How much money does Vlad actually have?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Only a Game

Dunno if that refers to his actual personal wealth on paper right now, or if he'd be significantly richer than that if he cashed in all his assets.

The ?40 million debt is not his personal debt dont forget. Its tied up in companies owned by him whos assets and holdings are far greater than ?160m.

Ryan Gosling
According to this report in a Lithuanian magazine, Vlad's fortune was stated to be "over ?160m". Does anybody know for sure? ?160m doesn't seem like that much for a company ?40m in debt.

http://www.balticbusinessnews.com/Default2.aspx?ArticleID=fcc9b182-de9c-45ac-90d0-dab95d1dee8a

As I recall his personal wealth is around ?200m, but his companies and assets amount to around ?1bn.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
As I recall his personal wealth is around ?200m, but his companies and assets amount to around ?1bn.

?1bn, eh? Wow, that is a lot of cash. Imagine being that rich but also that much of a bell-end.

Geoff Kilpatrick

No one really knows, because no one knows what value UBIG has.

Ryan Gosling
?1bn, eh? Wow, that is a lot of cash. Imagine being that rich but also that much of a bell-end.

I imagine if I had that much money I wouldn't care what people thought of me.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
I imagine if I had that much money I wouldn't care what people thought of me.

Fair point

?200m was the figure that i'd last heard... Wasnt sure if this was personal of business.

The thing is though... No one actually knows how much vlad is worth. He has his fingers in allot of pies. His wife even mentioned the black bags that he used to bring home.

I personally think he is worth more that the media are saying due to the above

Charlie-Brown

If you are talking about personal wealth then it would be the percentage share of the combined value of all the companies and properties he has a stake in.

If you knew what companies were in the UBIG Group then you could make a stab at valueing them based on reported P&L Accounts and Assets / Debts on their Balance sheets......we know of HMFC & UKIO Bankas & Bosnian Aluminium producer are part of UBIG, we also know that they own or have agreement to buy property at Tynecastle, St Andrew Square, Kaunas, Vilnius, Minsk.....and the UBIG Website lists some other companies and properties / mining interests that they hold - you could check what if any public accounts or valuations exist for these.........

What we don't know is Romanov's non-UBIG related interests or wealth and companies (if any) which aren't part of that group as I'm sure I have read previously that Romanov also has textile businesses (this may be part of the original source of his wealth) prior to Banking or Property interests ...... he might also have some share of local businesses in Kaunas.......

So the combined value of all those x Romanov family % held = Romanov wealth ..... and how much of this ownership is in other family members names ? Does Vladimir Romanov own the majority or minority in his own name? ..... and Asset wealth and cash are 2 distinctly different things as well as asset rich doesn't necessarily equal cash rich.

What we can say is that Romanov does appear to have control or influence over a quite a significant amount of means of wealth production in Lithuania, Bosnia & UK at least.

The original question was 'how much money does Vlad have' Does it really matter?

If this guy was rich would he allow the overdraft to keep increasing? would he be selling players to keep the wage bill down? why is he not replacing them with better players? why does he not want to see his toy being a success? There are probably hundreds more questions to ask.

He bought into Hearts to promote players from his own stable and sell them on for a profit. He doesnt need a manager as long as he gets them on the park to show them off and it doesn't matter if we are in the top three or fighting relegation.

I have never believed he was a rich man in his own right but is possibly a front man of some sort.

In that case he is still a lying, cheating, money laundering, ****bag who has made our club, and us, a laughing stock throughout football yet some on here are happy to be sitting in Tynecastle being sniggered at.

If you are talking about personal wealth then it would be the percentage share of the combined value of all the companies and properties he has a stake in.

If you knew what companies were in the UBIG Group then you could make a stab at valueing them based on reported P&L Accounts and Assets / Debts on their Balance sheets......we know of HMFC & UKIO Bankas & Bosnian Aluminium producer are part of UBIG, we also know that they own or have agreement to buy property at Tynecastle, St Andrew Square, Kaunas, Vilnius, Minsk.....and the UBIG Website lists some other companies and properties / mining interests that they hold - you could check what if any public accounts or valuations exist for these.........

What we don't know is Romanov's non-UBIG related interests or wealth and companies (if any) which aren't part of that group as I'm sure I have read previously that Romanov also has textile businesses (this may be part of the original source of his wealth) prior to Banking or Property interests ...... he might also have some share of local businesses in Kaunas.......

So the combined value of all those x Romanov family % held = Romanov wealth ..... and how much of this ownership is in other family members names ? Does Vladimir Romanov own the majority or minority in his own name? ..... and Asset wealth and cash are 2 distinctly different things as well as asset rich doesn't necessarily equal cash rich.

What we can say is that Romanov does appear to have control or influence over a quite a significant amount of means of wealth production in Lithuania, Bosnia & UK at least.

