Music After Goals

Dave Ross

Is it just me who hates this.

1966 - They think it's all over, and on come The Kinks

1970 - Carlos Alberto scores the best team goal ever and what a tune by The Doors

1978 - Archie Gemmell scores a screamer and Queen belts out

1986 - What an amazing goal by Maradona and Duran Duran gets played

Anyone see my point?

Hope they don't do it for the final. We're not f****** Yanks.

rudi must stay
Is it just me who hates this.

1966 - They think it's all over, and on come The Kinks

1970 - Carlos Alberto scores the best team goal ever and what a tune by The Doors

1978 - Archie Gemmell scores a screamer and Queen belts out

1986 - What an amazing goal by Maradona and Duran Duran gets played

Anyone see my point?

Hope they don't do it for the final. We're not f****** Yanks.

hate it is as well. Not as much as when they put on music two seconds before kick-off though. What's the point in that? :confused:

Do The Dance

Hate music after goals. Should be left to cheering of fans, then after about 30 seconds, name of goalscorer and minute of the goal by stadium announcer.

Dirk Diggler

Seem to remember the Fratellis once or twice (5 times) at the piggery last season as the tinks ran riot. :sad:

Better than listening to the usual 'Ooh ah up the 'ra' though, I suppose.

:cool:

this_is_my_story

Rumour has it that next season, Hibernian FC are to blast out YMCA, or anything by Right Said Fred, immediately after any goal by the home team at Easter Road Stadium.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Rumour has it that next season, Hibernian FC are to blast out YMCA, or anything by Right Said Fred, immediately after any goal by the home team at Easter Road Stadium.

Anything is an improvement on those two ginger feckwits that they use at the minute! :)

Oxford City

I hate it more than just about anything. It sums up the 'packaging' of football at a high level - making it an 'experience' while stopping the fans from actually celebrating. It should be banned.

Nelly Terraces

I'll see you that and raise you f****g blaring music after cup finals drowning out any singing or celebrations from fans.

Did we not have to put up with those blunts U ****ing 2 after the last final? WTF do we want to hear Boner and those other dix warbling about when we've just landed a trophy? Absolutely does my box in quite frankly. There's just no need for it. Of course, those in charge think us all too stupid to be able to enjoy OURSELVES and think we need to be hand fed (and I ****ing hate this phrase) 'an experience' (just sounds totally gay) to enable us to have a good time.

In short, this is all to do with the every growing and insidious subjugation of football fans by the authorities in this country in which crowds of (in the main) young(ish) men gather to create their own unique atmosphere, this is what they’re scared of, not being in control. By drip feeding this bloody awful music to us they are taking control of the situation and indeed football fans, instead of CREATING what the ***** in charge would term ‘experience’ are having now to take part in one artificially made up for them by asinine fools who run our game.

Pants Shaton

The loud music during the cup winning celebration was more annoying. You couldn't get a proper Hearts song on the go because the rancid pile of excrement that is 'You get what you give' was playing.

I'll see you that and raise you f****g blaring music after cup finals drowning out any singing or celebrations from fans.

Did we not have to put up with those blunts U ****ing 2 after the last final? WTF do we want to hear Boner and those other dix warbling about when we've just landed a trophy? Absolutely does my box in quite frankly. There's just no need for it. Of course, those in charge think us all too stupid to be able to enjoy OURSELVES and think we need to be hand fed (and I ****ing hate this phrase) 'an experience' (just sounds totally gay) to enable us to have a good time.

In short, this is all to do with the every growing and insidious subjugation of football fans by the authorities in this country in which crowds of (in the main) young(ish) men gather to create their own unique atmosphere, this is what they?re scared of, not being in control. By drip feeding this bloody awful music to us they are taking control of the situation and indeed football fans, instead of CREATING what the ***** in charge would term ?experience? are having now to take part in one artificially made up for them by asinine fools who run our game.

That's the sort of post that can kill a thread because it pretty well sums it up.

I also hate the full volume music played right up until kick off. The music goes off then ....... silence. So that really helped getting the atmosphere going right enough.

It could be worse though, one time at Ibrox I noticed they actually had the words of the songs coming up on the big screens in a karaoke stylee.

The only thing that is missing is getting an organist to play a ditty whilst the game is stopped due to an injury.

The People's Chimp

In short, this is all to do with the every growing and insidious subjugation of football fans by the authorities in this country in which crowds of (in the main) young(ish) men gather to create their own unique atmosphere, this is what they?re scared of, not being in control. By drip feeding this bloody awful music to us they are taking control of the situation and indeed football fans, instead of CREATING what the ***** in charge would term ?experience? are having now to take part in one artificially made up for them by asinine fools who run our game.

It really is disgusting. That scene at the final was a disgrace.

100% spot on.

Oh, and scott wilson, take note.

Pants Shaton
It really is disgusting. That scene at the final was a disgrace.

100% spot on.

Oh, and scott wilson, take note.

Relive the glorious moments after the penalties:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omFdpnSu57U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91WgM6dNLTE

There is one song worse than 'Beautiful day' and they managed to find it.

Choosing those songs to drown out Hearts fans - the biggest '****** you' from the GFA yet?

PS: If Scott Wilson is reading, please ditch the other 'Beautiful Day' by those whining, middle-class white boys with greasy dreads, dog-on-a-string, 'traveller' wannabes - it is embarrassing.

Relive the glorious moments after the penalties:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omFdpnSu57U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91WgM6dNLTE

There is one song worse than 'Beautiful day' and they managed to find it.

Choosing those songs to drown out Hearts fans - the biggest '****** you' from the GFA yet?

PS: If Scott Wilson is reading, please ditch the other 'Beautiful Day' by those whining, middle-class white boys with greasy dreads, dog-on-a-string, 'traveller' wannabes - it is embarrassing.

Quality band.Quality song.Bet you were creaming it when Take That got back together!!!

Nelly Terraces
Quality band.Quality song.Bet you were creaming it when Take That got back together!!!

No. ***** band, ***** song, ***** people, ***** fans.

In short - *****.

Did you enjoy it after the cup final? If so, then you are one sick puppy.

Cheers.

The Music Doctor.

No. ***** band, ***** song, ***** people, ***** fans.

In short - *****.

Did you enjoy it after the cup final? If so, then you are one sick puppy.

Cheers.

The Music Doctor.

I wasn't talking about U2.Witch Doctor

Pants Shaton
I wasn't talking about U2.Witch Doctor

levellers.gif

Don't know about ejaculating at the prospect of Take That reforming but, looking at that picture, suddenly fills me with a sense of achievement in owning an indoor bath.

levellers.gif

Don't know about ejaculating at the prospect of Take That reforming but, looking at that picture, suddenly fills me with a sense of achievement in owning an indoor bath.[/QUOTe

They have invented a thing called a shower!!!!!

Smoked-Glass

the music is not whats needed when we score. Need to hear the cheering of the goal makes it seem more of an arena.

Imagine if the gladiators of Rome had had music everytime, awful.

Nelly Terraces
levellers.gif

Don't know about ejaculating at the prospect of Take That reforming but' date=' looking at that picture, suddenly fills me with a sense of achievement in owning an indoor bath.[/QUOTe

They have invented a thing called a shower!!!!![/quote']

Pity these stinking trustafarian tramps don't know how to use one.

Glad everyone's agreed. Don't want this watered down version of football to continue.

Football's a natural raw game not in need of gimmicks like other inferior sports.

Archived