Hidden Figures.

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

What a beautiful film.Just watched it 

These black woman where hidden heroes of the US space race, one was  instrumental in successfully  creating the maths for  a safe return of  a manned space flight, that would lead to the US landing a men on the moon.

And to think they had to suffer all those prejudices too because of the colour of their skin.

Three brilliant African-American women at NASA -- Katherine Johnson (Taraji P. Henson), Dorothy Vaughan (Octavia Spencer) and Mary Jackson (Janelle Monáe) -- serve as the brains behind one of the greatest operations in history: the launch of astronaut John Glenn (Glen Powell) into orbit, a stunning achievement that restored the nation's confidence, turned around the Space Race and galvanized the world.

71leqITqKEL._SY550_[1].jpg

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Never went to the moon. 

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

correct :thumbsup:

Just noticed who the OP is.

I thought he would have been in our camp :lol:

15 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Just noticed who the OP is.

I thought he would have been in our camp :lol:

ML is quite space/universe nuts. Always felt it contradicted his conspiracy/government controls everyone views. 

Entertaining poster by all accounts and I enjoy his threads. 

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

ML is quite space/universe nuts. Always felt it contradicted his conspiracy/government controls everyone views. 

Entertaining poster by all accounts and I enjoy his threads. 

Sometimes there's just  no  arguments when it comes to cold hard scientific facts and data and the moon landings provide them in detail. Not saying i understand most of it  but its there in NASAS scientific apollo papers.

Seems like a lot of palava if it's all a hoax.

No disrespect intended to you personally and thanks for the kind words .

I could  post the mission audio that the 3 astronauts went through lasting 143 hours?

Or the detailed mission reports?

Then again, what about those pictures they took of the Earth corresponding to the exact path taken....

http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/CATM/ch4/a13/ch4_5.html

Quite how anyone can ignore such stunning and 100% consistent evidence is completely beyond me. Then again, that's what conspiracy theorists get accused off  is it not.

Some even suggest they went in flying saucers:laugh:

deesidejambo
2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Sometimes there's just  no  arguments when it comes to cold hard scientific facts and data and the moon landings provide them in detail. Not saying i understand most of it  but its there in NASAS scientific apollo papers.

Seems like a lot of palava if it's all a hoax.

No disrespect intended to you personally and thanks for the kind words .

I could  post the mission audio that the 3 astronauts went through lasting 143 hours?

Or the detailed mission reports?

Then again, what about those pictures they took of the Earth corresponding to the exact path taken....

http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/CATM/ch4/a13/ch4_5.html

Quite how anyone can ignore such stunning and 100% consistent evidence is completely beyond me. Then again, that's what conspiracy theorists get accused off  is it not.

Some even suggest they went in flying saucers:laugh:

You forgot the LRO photos

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

These black woman where hidden heroes of the US space race, one was  instrumental in successfully  creating the maths for  a safe return of  a manned space flight, that would lead to the US landing a men on the moon.

And to think they had to suffer all those prejudices too because of the colour of their skin.

Three brilliant African-American women at NASA -- Katherine Johnson (Taraji P. Henson), Dorothy Vaughan (Octavia Spencer) and Mary Jackson (Janelle Monáe) -- serve as the brains behind one of the greatest operations in history: the launch of astronaut John Glenn (Glen Powell) into orbit, a stunning achievement that restored the nation's confidence, turned around the Space Race and galvanized the world.

Great film, really enjoyed it.

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Never went to the moon. 

:spoton:

Look why can't we just accept the moon landings are real .

There is as ML says shit loads of data to back this up.

Just as there's loads of evidence to back up how two planes brought down all those reinfored concrete buildings and shattered them into dust.

:ninja:

3 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

I agree.  Superb movie, and it brilliantly showed the extent of racial prejudice in the USA even in the 1960s.  

