James Jeffries SOS your club needs you

championsleaguefan

championsleaguefan

Its JJ time come on it the only option I can see to the problem offer him good money a transfer war chest and he will come. Oh I and Vlad tell him you won't interfere. On second thoughts you tell JJ that Miko is on the team sheet would like to see the outcome of that Vlad getting scraped of the top of the main stand would be funny.:dribble:

Its JJ time come on it the only option I can see to the problem offer him good money a transfer war chest and he will come. Oh I and Vlad tell him you won't interfere. On second thoughts you tell JJ that Miko is on the team sheet would like to see the outcome of that Vlad getting scraped of the top of the main stand would be funny.:dribble:

So you think Jim would be quite happy at being about 6th or 7th choice,I think not.

championsleaguefan
So you think Jim would be quite happy at being about 6th or 7th choice,I think not.

That or stay at Killie and win the best pie awards for the 50 millionith year.

Or compete for real Cups with the Famous Jts.

Comon the Hearts I belive.

brellierlegend

Number 1 - JJ is a manager who works extremely well with a shoestring budget. When he got a transfer war chest we signed the likes of Petric. He is not good with lots of money.

Number 2 - Why can't people get this in their heads? VLAD WILL NEVER STOP INTERFERING! A man like JJ would not come to Hearts and work with 70% control.

That or stay at Killie and win the best pie awards for the 50 millionith year.

Or compete for real Cups with the Famous Jts.

Comon the Hearts I belive.

They do have good pies though!!!

peebles jambo
Number 1 - JJ is a manager who works extremely well with a shoestring budget. When he got a transfer war chest we signed the likes of Petric. He is not good with lots of money.

Number 2 - Why can't people get this in their heads? VLAD WILL NEVER STOP INTERFERING! A man like JJ would not come to Hearts and work with 70% control.

no decent manager with his own mind would work for mad fid

Why don't we go for Bobby Moncur instead?

i am so desperate for a manager i would take almost anyone but the return of jj would be a mistake

I accept that Petric and the disgrace that was Fitzroy Simpson were shockers but they're always brought up. To balance the equation I also give you Cameron, Weir, McCann, Niemi, Hamilton who I think we'd be pretty happy with these days.

I accept that Petric and the disgrace that was Fitzroy Simpson were shockers but they're always brought up. To balance the equation I also give you Cameron, Weir, McCann, Niemi, Hamilton who I think we'd be pretty happy with these days.

Exactly!! Petric, Eskillson and a couple of others were a mistake...Jim Jefferies admitted that in the book *All Heart*. But give the guy credit for the fantastic signigns he made...Cameron...McCann...Hamilton...Rousset...Adam...Flogel...Fulton...need I go on? I'd have JJ back in a minute!

Lynn

CornhillHearts

"Why can't people A man like JJ would not come to Hearts and work with 70% control."

Oh yes he would, even if he is on holiday

Guest jambomickey

jim jefferies wouldn't stand for a paranoid buisnessman who's never played or had any managerial experience telling him how to do his job from his coward hideaway in lithuania.

Smoked-Glass

JJ with money?

Kevin James Gordan Petric Leigh jenkenson Lee Makel.

Frankenstein Jambo.
JJ with money?

Kevin James Gordan Petric Leigh jenkenson Lee Makel.

Lee makel was a good player, he also bought neimi

Frankenstein Jambo.
What's he done since left us? Sacked by Bradford and hardly set the heather on fire at Killie.

Bradford was a poisend challenge and killie are, and alway will be, a mid-table team so jefferies is doing a decent job down there

Jamboscanbevicius

I'm not particularly keen to see JJ back. Although I would settle for it at the moment.

I personally think we has done a VERY good job at Killie though. He has no budget at all and with the exception of last season he has managed to compete pretty well.

For those of you who are knocking what he has done at Killie - how many teams of that standard can lose their top scorers two seasons in a row (Naismith and Boyd) without struggling regardless of who manages them?

Drylaw Hearts
linus.png

We need security.

We need a safe pair of hands.

We need someone with a passion for Hearts back in charge.

We need security.

We need a safe pair of hands.

We need someone with a passion for Hearts back in charge.

Yes, yes, no.

shaun.lawson
linus.png

Yes - but if now isn't the time for a security blanket, when on earth would be?

Don't get me wrong, I understand your reasons for not wanting him. But I get the feeling you're still holding out on us appointing some ambitious visionary who gets us back in the top 3 immediately, challenging for and winning Cups and going on to threaten the OF too. Sorry, but it's just not going to happen. If we don't make a decent appointment, we're heading for the bottom six, maybe even a relegation battle - and JJ's passion for the club would unite the fans, and enable us to start gradually rebuilding from the bottom upwards.

Horses for courses, in other words - because it isn't Summer 2005 any more. Indeed, it's looking more like the mid-1970s with every passing week.

Why not bh ?

Because managerial and coaching skills are more important qualities than "being a Hearts man". There seems to be some sort of clamour for one of "our own" to be appointed, ffs some have suggested getting back wee Doddie?!?!?!!

C*lt!c fans moan about WGS not being "C*lt!c minded" even though he is the first manager since Stein to win the league three times on the bounce. I simply feel we should be above that sort of nonsense.

I want a manager, if it was a straight choice between Jefferies and Zygmantovic then I would pick Jefferies however he would not be a manager I would approach.

Yes - but if now isn't the time for a security blanket, when on earth would be?

Don't get me wrong, I understand your reasons for not wanting him. But I get the feeling you're still holding out on us appointing some ambitious visionary who gets us back in the top 3 immediately, challenging for and winning Cups and going on to threaten the OF too. Sorry, but it's just not going to happen. If we don't make a decent appointment, we're heading for the bottom six, maybe even a relegation battle - and JJ's passion for the club would unite the fans, and enable us to start gradually rebuilding from the bottom upwards.

Horses for courses, in other words - because it isn't Summer 2005 any more. Indeed, it's looking more like the mid-1970s with every passing week.

Well, your "feeling" is incorrect.

The last time we had this debate you ignored my opinion and just made up the whole opulent expenditure and throwing good money after bad tirade. I would challenge you to find something I posted that stated that we needed to be catapulted to the top three in an instant if I thought there was a remote chance I had said something like that.

JJ had his day, I loved him as Hearts manager. I simply do not think it would be a good idea to bring him back. Those looking for Jefferies, McDonald, Dave Mackay, Gary Mackay, John Robertson as manager sadden me.

Oh, and a security blanket is something that is used by the weak and the vulnerable. It does not protect you from anything, it only gives the weak and the vulnerable a feeling of protection.

As an aside, when I projected a lowly finish for the season 2007/2008 you questioned me. I projected (IIRC) fifth and you could not believe that I honestly believed that without a manager we would flounder as low as fifth. It just shows you how a year without a manager can change your view. :)

Archived