U20's v Aberdeen Today

Homme

Footballfirst

Chris Hamilton starting for Scotland U17s against Spain today. (Marc Leonard also starting)

Scottish FAVerified account @ScottishFA 2m2 minutes ago

U17s | Scotland: 12. Mair (GK) 2. Patterson 3. Gordon 5. O’Connor (C) 7. Ross 8. Hamilton 15. Erhahon 16. Campbell 17. Semple 18. Leonard 19. Mebude

Subs: 1. Mullen (GK) 4. Taylor 6. Wilson 9. Pressley 11. McBride 13. Armer 14. McPake 20. Fitzpatrick

Am not there but looks a young Hearts team against a relatively experienced Dons equivalent. 

All about the experience for the youngsters (and Malaury)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

Shit 2-0

Wouldn't worry too much :)

They are playing their first team subs, whilst the cream of our team are either playing first team or international football for us. This is entirely experiential for us today. Either that or Martin is dragging us down!!!

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Wouldn't worry too much :)

They are playing their first team subs, whilst the cream of our team are either playing first team or international football for us. This is entirely experiential for us today. Either that or Martin is dragging us down!!!

3-0 now

Am fine with the kids getting experience

How many youths are away with Internationals or unavailable due to being need on loan spell?
Hamilton, Baur, Keena, Smith ?
Paton missing presuming he's got a Stenny game soon?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

How many youths are away with Internationals or unavailable due to being need on loan spell?

There is no Cochrane or McDonald or Irving there either. Not that they are old enough either :whistling:

Footballfirst
11 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

C Smith S Ward and H Stone all with Scotland U16s

Cochrane - injured/first team

McDonald - first team

Irving - first team

21 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Chris Hamilton starting for Scotland U17s against Spain today. (Marc Leonard also starting)

U17s | Scotland: 12. Mair (GK) 2. Patterson 3. Gordon 5. O’Connor (C) 7. Ross 8. Hamilton 15. Erhahon 16. Campbell 17. Semple 18. Leonard 19. Mebude

Subs: 1. Mullen (GK) 4. Taylor 6. Wilson 9. Pressley 11. McBride 13. Armer 14. McPake 20. Fitzpatrick

What's the latest with leanord FF? Never heard much more about his move to Brighton 

Just now, Footballfirst said:

McDonald - first team

Irving - first team

Cheers FF, yeah I consider the last 3 as first team now. I didn't realise Ward and Stone were called up though.

It's good to see our young players in the first team, on loan or away with youth international sides whereas others have development teams with fringe players who probably won't benefit from these matches (Martin excluded).

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

Cheers FF, yeah I consider the last 3 as first team now. I didn't realise Ward and Stone were called up though.

It's good to see our young players in the first team, on loan or away with youth international sides whereas others have development teams with fringe players who probably won't benefit from these matches (Martin excluded).

Exciting times. This season has been made by the addition of the young lads. Coupled with some right proper players in our squad, I am enjoying our direction

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, franko1874 said:

What's the latest with leanord FF? Never heard much more about his move to Brighton 

He was listed in the current Scotland U17 squad as still being a Hearts player.  He certainly hasn't been training with Hearts.

I've had a look at match reports for recent Brighton U18 games but haven't seen him listed thus far.

51 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

McDonald - first team

Irving - first team

I heard from someone that Smith is one that has the management team really excited. Have you seen anything to support this ?

Footballfirst
40 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I heard from someone that Smith is one that has the management team really excited. Have you seen anything to support this ?

He's been playing up a year for two or three seasons. It means that he probably does stand out as much as he would do in his own age group. He was excellent in his first few games with Scotland's U16s, but he hasn't featured much in the last three or four months either with Hearts U17s or U20s other than 15 or 20 minute substitute appearances.

It's far too early to make any judgements.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

He was listed in the current Scotland U17 squad as still being a Hearts player.  He certainly hasn't been training with Hearts.

I've had a look at match reports for recent Brighton U18 games but haven't seen him listed thus far.

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

I was about to post the same thing.

They also beat Poland there 1-0 a couple of days ago.  Their final game is against France on Thursday. When Scotland last played France at U16 (the same age group) last year at the Oriam, they were well beaten, so it will be interesting to see if they have improved.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

He's been playing up a year for two or three seasons. It means that he probably does stand out as much as he would do in his own age group. He was excellent in his first few games with Scotland's U16s, but he hasn't featured much in the last three or four months either with Hearts U17s or U20s other than 15 or 20 minute substitute appearances.

It's far too early to make any judgements.

Thanks ff. informative as ever. Appreciated

Archived