Croatia v Turkey: Extra time!

Frankenstein Jambo.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Pretty poor game. Croatia have been the better team IMO but it has been a pretty poor performance never the less. The Turkish have sufferd from a lot of injuries so to take croatia to extra time deserves some credit.

I hope the turks go on and create an upset.

Croatia should be a few up and should win in extra time, the Turks might sneak it again though.

chester copperpot
Croatia should be a few up and should win in extra time, the Turks might sneak it again though.

The Turks seem to have some energy, keep coming strong at the end of games.

Wonder if Mad Eddie is helping them out with their wheelbarrow races and starjumps.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Germany must be rubbing there hands looking at this game. The germans will steam roller any of the two team in the semi's

chester copperpot
Germany must be rubbing there hands looking at this game. The germans will steam roller any of the two team in the semi's

Even though the Croats came through the game winning easy against Germany, I tipped the Germans to beat Portugal last night (67 quid return ;)) and I think they will beat either team in the Semi's.

Germany only come alive once they get oot the group stages.

I'll rephrase that:

I could easily see the semi's being between Germany, Italy, Croatia and Russia at this rate

I'll rephrase that:

I could easily see the semi's being between Germany, Italy, Croatia and Russia at this rate

Oops perhaps not

Oops perhaps not

just said to john would be funny as feck if Turkey scored in the next 30 secs eh!!!!:eek: brilliant!

just said to john would be funny as feck if Turkey scored in the next 30 secs eh!!!!:eek: brilliant!

He's quiet tonight, have got him tied up again

Sorry to see Croatia go out but their penalties were shocking. At least the English can stop going on about how great a team the Croatian's really were all along.

coppercrutch
Un-be-lievable.

My thoughts exactly !!

Croatia = Scotland

Turkey = Celtic/Man Utd

My thoughts exactly !!

Croatia = Scotland

Turkey = Celtic/Man Utd

On that basis do you think we could have their Manager:)

Miller Jambo 60
Sorry to see Croatia go out but their penalties were shocking. At least the English can stop going on about how great a team the Croatian's really were all along.

My son thought that the croats bottled it.

SNAP

coppercrutch
On that basis do you think we could have their Manager:)

I'll take any of their managers. Preferably the lucky one !!

coppercrutch
My son thought that the croats bottled it.

SNAP

I would say they won it.

Then they gave it away.

Then they bottled it.

After all going into the penalties they were in exactly the same situation they were in 1 minute 30 seconds before.

If that had been Germany or Italy they STILL would have won it on penalties. Well, more than likely. :)

He's quiet tonight, have got him tied up again

He;s been relegated to the kitchen to watch the footie whilst doing the dishes;)

no doubt he will be on soon to give his tuppenceworth:rolleyes:

chester copperpot
That Croat collapse was almost Hearts like.

We always win pen shootouts do we not. ;)

I would say they won it.

Then they gave it away.

Then they bottled it.

After all going into the penalties they were in exactly the same situation they were in 1 minute 30 seconds before.

If that had been Germany or Italy they STILL would have won it on penalties. Well, more than likely. :)

You're right about the Germans but the Romans are almost Anglo-Saxon in the penalty stakes;)

We always win pen shootouts do we not. ;)

That's just a recent phenomonon, trust me !!

The Old Tolbooth

If that was Scotland that lost in that fashion I'd be in tears! It's really hard not to feel desperately sorry for Croatia and their fans as they deserved to win that game, however you just gotta love the Turks never say die attitude, and I really hope that Germany go 1 up in the semi cos then were gonna have mayhem from the Turks as they go kimikaze for a goal!

C'mon the Turks in the semi!!!!!

(Oh and for all the folk that's slagged me on this thread, I hope yer next turds a hedgehog ya bams!) :D

Guest S.U.S.S.
My thoughts exactly !!

Croatia = Scotland

Turkey = Celtic/Man Utd

No, Some people like Turkey:)

Why did the ref refuse to allow a sub for Croatia after they scored? Why did he play 1min 30 sec of injury time at the end? This is not over. Won't change the result, but I bet Croatia will have something to say about it in the press.

They've not really. Come out and blaming themselves for not being able to defend after scoring.

Amount of time added on was probably right due the celebrations by Croatia taking a bit longer than normal due to them thinking they'd won it.

They're hardly Greece #2 either. Turkey have never just sat back trying to defend and have played some decent football apart from the first game v Portugal.

coppercrutch
They've not really. Come out and blaming themselves for not being able to defend after scoring.

Amount of time added on was probably right due the celebrations by Croatia taking a bit longer than normal due to them thinking they'd won it.

They're hardly Greece #2 either. Turkey have never just sat back trying to defend and have played some decent football apart from the first game v Portugal.

As in they were total outsiders at the start and are now starting to look like possibilities....;)

shaun.lawson
As in they were total outsiders at the start and are now starting to look like possibilities....;)

It won't happen, CC. Deutschland will see 'em off - before reducing either the Dutch or Italians to tears in the final too (and if it's the latter, you - with your 21-1 - as well... ;))

Archived