Is there a young up and coming Scottish Manager we should try?

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

After reading about Alex Ferguson and seeing Aberdeen took a chance on him from a lower division side. Or we got Levin from Cowdenbeath and he turned out to be a good manager.

So is there any young up and coming managers in the lower leagues we should look at

After reading about Alex Ferguson and seeing Aberdeen took a chance on him from a lower division side. Or we got Levin from Cowdenbeath and he turned out to be a good manager.

So is there any young up and coming managers in the lower leagues we should look at

Craig Levein did allright for us after being Cowdenbeath manager, did't he.

So, I vote for Peter Houston to come back. :peepwall:

jamboinglasgow
I don't think we will look at any.

However, Billy Reid has done very well at Hamilton. Also previously did a good job at Clyde. I think he has potential.

I did think of him, has done well turning Hamilton around and getting them into the SPL. Has a great attitude towards young players.

Also though he isn't Scottish how about Paul Ince if Blackburn dont get him.

Is there a young up and coming Scottish Manager we should try?

Craig Levein !!

He's only 43. Ferguson was 45 when he left Aberdeen. CL is still a young manager and will move onto bigger things than D.Utd in due course. Sadly, as things stand he couldn't be attracted to manage the joke that is HMFC.

Who is Ian Dowie managing now a days?

Just got the gig at QPR who have wads of dosh to spend.

WorldChampions1902

There are plenty. Unfortunately, Vlad doesn't want a manager, he wants a puppet.

I did think of him, has done well turning Hamilton around and getting them into the SPL. Has a great attitude towards young players.

Agree with this, would love to see us make an appointment like this. Billy Reid in particualr has done a great job. I also think Derek McIness at St Johnstone is worth a look.

My big fear is that mad Vlad would walk all over an inexperienced manager. Like he did with Valdas and Rix.

So although excellent young managers, probably not right for us. Unfortunately.

alwaysthereinspirit
Paul Ince is so far out our league its unbelievable.

He turned down the Derby job last season. He will accept the Blackburn job, I think he is very keen to be the first black manager in the English top flight.

He would be great if we could get him but ain't going to happen.

If your looking at the English leagues, I guess Ferguson junior has had a very good start. Though I think he has been quite well backed.

Someone, who I think is out of work but did quite well in the English lower leagues was Mike Newell. However, after his rant about corruption he seemed to dissapear. he might be suited to Vlad.

Dowie quit his London club to be nearer his family up North.

Now manages another London club. Wee bit of a head case me thinks.

Also though he isn't Scottish how about Paul Ince if Blackburn dont get him.

I hated Ince as a player but he seems to be highly rated for the job he done at MK.

Also, like Frail, he is yet another manager who does not have the qualifications required to take charge of a top league team (not that that has stopped anyone yet).

That slightly suprises me. Considering the money they have to spend etc and what they are looking to achieve.

However, in fairness to the owners, I think its a good appointment. He is a manager who know what it takes to succeed in that league and how to get out of it.

Looks to me its a club that are trying to walk before it runs etc. Wish our owner thought like that!

I think everyone down south was taken a bit by surprise that it wasn't a higher profile manager. The likes of Vialli and even Zidane had been mentioned in connection with the job but as you say they have plumped for a guy who knows that league inside out. Whether they keep him if they do get into the Premiership in the next few years is debateable but for now they seem to be taking a sensible approach and look like they have a plan ie not just throwing shed loads of money at it !

Sex Panther
I did think of him' date=' has done well turning Hamilton around and getting them into the SPL. Has a great attitude towards young players.

Agree with this, would love to see us make an appointment like this. Billy Reid in particualr has done a great job. I also think Derek McIness at St Johnstone is worth a look.

My big fear is that mad Vlad would walk all over an inexperienced manager. Like he did with Valdas and Rix.

So although excellent young managers, probably not right for us. Unfortunately.

And what makes you an expert??;)

I did think of him' date=' has done well turning Hamilton around and getting them into the SPL. Has a great attitude towards young players.

And what makes you an expert??;)[/quote']

Wheesht leefer!

Paul Ince is so far out our league its unbelievable.

He turned down the Derby job last season. He will accept the Blackburn job, I think he is very keen to be the first black manager in the English top flight.

Jean Tigana?

1751885.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A68D009F952FB610439930FDCFC4C15FBB

Maroon Toon

What about Zico? He has worked with JJ and he is Scottish and a Jambo through and through. Does anyone know what club he is with currently?

Yes i see where you are coming from, this could be the next Plan, after the continental thing goes belly upp, turn the focus on young up and coming Scottish Managers ,heres my list.

1. Billy Reid.

2. John Hughes.

3. Sandy Clark.

4. Rowan Alexander.

5. Craig Brewster.

Do you think Vlad actually reads this forum ?:rolleyes:

This is no time for a manager who does not have experience at SPL level. Craig Levein did a good job for Hearts but he had one and a half so-so seasons before he really made an impact. We need an experienced manager who can make an immediate impact on our pampered squad of wasters and get results, after all there is allegedly a salary of ?350000 p.a. on offer.