Highly recommend the movie to anyone who hasn't seen it.

deesidejambo
16 minutes ago, jake said:

Just as there's loads of evidence to back up how two planes brought down all those reinfored concrete buildings and shattered them into dust.

As Einstein Saïd - 

There are two things that are infinite -

The size of the Universe, and human stupidity, but I’m not so certain about the first one.

luckyBatistuta
19 minutes ago, jake said:

I hate all the conspiracy theory stuff that always knocks about, but for me, nobody from Earth  has ever stepped foot on the moon.

deesidejambo
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I hate all the conspiracy theory stuff that always knocks about, but for me, nobody from Earth  has ever stepped foot on the moon.

How do you explain the LRO photos then?

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, deesidejambo said:

How do you explain the LRO photos then?

How do you prove that they are 100% legit?

If it’s that easy to land on the moon, why have a floating space station. Why haven’t  we built a station on the moon, should be easy enough. Why aren’t we there right now exploring it?

maroonlegions
17 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I agree.  Superb movie, and it brilliantly showed the extent of racial prejudice in the USA even in the 1960s.  

Highly recommend the movie to anyone who hasn't seen it.

:thumbsup:

maroonlegions
14 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

If it’s that easy to land on the moon, why have a floating space station. Why haven’t  we built a station on the moon, should be easy enough. Why aren’t we there right now exploring it?

The fact that there is a LRO that it has  taken images of the surface of the moon including the apollo landing sites is a clue.

The vacuum of space is a fairly hostile place.

The next generation of space exploration to the Moon is long duration and setting up bases.

We've already been on short duration missions. To go back is a proposed longer stay issue and different challenges. Someone has to stump up the money to solve the safety issues for radiation exposure of months rather than a couple of weeks. Someone has to stump up the money to do the development...testing and build of lunar specific crafts...docking mechanisms....appropriate training... reconnaissance etc

Quote:

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

The fact that there is a LRO that it has  taken images of the surface of the moon including the apollo landing sites is a clue.

The vacuum of space is a fairly hostile place.

The next generation of space exploration to the Moon is long duration and setting up bases.

We've already been on short duration missions. To go back is a proposed longer stay issue and different challenges. Someone has to stump up the money to solve the safety issues for radiation exposure of months rather than a couple of weeks. Someone has to stump up the money to do the development...testing and build of lunar specific crafts...docking mechanisms....appropriate training... reconnaissance etc

Quote:

Who built the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter?  Who released these images from it?

The link doesn’t play, but the title on it makes me laugh. We can’t go back because we destroyed that technology...really???

deesidejambo
20 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

So you are of the view that all the LRO photos of the six landing sites, taken a few years ago, are all faked by a new generation of hundreds of NASA liars, along with Arizona State University who analysed the photos.

Americans eh?

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, deesidejambo said:

So you are of the view that all the LRO photos of the six landing sites, taken a few years ago, are all faked by a new generation of hundreds of NASA liars, along with Arizona State University who analysed the photos.

Americans eh?

Can you explain why we aren’t exploring it now, why we haven’t built a base on it. We managed to do it no problem with 60’s technology, so why can’t we do it now, have we not advanced our technology since then?

maroonlegions
11 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Who built the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter?  Who released these images from it?

The link doesn’t play, but the title on it makes me laugh. We can’t go back because we destroyed that technology...really???

Their onboard computer had the memory of a pocket calculator, their protective suits consisted of a few layers of foil. Add into that the controversial deaths of some of the astronauts in the program and the fact the soviets  didn't even attempt it. There's more evidence against the landings  than there is for it. No astronaut has been as far out in space or further since, that doesn't make any sense. 

deesidejambo
7 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Can you explain why we aren’t exploring it now, why we haven’t built a base on it. We managed to do it no problem with 60’s technology, so why can’t we do it now, have we not advanced our technology since then?

Yes I can explain.

we can do it now in fact the missions to return were cancelled by Obama due to cost cutting, but it is expected that Trump will restore funding to the Orion project.  Google it.

