Train to Motherwell

Daz_1874_HMFC

55 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Direct trains to Motherwell now confirmed as cancelled on National Rail Site.

Anyone travelling by train will have to travel via Glasgow.

Direct trains were under a tenner now it will cost seventeen quid for a two hour journey.

The conductors won’t be bothered if you have a direct train ticket, that’s if you see one as trains will be busy 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gorgie_Rules

Trains from Glasgow Central to Motherwell are every 10, 15 minutes and only 2 of the cancelled all morning so should be fine

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Can you not still by a ticket to Motherwell and then take the round about route due to the cancellation?

Not sure about that I was just going by the prices quoted on the website.

I didn't realise that there was cancellations on the GC to Motherwell line as well.

Going to be watching on TV at this rate.

I'll probably get pelters for this but is it not irresponsible of football clubs causing further problems on an already overstretched transport system by encouraging people to travel at this time.

9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Not sure about that I was just going by the prices quoted on the website.

I didn't realise that there was cancellations on the GC to Motherwell line as well.

Going to be watching on TV at this rate.

I'll probably get pelters for this but is it not irresponsible of football clubs causing further problems on an already overstretched transport system by encouraging people to travel at this time.

No because the game was arranged weeks ago and the clubs haven't encouraged anyone to travel via any method.

23 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Trains from Glasgow Central to Motherwell are every 10, 15 minutes and only 2 of the cancelled all morning so should be fine

At the moment and all day today nearly all trains from Glasgow Central to Motherwell are cancelled. As above just the one route okay that is trains to Shieldmuir one per hour. 

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/ldbboard/dep/GLC/MTH/To

Got my train ticket last Saturday.

Least it will be refunded.

Looks like the car for me now.

No pre match drink though.

?

Any buses to the game ?

Is it best to get to get a train into Queen street then another one to Motherwell if the direct one has been cancelled?

John Findlay

A word of advice with regards trains. If you want the right upto date information on the running of services then use the train companies own website. In this case CrossCountry and Scotrail. DO NOT USE TRAINLINE OR NATIONAL RAIL ENQUIRIES AS THEY ARE AS NOT UPTO DATE AS THE INDIVIDUAL TRAIN COMPANY'S ON WEBSITE.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

A word of advice with regards trains. If you want the right upto date information on the running of services then use the train companies own website. In this case CrossCountry and Scotrail. DO NOT USE TRAINLINE OR NATIONAL RAIL ENQUIRIES AS THEY ARE AS NOT UPTO DATE AS THE INDIVIDUAL TRAIN COMPANY'S ON WEBSITE.

John.

Are the direct trains to Motherwell likely to be on ?

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, jake said:

John.

Are the direct trains to Motherwell likely to be on ?

My answer to that woulday be. At present work on the assumption they are not from Edinburgh. The caveat being check both CrossCountry and Scotrail websites an hour  before setting off tomorrow.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

At the moment and all day today nearly all trains from Glasgow Central to Motherwell are cancelled. As above just the one route okay that is trains to Shieldmuir one per hour. 

Is it not the case that they have reduced the number of services on that line, and they have cancelled all the trains that were originally due to go no further than Motherwell. But the trains scheduled to go the one further stop to Shieldmuir are still running, and will continue to stop at Motherwell as well, as both stations are on the same route (so it will be one service about every 30 minutes stopping at Motherwell, then continuing to Shieldmuir rather than having two going to Motherwell about every 15 minutes, with every 2nd one going on to Shieldmuir. Might be something to do with limitations on stock available if some of it is already stuck out on routes that are still well and truly goosed rather than an actual problem with this specific route.

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, AlimShoot said:

Is it best to get to get a train into Queen street then another one to Motherwell if the direct one has been cancelled?

Yes but you need to walk from Queen street down to Central station as the train for Motherwell leaves from there.

Bout a 10/15 minutes brisk walk

11 minutes ago, Chaps said:

The Edinburgh to Glasgow via Carstairs route is being worked, while work will be carried out on the Glasgow Central/Motherwell/Lanark service overnight. Both are expected to run on Sunday.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/train-update-football-fans-can-expect-disruption-on-sunday-1-4700171

south morocco

The old football specials were a great idea, easy to police, and always sell out giving the train companies a decent return. Shame they aren't considered these days

17 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Yes but you need to walk from Queen street down to Central station as the train for Motherwell leaves from there.

You could walk that in 5 mins 

20 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

With a Zimmer frame Chester :lol:

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Anyone know any decent pubs for watching football in Glasgow?

Drop bar beside Central is class, got about 15 TV's.

25 minutes ago, Ski Nae said:

The Edinburgh to Glasgow via Carstairs route is being worked, while work will be carried out on the Glasgow Central/Motherwell/Lanark service overnight. Both are expected to run on Sunday.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/train-update-football-fans-can-expect-disruption-on-sunday-1-4700171

I live right next to the Carstairs/Lanark to Glasgow line and theres been nothing  since wednesday

3 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

I live right next to the Carstairs/Lanark to Glasgow line and theres been nothing  since wednesday

Oh...