This is no time for a manager who does not have experience at SPL level. Craig Levein did a good job for Hearts but he had one and a half so-so seasons before he really made an impact. We need an experienced manager who can make an immediate impact on our pampered squad of wasters and get results, after all there is allegedly a salary of ?350000 p.a. on offer.

Well said, however a manager with SPL Experience kind off restricts the candidates to a very short list.

We know that JJ and CL have distanced themselves from the gig, so that leaves very little left to choose from.

Back to the old drawing board me thinks a NEW PLAN is required.:confused:

Yes i see where you are coming from, this could be the next Plan, after the continental thing goes belly upp, turn the focus on young up and coming Scottish Managers ,heres my list.

1. Billy Reid.

2. John Hughes.

3. Sandy Clark.

4. Rowan Alexander.

5. Craig Brewster.

Do you think Vlad actually reads this forum ?:rolleyes:

sandy clark sandy ****ing clark SANDY ****ING CLARK ARE YOU OUT OFF YOUR TITS ON DRUGS IF SO SHARE I COULD USE A BUZZ jesus h christ sandy clark

sandy clark sandy ****ing clark SANDY ****ING CLARK ARE YOU OUT OFF YOUR TITS ON DRUGS IF SO SHARE I COULD USE A BUZZ jesus h christ sandy clark

A true Jambo was Sandy, and he never got a chance last time,Played for us and would stick his head in, where half off them playing for us now would not put there foot.:dribble:

John Roberton can still be viewed as a young manager and he has already won a league title.

He was perhaps given the Hearts job prematurely and nobody can argue that Burley being appointed was a backwards step, but what's wrong with bringing him back? Vlad must have had some sort of professional respect for him or he would have just sacked him rather than offering him the assistant's job....

I think Robbo tried to play attacking football and with a better wage budget now in place I think he'd be more effective second time round.

Robbo as boss, Stevie Frail and Locke as his assistants...

Get this onto football rumours and it'll be in The Hun or Daily Retart tomorrow...

Well said, however a manager with SPL Experience kind off restricts the candidates to a very short list.

We know that JJ and CL have distanced themselves from the gig, so that leaves very little left to choose from.

Back to the old drawing board me thinks a NEW PLAN is required.:confused:

Sorry, to be clear I never said SPL experience, I said experience at SPL level, which excludes managers from lower quality leagues.

A true Jambo was Sandy, and he never got a chance last time,Played for us and would stick his head in, where half off them playing for us now would not put there foot.:dribble:

rubbish

Sorry, to be clear I never said SPL experience, I said experience at SPL level, which excludes managers from lower quality leagues.

Like Lithuania, Iceland, Slovakia, Belarus..... :P

There are plenty. Unfortunately, Vlad doesn't want a manager, he wants a puppet.

My sphincter is itching...

I think he is very keen to be the first black manager in the English top flight.

Wasn't that Viv Anderson?

Good shout, that's who I'll be calling when I win the Euro Millions. [EDIT]Should have kept reading.[/EDIT]

I would honestly go for John Hughes...

Christ, we'res that ferkin Wall Smillie when you need it?? :eek:

Snake Plissken

Allan Moore

took Stirling from 9th in the 3rd division to the first division, got relegated last season but had much less resources than other teams in the league and were the only part time team in the league.

Not saying he should get the job but theres a career we should be keeping an eye on.

Guest jambomickey

billy davies and if romanov wasn't a paranoid control freak he would ave approached him long ago.

Charlie-Brown

Not Billy Davies - ever!!

The guy at Hamilton has done well, Kenny Black has done reasonably well at Airdrie, Derek McInnes at St. Johnstone as well.

Not Billy Davies - ever!!

Can I just ask, why ? Have you ever met him ?

The guy at Hamilton has done well, Kenny Black has done reasonably well at Airdrie, Derek McInnes at St. Johnstone as well.

You have got to be kidding. Is this what we have come to ? Pathetic.

Charlie-Brown
You have got to be kidding. Is this what we have come to ? Pathetic.

I just listed some younger Scottish managers who are doing quite well........

Billy Davies is a wee hun scrote that I never want to see as Hearts manager - he comes across as having a bad attitude and is an angry wee man like Tommy McLean (all in my opinion of course!) - I've never met George W. Bush but I don't like him either. :)

I think you need to advertise the job and start interviewing, only once you start talking to people that you can work out who would do a job, I thought Hibs did a good job when they brought Mowbray in he obviously convinced them at the interview stage and look where he is now. Having said that I'm starting to think we might as well go for Jeffries, you know he is going to do a decent job and I'd like to see him bring in a young inteligent guy who is keen to be a boss in future to the backroom (I don't mean Gary Locke).

I just listed some younger Scottish managers who are doing quite well........

Billy Davies is a wee hun scrote that I never want to see as Hearts manager - he comes across as having a bad attitude and is an angry wee man like Tommy McLean (all in my opinion of course!) - I've never met George W. Bush but I don't like him either. :)

In comparison to what.....some young Lithuanian managers ?