It is perfectly possible that all the value in those enterprises is tied up in debt rather than equity - and Romanov is actually 'worth' nothing. That is the situation at Hearts where all the value is in the debt and not the equity. It is possible that is the same for the other UBIG companies. And conveniently the only figures ever given by UBIG are 'assets controlled' and 'sales'. No profits or asset structure.

Perhaps Vlad has just been running big private equity style debt fuelled Soviet plants. And maybe given how much debt they might have he's not worth anything ...:P

Charlie-Brown
It is perfectly possible that all the value in those enterprises is tied up in debt rather than equity - and Romanov is actually 'worth' nothing. That is the situation at Hearts where all the value is in the debt and not the equity. It is possible that is the same for the other UBIG companies. And conveniently the only figures ever given by UBIG are 'assets controlled' and 'sales'. No profits or asset structure.

Perhaps Vlad has just been running big private equity style debt fuelled Soviet plants. And maybe given how much debt they might have he's not worth anything ...:P

Well even a negative or zero value is still a value........he still seems to control a lot of wealth though and can decide how big sums of money are spent or not spent etc.

Well even a negative or zero value is still a value........he still seems to control a lot of wealth though and can decide how big sums of money are spent or not spent etc.

There have been plenty of people playing with money while credit was available. Maybe less easy now that credit is less available ...

Jam Tarts 1874
The original question was 'how much money does Vlad have' Does it really matter?

If this guy was rich would he allow the overdraft to keep increasing? would he be selling players to keep the wage bill down? why is he not replacing them with better players? why does he not want to see his toy being a success? There are probably hundreds more questions to ask.

He bought into Hearts to promote players from his own stable and sell them on for a profit. He doesnt need a manager as long as he gets them on the park to show them off and it doesn't matter if we are in the top three or fighting relegation.

I have never believed he was a rich man in his own right but is possibly a front man of some sort.

In that case he is still a lying, cheating, money laundering, ****bag who has made our club, and us, a laughing stock throughout football yet some on here are happy to be sitting in Tynecastle being sniggered at.

I am sniggering at you. What a pile of garbage! You clearly have no idea of how to run a business or know anything about how commerce works, back to school for you.

Charlie-Brown
There have been plenty of people playing with money while credit was available. Maybe less easy now that credit is less available ...

Well you would assume that people who own & operate banking & finance companies will have a fairly good idea of what credit is available / unavailable?

Well you would assume that people who own & operate banking & finance companies will have a fairly good idea of what credit is available / unavailable?

Maybe but there have been plenty of banks go bust in the past ... it is not so long since one in Newcastle did.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Maybe but there have been plenty of banks go bust in the past ... it is not so long since one in Newcastle did.

Ah, but that was Robert Peston of the BBC's fault.

Pants Shaton

Imagine:

donald-trump-picture-1.jpg

bono_brown300.jpg

alan-sugar-entrepreneur.jpg

9%20Bannatyne.jpg

According to this report in a Lithuanian magazine, Vlad's fortune was stated to be "over ?160m". Does anybody know for sure? ?160m doesn't seem like that much for a company ?40m in debt.

http://www.balticbusinessnews.com/Default2.aspx?ArticleID=fcc9b182-de9c-45ac-90d0-dab95d1dee8a

it wont matter how much he has i dont think he will be spending it on hmfc.

it wont matter how much he has i dont think he will be spending it on hmfc.

12k per week on Pinilla, thats a good start.:)

I think Vlad may well be very asset rich but i think in terms of liquid assets i.e cash floating about i think he is very limited.

I dont believe he has any intention on selling businesses to free up cash for this little adventure when our debt is increasing thats why i see the selling of players and the reducing of wage bills.

He tapped me for a score on Saturday on Lothian Road so he can't be that rich ;)

Think it was to buy some guy, Ranieri? A glass of champers in the Balmoral.

Could no longer care if he has 400 billion quid.... he's still making a right pigs ear of running Hearts.

I've gone from disliking Romanov to thinking that he's just a stupid old man.

shaun.lawson

Inconsequential as it might be, Hearts under Robinson took an average of 36 days to pay our creditors in 2004, 47 days in 2005. By 2007, this had risen to 82 days: indicative, in all probability, of cashflow issues.

maroonlegions
I dunno but he asked me for 20p for the bus the other day.

did he , wait until i see him because he got ?1.10 off me for a single bus fare , he was on his way to Greggs for some stake bakes for Nade.:eek:

Inconsequential as it might be, Hearts under Robinson took an average of 36 days to pay our creditors in 2004, 47 days in 2005. By 2007, this had risen to 82 days: indicative, in all probability, of cashflow issues.

There have been signs of cash flow problems at Hearts for at least a year and a half. I have posted a number of times on this subject.

My concern is about potential cash flow problems at UBIG - Hearts are at the mercy of UBIG and we simply don't know about their finances.