The Evening News report has a bit of scatter-gun-of-information feel about it.

Fingers crossed we all get there.

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

The article is saying they are working on it overnight.

I hope it's open as i can get a train from Anniesland to Arbles. Would make my life easy tomorrow. 

chester copperpot
45 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

With a Zimmer frame Chester :lol:

I like to walk slowly and take in the beautiful sights of Glasgow ???

Update on the Scotrail website says the railway network is back open with an almost normal service resumed with only some alterations in preparation for Monday.

Hopefully by the time we wake up tomorrow all panic will be over. :)

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

cheers

25 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Update on the Scotrail website says the railway network is back open with an almost normal service resumed with only some alterations in preparation for Monday.

Hopefully by the time we wake up tomorrow all panic will be over. :)

1 hour ago, Ski Nae said:

Cross Country updated statement at 20.58pm says no trains west or north of Edinburgh in Sunday. Suggests will be no Edinburgh to Motherwell trains. 

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/185331.aspx

The glasgow central to shieldhall service has been running all day the station before shieldhall is motherwell and they have been calling there all day

Keith Talent
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cross Country updated statement at 20.58pm says no trains west or north of Edinburgh in Sunday. Suggests will be no Edinburgh to Motherwell trains. 

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/185331.aspx

Trains now looking much more positive -ScotRail saying they expect the network to run largely as normal tomorrow. Will mean folk need to go via Glasgow Q St & then Central to Motherwell/ Airbles as looks like there will still be no Crosscountry direct trains from Edinburgh.

7 hours ago, Keith Talent said:

Trains now looking much more positive -ScotRail saying they expect the network to run largely as normal tomorrow. Will mean folk need to go via Glasgow Q St & then Central to Motherwell/ Airbles as looks like there will still be no Crosscountry direct trains from Edinburgh.

The first early morning trains from Glasgow Central to Motherwell are running. None of these were on yesterday.

This includes Airbles the station nearer the ground. 

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The first early morning trains from Glasgow Central to Motherwell are running. None of these were on yesterday.

This includes Airbles the station nearer the ground. 

That's good news.

I'm going to have time for porridge AND a fry up!

Deans Jambo
9 minutes ago, Chaps said:

So which train is best to get from Glasgow Centre? Motherwell or Airbles?

On the same line. 

August Landmesser
13 minutes ago, Chaps said:

So which train is best to get from Glasgow Centre? Motherwell or Airbles?

Airbles is the stop before Motherwell. All trains from Central to Motherwell will stop at both, Airbles is closer to FirPark

Just now, August Landmesser said:

Airbles is the stop before Motherwell. All trains from Central to Motherwell will stop at both, Airbles is closer to FirPark

Cheers :thumbsup: Airbles it is...hopefully.

August Landmesser
Just now, Chaps said:

No worries. I hope its worth it, although after all this planning of epic journeys I'm fully expecting to attend the worst 0-0 game I've ever seen, and then to sprain my ankle running for a train...

7 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

5 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Not all trains to Motherwell stop at Airbles.

In fact most don't 

This is live schedule 

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not all trains to Motherwell stop at Airbles.

In fact most don't 

This is live schedule 

Sorry @Chaps my mistake - I thought they did on a Sunday. Either way, there's trains from Central to at least Motherwell, so the furthest walk will be 20mins or so through Motherwell town centre.

Delightful!

8 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Can't wait to see us get pumped. As long as I'm there though.

ffs don't say that :lol:

Deans Jambo

Trains to Motherwell from Glasgow Central ;

> 12:35 (to Motherwell) via Hamilton, off at Airbles or Motherwell (ends at Motherwell) 13:11

> 12:50 (to Motherwell) via Bellshill, off at Motherwell (ends) 13:15

> 12:54 (to Motherwell) via Bailleston, off at Motherwell (ends) 13:34

> 13:04  (to Motherwell) via Hamilton, off at Airbles or Motherwell (ends) 13:40

> 13:20 (to Lanark) via Bellshill, off at Motherwell 13:45 or Shieldmuir 13:49.

Deans Jambo

Alternative if not wanting to walk from Queens Street to Central in Glasgow. Switch at Partick instead. 

> 10:40 (to Helensburgh Central) from Edinburgh Waverley , off at Patrick 12:01

(^ This is the Livingston North/Bathgate  etc line)

>12:27 (to Motherwell) from Partick, off at Airbles or Motherwell 13:11.

All the trains below are so far scheduled to  stop at Airbles before Motherwell. This app is always spot on when I’ve used it:

9E832723-E052-4F76-9968-CB167855A11E.png

0FBA7D67-0116-4C3A-A78B-92EFC2FD0A89.png

Archived