Now I have respectfully answered your request.   Now it’s your turn.  Please explain how and why NASA and ASU chose to launch the LRO with the objective of faking pictures of the six landing sites.

And while you are at it, explain why they faked it six times and also faked the Apollo 13 explosion.

In fact don’t bother!  Others can make their own minds up but you will spend your life in ignorance of what happened.

Yes I can explain.

we can do it now in fact the missions to return were cancelled by Obama due to cost cutting, but it is expected that Trump will restore funding to the Orion project.  Google it.

Now I have respectfully answered your request.   Now it’s your turn.  Please explain how and why NASA and ASU chose to launch the LRO with the objective of faking pictures of the six landing sites.

And while you are at it, explain why they faked it six times and also faked the Apollo 13 explosion.

In fact don’t bother!  Others can make their own minds up but you will spend your life in ignorance of what happened.

Maybe we could do it now, I believe there's no chance we could back in the sixties. 

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, deesidejambo said:

Yes I can explain.

Why you getting so upset mate, is nobody else allowed an opinion that differs from yours?

————————————————————————————————-

NASA's current rockets and space shuttles aren?t capable of surpassing low-Earth orbit to reach the moon with the amount of gear required for a manned expedition.

"The amount of rocket energy it takes to accelerate those kinds of payloads away from Earth doesn?t exist anymore," said Jeff Hanley, NASA's Constellation program manager. "It exited in the Apollo era with the Saturn V. Since that time this nation has retired that capability."

—————————————————————————————

Why aren’t their rockets more advanced than the 60’s? Why don’t they exist anymore? They’ve been retired...bring them out of retirement then. Why would you retire that capability anyway?

I’m happy to be convinced otherwise that it happened, as I’d love to believe it did, but I don’t.

deesidejambo
6 minutes ago, Judge Fudge said:

Their onboard computer had the memory of a pocket calculator, their protective suits consisted of a few layers of foil. Add into that the controversial deaths of some of the astronauts in the program and the fact the soviets  didn't even attempt it. There's more evidence against the landings  than there is for it. No astronaut has been as far out in space or further since, that doesn't make any sense. 

The computer was actually smaller than a calculator hence the reason they used the massive computers on earth to do the trajectory calculations then relayed the results to the capsule.

and you clearly have never seen the suits which were extremely thick and robust.

And the Soviets did attempt it but their rockets frequently exploded on take off so they cancelled their manned missions and went with mobile rovers, one of which was also photographed by the LRO

Apart from that your post is fine..   . 

deesidejambo
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Why you getting so upset mate, is nobody else allowed an opinion that differs from yours?

————————————————————————————————-

NASA's current rockets and space shuttles aren?t capable of surpassing low-Earth orbit to reach the moon with the amount of gear required for a manned expedition.

"The amount of rocket energy it takes to accelerate those kinds of payloads away from Earth doesn?t exist anymore," said Jeff Hanley, NASA's Constellation program manager. "It exited in the Apollo era with the Saturn V. Since that time this nation has retired that capability."

—————————————————————————————

Why aren’t their rockets more advanced than the 60’s? Why don’t they exist anymore? They’ve been retired...bring them out of retirement then. Why would you retire that capability anyway?

I’m happy to be convinced otherwise that it happened, as I’d love to believe it did, but I don’t.

I simply and politely asked you to explain why NASA and ASU  faked the LRO photos.   You believe they were faked so go with that if you want.

Let’s just agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, deesidejambo said:

As Einstein Saïd - 

There are two things that are infinite -

The size of the Universe, and human stupidity, but I’m not so certain about the first one.

Och mate I couldn't help myself.

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Don't those two statements contradict each other?  

For your second statement to be true, you would have to believe that thousands of people within NASA would be involved in a conspiracy of lying.

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, deesidejambo said:

I simply and politely asked you to explain why NASA and ASU  faked the LRO photos.   You believe they were faked so go with that if you want.

