Lost ma wallet on the bus

RockyBalboa

You could try calling the lost property department at Fettes? Sometimes it takes a while to be returned there but I lost my car keys at the Athens match and got them back a few weeks later.

RockyBalboa
You could try calling the lost property department at Fettes? Sometimes it takes a while to be returned there but I lost my car keys at the Athens match and got them back a few weeks later.

Phoned lost property with LRT then the bus garage and not been handed in.

Wouldnt even mind if the money was gone and my cards where still there, new driving licence etc needed now. :sad:

Say What Again

Are you sure it was the bus you dropped it mate?

A guy I know thought he'd left his in a taxi a few months back only to be contacted by the police a few days later. He'd dropped it in the street and someone had handed it to the police - with his cash still inside it too.

RockyBalboa
Are you sure it was the bus you dropped it mate?

A guy I know thought he'd left his in a taxi a few months back only to be contacted by the police a few days later. He'd dropped it in the street and someone had handed it to the police - with his cash still inside it too.

Yeah def on bus mate. Had it to put my pass in after I got on then didnt by time I got to work.

Im a tube but it's still shan. :mad:

RockyBalboa
Bus! Bus! More like dropped in the bogs of CC Blooms Hobo.

How old are you? Seriously? :rolleyes:

If i find something i always like to think how would i feel if i lost my wallet. And i would want to be taught a leason. :P

the police will contact you once they have contacted all the owners of the stolen cards in your wallet

RockyBalboa
If i find something i always like to think how would i feel if i lost my wallet. And i would want to be taught a leason. :P

Haha. Next time I find something Ill give it to charity.

RockyBalboa
the police will contact you once they have contacted all the owners of the stolen cards in your wallet

Funny as a year supporting Hearts.

Having gone through the process of losing my purse in Waverley Station I can sympathise.

What you must to is get all your cards cancelled asap as some nasty weegie got hold of mine and in the couple of hours between me losing it and reporting them gone had done nearly ?200 quids worth of damage topping up pay and go mobiles, plus I had to replace my Drivers Licence, Cinema Pass, also gave me the creeps as your address is on your drivers licence.

Even after I reported it, I was getting copies of transactions made through west, the bank asking me to confirm that this was fraud, went on for about a month, Police were very helpful and although it must be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

However the stupid tart tried to use them again at the Forge about a month later and was caught, I did ask if I could have 5mins with them but sadly my PC had to refuse.

Was the worst feeling ever and valuable lesson learned for me.

watching hearts was fecking hilarious last year i can assure you

RockyBalboa
Having gone through the process of losing my purse in Waverley Station I can sympathise.

What you must to is get all your cards cancelled asap as some nasty weegie got hold of mine and in the couple of hours between me losing it and reporting them gone had done nearly ?200 quids worth of damage topping up pay and go mobiles, plus I had to replace my Drivers Licence, Cinema Pass, also gave me the creeps as your address is on your drivers licence.

Even after I reported it, I was getting copies of transactions made through west, the bank asking me to confirm that this was fraud, went on for about a month, Police were very helpful and although it must be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

However the stupid tart tried to use them again at the Forge about a month later and was caught, I did ask if I could have 5mins with them but sadly my PC had to refuse.

Was the worst feeling ever and valuable lesson learned for me.

Terrible. :mad:

RockyBalboa
watching hearts was fecking hilarious last year i can assure you

Sounded funny to be fair....

Stuart Lyon

Sorry to hear about you losing your wallet. Haven't lost mine but so far this year my M&S card has been 'compromised' twice leading to new cards being issued. They won't, for legal reasons, tell me who the merchant was! What if I want to stop gibing that merchant my custom?

I've only ever lost my wallet once and some kind lad from Kirknewton phoned my house the next day and told me to come and collect it.

It was quite funny as when I went to collect it he had his Hibs top on and my car had a wee Hearts scarf on the parcel shelf. See, there are SOME decent Hobo's out there ;)

Gutted man :mad:

Where's all the decent folk who hand it in to the bus driver for christ sake.

These decent people are still around us.

It's the f*****g bus drivers that are the problem!

RockyBalboa
These decent people are still around us.

It's the f*****g bus drivers that are the problem!

That's a good valid point.

Im going to go to the depot and ask if they can see who took it on camera. They must have it on there.

Had my wallet with all ID etc stolen a few years ago. Cancelled all credit cards etc. but was totally bereft of all ID. As drivers licence here has a photo on it went to MVB to apply for a new licence. Explained my situation and was told well you must have ID, explained again no ID had all been stolen, we went on for a while like this I eventually asked if this was a joke was I on Candid Camera, after being threatened with eviction if I didn't calm down, a supervisor eventually came and helped me out, what an experience, hope the OP is more fortunate.

RockyBalboa
That's not you being homophobic is it RB?

Me?

I'm hobophobic...

I am, but I keep it quiet as it might offend many "hobos" ;)

I found a wallet in the street once, all the cash was gone but had his drivers licence, credit cards, work card etc in it.

I handed it into - Wait for it ....... The police..... OMG... (have you tried them yet?)

And a week later I got a thank you note from the dude and a ?10 book token from him.

I was raging that the police gave out my address to the bloke. But I bought some new Terry Pratchett... Where was I?

Oooo Friday night...,. Lets get pished

Typical comment from you.

You moan about how you're hard done by, then start on the wind-up. Que 'i was having a laugh' responses.

FTH.

