Virgin Hotel

Shanks said no

Shanks said no

Branson announced he is opening the first non USA hotel in the capital. 

For once not in Leith (no virgins there) it’s going to be a 225 room hotel with bars and restaurants at the top of Victoria Street in the old India buildings.

Didnt realise he had Scottish roots and his wife is Scottish too.

20 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Didnt realise he had Scottish roots and his wife is Scottish too.

His sister (or other close family member now) owns an island on the west coast. 

He's a total "see you next tuesday", work for him and expect to get paid at the.final moment he is required by law to pay, put many companies out of business by his very questionable business ethics and morals. 

38 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

He's a total "see you next tuesday", work for him and expect to get paid at the.final moment he is required by law to pay, put many companies out of business by his very questionable business ethics and morals. 

I like him. 

He likes to be liked. Likes to be called "Richard" as opposed to Mr Branson. Any opportunity for a photo. He is an ideas guy and surrounds himself with hard nosed accountants and hatchet men who deal with the conflict and less savoury parts of business. I was once invited to a BBQ at his house. Couldn't go - wish I had. There are a lot worse CEO's around. oh - and while it may be the first "Virgin" branded hotel - he/they once owned the Norton House.

I did contract work for Virgin, our contact was only answerable to Branson, he insisted all meetings were in Birmingham, as Spearmint Rhino at the time had the best lap dancers , he was, as Branson is, scum.

Someone says they like him ? Gingers,  like Scott Brown, that shitehouse does less damage though, and what he does do is far too much !

2 minutes ago, Greenbank2 said:

He likes to be liked. Likes to be called "Richard" as opposed to Mr Branson. Any opportunity for a photo. He is an ideas guy and surrounds himself with hard nosed accountants and hatchet men who deal with the conflict and less savoury parts of business. I was once invited to a BBQ at his house. Couldn't go - wish I had. There aren't a lot worse CEO's around.

Ha ha, as in "Fred the shred", get close you'll be very fortunate to find any that you would truly want to aspire to being like.

2 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

Ha ha, as in "Fred the shred", get close you'll be very fortunate to find any that you would truly want to aspire to being like.

These days, I think you're right. I've met and dealt with a few over the years. The one I would aspire to be like was David Packard. An absolute gentleman although by that time he was Chairman of the Board, and I was very young. Met "Richard" a few times but no dealings. Always in their LHR lounge when he was swaning around giving it "I'm a great guy. (Always surrounded by the most attractive crew!)

His favoured quote used to be, that everyone working for him always got paid, "at the last minute". Many lost their businesses through him and his unethical practices, that made him the millionaire he is today, love child of  thatcher "

1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

I like him. 

the milk snatcher"

Shanks said no

Wish I hadn’t mentioned the bleeding Hotel now! This feels like a monty python sketch

REG: All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

3 hours ago, Jambothump said:

Can’t stand the man.  

Whenever he doesn’t get his way, he always publicly complains or threatens legal action, even if it is the NHS.  

I find him rather sleazy too.  That is just my opinion though. 

Montgomery Brewster

Ah the old India buildings 

had the misfortune to get married in there 

fortunately not anymore :ninja:

I see in one article there's talk of Virgin Atlantic flights from EDI. If there's one to Florida and they start to play Cup Finals at Murrayfield. I'll probably never visit Glasgow again.

Archived