Your 100% wrong about BD but nevermind you will no doubt be trying to calm the support when Ziggy the hand puppet signs on. No wonder we have a support that is satisfied with mediocrity and 2nd rate pesh.

Rae and McInnes are the only 2 up and coming managers who are worthy of being looked at IMO. Not saying they should get the job but they are what they are. Sometimes taking a gamble pays off and i would settle for taking a gamble on these 2.

Charlie-Brown

In comparison to other younger Scottish managers in the SPL & SFL - Yogi Hughes is probably the best but we could NEVER say that.

Your 100% wrong about BD but nevermind you will no doubt be trying to calm the support when Ziggy the hand puppet signs on. No wonder we have a support that is satisfied with mediocrity and 2nd rate pesh.

I and many other people don't like Billy Davies - I think he's a reasonably good football manager but he's a horrible wee McLean type man in my opinion and I wouldn't ever want him but if he ever got appointed then of course I would support him & want him to succeed.

If Romanov wanted Zygmantovich then why didn't he just appoint him after McGhee knocked us back? Ziggy said in the D.Mail last week that nobody except journalists have asked him about or spoken to him regards being a managerial candidate. He said he wasn't a candidate.

Walter Kidd
I and many other people don't like Billy Davies - I think he's a reasonably good football manager but he's a horrible wee McLean type man in my opinion and I wouldn't ever want him but if he ever got appointed then of course I would support him & want him to succeed.

If Romanov wanted Zygmantovich then why didn't he just appoint him after McGhee knocked us back? Ziggy said in the D.Mail last week that nobody except journalists have asked him about or spoken to him regards being a managerial candidate. He said he wasn't a candidate.

Possibly down to work permits rather than lack of talent.

The hugely ironic thing is that you are forever banging on about Hearts young talent (which personally I think is utter nonsense) yet you have no idea that Billy Davies is exceptional with young players and indeed his close mate Davie Moyes wants him as his number 2 at Everton as he knows that he can bring that quality amongst other things. We have a bunch of half wits in charge of our youth yet you would knock back someone with BD's credentials. Hilarious.

Just imagine the scene, BD, gets the job, he is in his office the day before the match, planning his team selection and tactics.

RING RING and the fax machine clicks on, the single sheet of paper comes through from Vlad with Vlads team selection and subs, and the time of each sub.

What would BD do.:mad::mad::mad:

1. Boot the fax machine through the window, and screw up the paper and chuck it in the bin, and get back on with what he was doing.:):)

Just imagine the scene, BD, gets the job, he is in his office the day before the match, planning his team selection and tactics.

RING RING and the fax machine clicks on, the single sheet of paper comes through from Vlad with Vlads team selection and subs, and the time of each sub.

What would BD do.:mad::mad::mad:

1. Boot the fax machine through the window, and screw up the paper and chuck it in the bin, and get back on with what he was doing.:):)

Exactly and that is the reason he is not being considered.

Charlie-Brown
The hugely ironic thing is that you are forever banging on about Hearts young talent (which personally I think is utter nonsense) yet you have no idea that Billy Davies is exceptional with young players and indeed his close mate Davie Moyes wants him as his number 2 at Everton as he knows that he can bring that quality amongst other things. We have a bunch of half wits in charge of our youth yet you would knock back someone with BD's credentials. Hilarious.

Did I say I would knock him back? I said I don't like him and prefer if he wasn't our manager, I think Yogi Hughes is a good manager & good with young players and Tommy Burns (was) but I wouldn't want them either.

If you want to discuss who I HATED as players but rate as a coach then Roy Aitken would top my list of Non-Hearts minded people to be appointed.

Whilst Billy Davies was manager of Preston he said he'd walk up the road to be manager of Rangers and wanted the newly appointed Paul Le Guen's job - days later he moved to Derby.........I just don't like the guy - it's not a crime. :)

Exactly and that is the reason he is not being considered.

Thats a shame, because its exactly the type of man we need in the job, and it would be hilarious if that actually happened.:)

Not Scottish but Martin Allen would be a good manager, he is pretty headstrong so he would be a waste of time if Vlad expected him to put up with tinkering. The last generation of Allens must have produced about a dozen players (Clive, Paul, Rory, Bradley etc) so I'm thinking there must be a few wee gems amongst the next generation of his extended family.

Theres a lot of people talking about Derek McInnes as being a good up and coming manager but he's still working with what was basically Owen Coyle's team. This was his first year as a manager and he only managed them for the second half of the season.

I dont think half a season is enough to judge whether McInnes is a good manager or not.

Dirk Diggler
Theres a lot of people talking about Derek McInnes as being a good up and coming manager but he's still working with what was basically Owen Coyle's team. This was his first year as a manager and he only managed them for the second half of the season.

I dont think half a season is enough to judge whether McInnes is a good manager or not.

Correct.

Had they not taken Rangers to pens (Remember Partick Thistle and Hibs ffs took them to a replay) He wouldn't get a mention.

Derek McInnes for Hearts manager?

Give me peace.

I'd rather stick with Frail and Korobochka.

Archived