has suffered. He was settling reasonably well at the time. 

Moore is in and out. Same with others. But around that there’s no consistency of selection to minimise disruption or flow to the team. 

3 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Hopefully it's just lack of options that's forcing us to use the younsters ATM and we see a big difference.

If not we won't improve enough.

I'd like to think milinkovic, Cowie and Djoum would have started if fit along with Mitchell.

We will know a lot more when the window opens  but I'm setting the bar low and expect him to go down the youngsters route even more to justify the academy . 

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’d have thought playing who we regard as ready and the strongest lads in a solid, cohesive unit with good experience around them, would’ve been more productive.

Theres been no rhyme or reason to it.

Its not his fault but Godhino was plonked in from nowhere and expected to be up to speed in two of the most important games to date in the last week.

Randall seemed to have been suddenly ousted a few matches ago and his confidence has suffered. He was settling reasonably well at the time. 

Moore is in and out. Same with others. But around that there’s no consistency of selection to minimise disruption or flow to the team. 

True 

It looks like he is randomly selecting youngsters and throwing them in  to somehow justify the academy . 

There is no pattern of selection, he will no doubt hide behind the injury problem , but we all know he has continued with this policy when we have been injury free , baffling 

Fozzyonthefence

Our midfield is horrific and that’s where Hibs are strongest and it’s not surprising that recently they always dominate us at ER, although they never seem to perform at Tynie.

We have another huge rebuild to do in the summer. That said I defy anyone on here to disagree that 6 of our players would walk into their team - McLaughlin, Berra, Soutar, Mitchell, Naismith, Lafferty. The problem is at least 3 won’t be 

here next season.

34 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Th good signings you mention are good ( bit early to judge godihno) players at this level, However the lack of pace is chronic.

Cathro's philosophy left us terribly unbalanced and lacking in pace and width, the time it taken to replace him meant we missed the summer window, January we tried but any positive actions have been cancelled by our injuries so we've seen little benefit.

Randall is a good example, he's hard-working, solid but very limited.

He's no where near the standard we require, giving he's on loan from Liverpool he's actually a poor player yet folk rate him on here.

Someone else has already said if he's not playing RB he shouldn't be playing

Levein is an embarrassment, scary part is there's fans who want him to stay and hurt this club even further.

Archived