Come On Turkey

Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger

Having spent many a happy holiday in Bodrum and met many nice Turks I'm 100% behind them tonight. Plus I have a tenner each way on them at 33/1 :)

Cmon Turkey

chester copperpot
Having spent many a happy holiday in Bodrum and met many nice Turks I'm 100% behind them tonight. Plus I have a tenner each way on them at 33/1 :)

Cmon Turkey

No way Croatia will lose tonight IMO.

Haven't bet on them, as am cutting my losses, so this probably means Turkey will waltz it ;)

The last of my pot is going on croatia, 2 bets croatia half time/full time and straight win

need the money for us ranger tommorrow in ther golden jubilee at ascot

I put some of my winnings from earlier on on to a Germany, Croatia, Italy treble

Croatia should win as they are an excellent attacking team, but also have a good defence so should be able to hang onto their lead unlike Switzerland and the Czech

Malcolm Tucker

Got a 10er on Croatia to win the whole thing at 8/1.

Plus I hate Turkey.

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?
Slaven Bilic is the man.

What a "dude". :)

I must admit I like Fatih Terim too though.

Like Malofeev; only with talent. :P

coppercrutch

Croatian player had one of the worst misses I have ever seen. And yet they are only going on about the fact it was a good move. What is their problem ?

No worse than the Germans miss against Austria and that got dogs abuse. Also last night it took about 10 minutes for Tyldsley to realise Ballack had fouled for his goal.

Where do you apply for these jobs........

Thunderstruck

Turkey for one reason:

They are not fashionable enough for the patronising BBC commentary crew.

Frankenstein Jambo.
Turkey for one reason:

They are not fashionable enough for the patronising BBC commentary crew.

You every been to turkey?

Regular John

Turkey are probably the least entertaining team left in it.

Only now in extra time have they bothered to actually put some pressure on the Croats.

It'd be awful if those huddys were to progress at the expense of a decent Croation side.

Thunderstruck
You every been to turkey?

An interesting question that makes me wonder.....

Can I only favour them if I have been there?

Or, is Turkey a place that, once visited, leaves such a bad impression that nobody would want to support them?

But, to answer your question, no. Then again, I haven't been to Croatia either.

coppercrutch
Turkey are probably the least entertaining team left in it.

Only now in extra time have they bothered to actually put some pressure on the Croats.

It'd be awful if those huddys were to progress at the expense of a decent Croation side.

I would have to say that is rather unfair.........;)

coppercrutch

BTW anyone just see the main square with the Turks and Croatians split down the middle, beer flying.

Mass riots: T minus 2 minutes.

portobellojambo1

It wasn't the most awe inspiring, or even best, game of football I have ever seen, but I am sure the Turks won't be upset about that.

They proved gritty once again, I think like the Portuguese before them last night the Croatians just failed to play at the level many expected of them tonight, and the Turks again proved they will keep going right to the end.

Tempted to say they will make it difficult against the Germans as well, but as the commentary team were saying at the end of the game their main problem could actually be finding 11 fit/unsuspended players to play.

Suspect the tournament is now heading towards a Holland v Germany final.

Always want the turks to win. Was over there alot as a kid and was impressionable enough not to realise that the reason they were all so happy and friendly wasnt purley because they were nice people. They will be desperate to go all the way what with Greece winning it last year. Gutted I never backed them now as i think with the resolve they have shown so far they could go and win it.

Charlie-Brown

From the start of the 2nd half Turkey were not scared of penalties, they dominated the 1st half of extra-time when the Croats were flagging but Croatia upped things in the 2nd half of ET to try to avoid pens (now we know why)...they got a huge advantage when the turkish goalie made a terrible mistake but they got out of jail thanks to tremendous desire & fight to the end.......extra time & pens in the semi is a strong possibility!

Having quite a lot of Turkish family and friends I'm absolutely over the moon for Turkey!! The semi against Germany will almost be like a derby considering over 4m Turks reside in Germany. I put ?20 on Turkey at 66-1 and who would bet against them now?!

Turkiye en buyuk baska buyuk yok!! Turkiyeye iyi sans var ve hep Almancada insanler kolay kazanmak saniyorlur, yine dusuniyorlur gerek var!!:):):):fing10::bravo:

Pete Seeger
Well I've got ?25 on Croatia at 14/1 so ram it.

Ram it yourself. GIRFUY :)

Archived