Pete Seeger

You moan about how you're hard done by, then start on the wind-up. Que 'i was having a laugh' responses.

FTH.

Agreed. FTH

I found a wallet in the street once, all the cash was gone but had his drivers licence, credit cards, work card etc in it.

I handed it into - Wait for it ....... The police..... OMG... (have you tried them yet?)

And a week later I got a thank you note from the dude and a ?10 book token from him.

I was raging that the police gave out my address to the bloke. But I bought some new Terry Pratchett... Where was I?

Oooo Friday night...,. Lets get pished

In the old days in my time with ECP the found property forms used to specifically ask if you wanted the property if not claimed, or if you would accept a reward if the property was claimed. Were you asked this when you handed in the wallet. Which may explain why your identity was given.

Prince Buaben

I lost my wallet not that long ago and it was handed in on hte bus so phoned LRT wnet down and it cost me ?2 to get my own wallet back!!

Bindy Badgy

This happened to me as well. I'm eternally grateful to the honest man/women that handed it in.

Sorry about your wallet mate

A guy i know used to clean the buses and there was never a week went by where he was selling mobiles and brand new clothes that had been left on the bus,it used to make me really angry that he never handed them in :mad:

Walter Kidd

FTH.

What happened to ZERO TOLERANCE? This wee fud should havebeen launched years ago.

Say no to rodents.

I managed to lose my wallet on the bus 3 times in a month(mostly due to still being drunk on the way to work most days) everytime i got it back with everything in it. Itl be at Annadale St by tommorow.

Managed to leave my wallet in a taxi a few years ago . Well ****ed. Searched all over the house , out in the street then got a call from a taxi driver next morning, phoning from a pub in Castle Street.(Might have been Champagne Charlies?) He'd found it in his cab. Picked it up later that day and gave him a tenner. Could have cost me a damn sight more in time and effort. Very grateful and learned a good lesson.

Morale of the story

Don't take money out of your wallet, fall asleep in the the taxi then stand up dropping the wallet on the floor. :dozey:

Miller Jambo 60
Managed to leave my wallet in a taxi a few years ago . Well ****ed. Searched all over the house , out in the street then got a call from a taxi driver next morning, phoning from a pub in Castle Street.(Might have been Champagne Charlies?) He'd found it in his cab. Picked it up later that day and gave him a tenner. Could have cost me a damn sight more in time and effort. Very grateful and learned a good lesson.

Morale of the story

Don't take money out of your wallet, fall asleep in the the taxi then stand up dropping the wallet on the floor. :dozey:

Got a taxi home after a jambo win and i left my wads in the taxi.

HE HO they called me and the wallet was posted through my door.

Hard lines Balboa. It's happened to me in the past. Never handed in.

When it did happen to me though, three things I did not think to do (can't think why not) were:

1) To go on thevirus.net and start a thread about it.

2) Get offended when people were less than sympathetic.

3) Retort with wide anti-AIDS victim comments.

Honestly, how the **** are you still here? Which mod are you ****ing?

I have to say that I am delighted by this news!

Just out of interest, how much cash was in it? Did your cards get hit too? Please say a lot and yes! :)

Doctor FinnBarr
I have to say that I am delighted by this news!

Just out of interest, how much cash was in it? Did your cards get hit too? Please say a lot and yes! :)

He forgot to mention his peg bag.

:107years::BigSemi:

Phoned lost property with LRT then the bus garage and not been handed in.

Wouldnt even mind if the money was gone and my cards where still there, new driving licence etc needed now. :sad:

You may or may not already know this ( had my wallet stolen in Tenerife recently) but with respect to your driving licence they retain all the details presuming you have a card not the ancient type (paper) and over the phone you can arrange a new one for ?22 and it is sent out pretty quickly. No need to fill in forms etc. Problem I had as I arranged it while still out the country w I had no credit cards to pay with but luckily begged the wife to pay the ?22 you may have to do the same.

You may or may not already know this ( had my wallet stolen in Tenerife recently) but with respect to your driving licence they retain all the details presuming you have a card not the ancient type (paper) and over the phone you can arrange a new one for ?22 and it is sent out pretty quickly. No need to fill in forms etc. Problem I had as I arranged it while still out the country w I had no credit cards to pay with but luckily begged the wife to pay the ?22 you may have to do the same.

Can you send in giro's ? I am sure rocky will get this sorted as soon as the phone box is free on the camp site.

Chad Sexington

If I find it I'm going to steal all your money and wipe my erse with it.

Then I'm going to steal your identity and register your name for lots of gay dating fun.

Hopefully you will enjoy the big Polish action cuming your way.

Hobo idiot.

:107years:

If I find it I'm going to steal all your money and wipe my erse with it.

Then I'm going to steal your identity and register your name for lots of gay dating fun.

Hopefully you will enjoy the big Polish action cuming your way.

Hobo idiot.

:107years:

:rofl:

I am glad that others are revelling in his stupidity! :)

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I found a wallet in a megabowl a few months ago

I handed it to the barstaff as it was choc full of cash and cards (it's **** to lose your wallet)

Bloke who's wallet it was handed me ?30 as the bar staff pointed me out to him

I tried to refuse but he was having none of it

Am I the only one that DOESN'T take a wallet when going out for beers? Exactly for all the reasons stated above, I learned years ago to ditch the wallet on nights out. Cash held in various pockets and an emergency cash card in a zipped / buttoned pocket is the only way to go...

:welldone:

Archived