Let’s just agree to disagree.

No problem bud, I’ve no idea why they’d fake them, maybe to make sure the biggest coverup in their nations history doesn’t get out and let their citizens know they’ve been lied to all this time.  I’m not going to pretend I know, but all the information that everyone produces to prove that it happened, seems to come from the same people who have the most to lose if it was a coverup and was exposed. As I’ve said, I would like to believe it, so keep firing stuff up mate, as I’ll be happy to read/watch it :thumbsup:

The computer was actually smaller than a calculator hence the reason they used the massive computers on earth to do the trajectory calculations then relayed the results to the capsule.

and you clearly have never seen the suits which were extremely thick and robust.

And the Soviets did attempt it but their rockets frequently exploded on take off so they cancelled their manned missions and went with mobile rovers, one of which was also photographed by the LRO

Apart from that your post is fine..   . 

Just my personal opinion on the evidence available, you are entitled to yours. It is however well documented from former cosmonauts that the soviets didn't believe humans could survive the journey through the van Allen belt. The Americans also had their fare share of accidents and malfunctions in testing. It was a huge feather in the cap of nasa wasn't it. I have seen the suits, layer upon layer of foil. Also debunked by Soviet scientists. I suppose its all about who and what you believe. 

If any of you took the time to watch Men in Black 3, then you would realise that we’ve built a prison on the moon.

Jeez, do some research guys.

OK, I’ve had my pointless say and so I’ll let you all get back on with your conspiracy theories.

For what it’s worth I firmly believe that the moon landings were genuine.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

For your second statement to be true, you would have to believe that thousands of people within NASA would be involved in a conspiracy of lying.

They do, but I do hate it all. It doesn’t mean I’m a raving conspiracy theorist, just because there is one major event I don’t believe.

I’ve know idea how many would be involved. Everyone in that control could have easily been lied to, they were only watching and listening to the same stuff they were being fed, just the same as everyone else. Just because you work for an organisation, doesn’t mean you know everything that goes on within it.

Space Mackerel

27:30 into this video and watch Neil Armstrong refuse to swear on the bible that he went to the moon. Even for $5000 for charity.

Busted. 

5 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

They do, but I do hate it all. It doesn’t mean I’m a raving conspiracy theorist, just because there is one major event I don’t believe.

I’ve know idea how many would be involved. Everyone in that control could have easily been lied to, they were only watching and listening to the same stuff they were being fed, just the same as everyone else. Just because you work for an organisation, doesn’t mean you know everything that goes on within it.

I agree, nasa had in those days a military mentality, a need to know protocol. Nobody can argue that. Personally it makes no odds to me whether they went to the moon or not. American history in general is full of smoke and mirrors.

29 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

There's a blueprint for such things though.

9 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

27:30 into this video and watch Neil Armstrong refuse to swear on the bible that he went to the moon. Even for $5000 for charity.

Busted. 

That video is fake.  That wasn't Neil Armstrong, it was a paid actor.  Any other 'evidence' you show me will also be fake.  Any 'facts' you show me will be false.

See how easy it is?  :wink:

Hidden Figures is a great movie, btw.

5 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Hard luck, maroonlegions, your thread is being derailed.

Good movie based on a good book.

Geoff the Mince
14 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Busted. 

I see Neil Armstrong not wanting to engage with a raving nutjob !

You really are wired to the Moon ?

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

We????

If America hadn't been to the moon, Russia and China would have said something.

8 minutes ago, jake said:

Haha you missed.

Maple Leaf posted something which would piss off the conspiracy loons and I responded to him.

Do keep up.

Statts1976uk

The argument about not having the technology with the rockets anymore is a pretty sound one and comparable to why we are all not flying on holiday at supersonic speeds. We used to have the technology with Concorde and now to try and replicate to today’s standards we have to start from scratch and it’s likely to be years away from flying.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic

Archived