The documentary about Romanov that was aired a couple of years ago planted a seed of doubt in my mind. (but I chose to ignore it)

When it showed Romanov and his missus in their (average) flat, eating dinner whilst watching the footie on a portable TV in his kitchen I turned and looked at my mate and said "that doesnae look right".... but we both chose to ignore it and agreed that it was "part of his cover".

I also laughed (cringed) when it cut to Romanov and his mate watching Hearts. His mate looked pretty uncomforatable and confused as he probably had nae idea he was going to watch a shan game of Scottish footie in his local deli whilst being filmed by a TV crew!

All said and done I'm still hoping that come the beginning of the season he rolls up with Mourinhio ;)

Vlad needs a lesson in putting his money where his mouth is and take a look at Abramovich at Chelsea, sure, he's got rid of decent managers in the past but he always seems to find a way of being in the top 3 of the Premiership. Hearts are possibly the only club that can break the boring duopoly of the last 23 years and it's about time he got his finger out and realised this. Wasn't he the one that opened his gob about playing in the Champions League on a regular basis? Aye! Right then Vlad!

Vlad needs a lesson in putting his money where his mouth is and take a look at Abramovich at Chelsea, sure, he's got rid of decent managers in the past but he always seems to find a way of being in the top 3 of the Premiership. Hearts are possibly the only club that can break the boring duopoly of the last 23 years and it's about time he got his finger out and realised this. Wasn't he the one that opened his gob about playing in the Champions League on a regular basis? Aye! Right then Vlad!

There's been plenty of cash splashed about. Regardless of whether its Hearts,Romanov's, UBIG, UKIO's, yours or mine..... he's still got nae idea as to how to run this club.

IMO he's gone to far.... and not done enough to attempt to recover this situation.

If this guy was rich would he allow the overdraft to keep increasing?

I work for a private bank and deal with high net worth clients on a daily basis. When it comes to mortgages or overdrafts, it is very often the wealthiest of clients who have the highest overdrafts and other debts. They are also the most problematic clients as they like things done their own way (sounds familiar)

It's just the way they run their finances for some of them mate.

LarrysRightFoot

According to Decembers issue of FourFourTwo Vlads personal wealth is ?260million and he is the 33rd richest man in British Football.

According to the Hearts website his UBIG management company has total assests worth ?376 million.

According to Decembers issue of FourFourTwo Vlads personal wealth is ?260million and he is the 33rd richest man in British Football.

According to the Hearts website his UBIG management company has total assests worth ?376 million.

Don't know where the estimates of personal wealth come from. There used to be one kicking around which was in the region of ?700m or so. Who knows.

With regard to the 2nd point, the size of assets is one thing - if it is funded by ?377m worth of debt it might not be in very good shape.

No matter the subject of a thread some people use it as an opportunity to ridicule those of us who have chosen to support our team next season.

I have renewed three season tickets on behalf of my sons and myself, and I resent the opprobrium this attracts from some posters.

It's my choice and my business.

Apologies for straying off the topic.

No matter the subject of a thread some people use it as an opportunity to ridicule those of us who have chosen to support our team next season.

I have renewed three season tickets on behalf of my sons and myself, and I resent the opprobrium this attracts from some posters.

It's my choice and my business.

Apologies for straying off the topic.

I agree with you on this point.

I think that the running of the club under VR is mostly crazy and if it continues in the same way will be catastrophic, I have lost my affiliation with the management 'regime' and most of the players.

But I don't think that criticising people for attending is right. For one thing I doubt that VR gives a monkeys how many people turn up to games. And second going to the games is still good fun, even when the team is mince.

Charlie-Brown

I think the simple answer to this question is 'more than most people reading this forum!' :laugh:

I think the simple answer to this question is 'more than most people reading this forum!' :laugh:

Perhaps VR is mortgaged up on everything he 'owns'. Perhaps he has no money. Who knows.

In any case aren't the people reading this forum worth more than all the oil and gas in Russia?

In any case aren't the people reading this forum worth more than all the oil and gas in Russia?

That's what he said. And with the current oil price, I should be worth millions. Vlad's lied to us again! ;)

Charlie-Brown
Perhaps VR is mortgaged up on everything he 'owns'. Perhaps he has no money. Who knows.

Only the ones that support HEARTS ;) but on JKB these days our enemies live among us and they are everywhere 'polluting' this forum with their :hobofish: nonsense. :(

Only the ones that support HEARTS ;) but on JKB these days our enemies live among us and they are everywhere 'polluting' this forum with their :hobofish: nonsense. :(

:)

Mr Quagmire

Coco the Hobo speaks again. :rolleyes:

Seymour M Hersh
i support hearts football club and always will but i don't support romanov and never will

Never say never!

haha got vlad down to a tee lyk BELLEND

I am sure the tax man does not know all is financial affairs!!!!!

I just want him to get it right at JTs.

I really do not understand why he is at Hearts.

He is not a daft businessman making all that money.

I am sure something must happen or it must just be??????

Archived