Towel radiators

jambotea

Looking to change two standard radiators to towel radiators. One radiator is 54cm by 69cm with a room BTU requirement of 1795 and the other is 44cm by 69cm with a BTU requirement of 1078. 

Looking at chrome finish standard look. 

Any plumbers on here able to ball park figure how much that should cost so I know how much I should be paying around? 

Thanks

15151729584771219295759.jpg

1515173016189161946361.jpg

1515173038902583996576.jpg

1515173053245197510926.jpg

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Won’t get as much heat. 

Apparently all down to BTU, what I'm reading is generally bigger towel radiators to equivalent radiator for same heat. 

Got a huge one in the family bathroom and  a not so huge one in my ensuite. I don't like them, they're just something else to clean. That said, I don't know where else I'd put bath towels. 

3 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Got a huge one in the family bathroom and  a not so huge one in my ensuite. I don't like them, they're just something else to clean. That said, I don't know where else I'd put bath towels. 

On the radiator?

I P Knightley
11 hours ago, IronJambo said:

You can get a hook on contraption on which you can hang your towels.

9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

On the radiator?

Two bath towels and a hand towel? Not likely.

9 hours ago, IMac said:

Do you have carpet in your bathroom? :boak:

Aye, bought a show home, it's on the list to change

Lots of opinions  so far on towel radiators but any plumbers on here could ballpark the cost please?

The price is going to depend on a number of factors. 

1. The quality of the towel rail, is it a cheap standard screwfix type or something more contemporary.

2. The pipes, you have 10mm Hep pipe coming in from the wall plate. When the towel rail goes on this will be more open and will look crappy(imo). You may want to get the plumber to move the pipes so they come straight out into the valves for the new towel rail. If you do this you will need a plasterer and decorator to tidy up the holes.

3. The type of Boiler/system you have. If it’s a sealed or combi system it will be cheaper but if its an open system it will cost more as the draining down and filling is more time consuming.

Also a towel rail doesn’t heat a space as effectively as a standard radiator. A radiator also convects heat but a towel rail only radiates heat.

Archived