3 year old killed.

Tams bird

TODDLER DIES IN HIGHLAND SHOW TRAGEDY

A child has died following an accident at the Royal Highland Show. The three-year-old boy was taken to The Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh with serious head injuries following the incident, which happened at around 1.30pm, within the Ingilston showground. Details remain sketchy but it appears the child was playing near concrete bollards when the incident happened. Despite the efforts of medical staff, he passed away at around 2.50pm. Police and safety officer from Edinburgh Council are investigating. Police are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the incident to come forward. They can contact Lothian and Borders Police on (0131) 311 3131. The child's identity won't be released until next of kin have been informed.

You've got to wonder where his next of kin were, accidents happen and it's tragic, but you'd expect a three year old to be at the Highland Show with his parents.

Is it the sort of place a carer takes a toddler? Maybe a grandparent I suppose...

It would appear so but even so pretty poor parenting allowing a 3 year old to play in a car park unsupervised whilst your at the exhibition area

All the same it probably would have happened anyway

There was a picture in the EEN which was pretty poor taste, it had a picture of the bollard cordoned off with barriers covered in RBS advertising posters, surely the cops had something a bit more appropiate

It would appear so but even so pretty poor parenting allowing a 3 year old to play in a car park unsupervised whilst your at the exhibition area

There was a picture in the EEN which was pretty poor taste, it had a picture of the bollard cordoned off with barriers covered in RBS advertising posters, surely the cops had something a bit more appropiate

with all due respect you seriously can't stand over your child whilst they are playing, this seems to be a tragic accident that no one could prevent.

with all due respect you seriously can't stand over your child whilst they are playing, this seems to be a tragic accident that no one could prevent.

No but you dont take a child to the other side of the country then leave them to go off with other toddlers and play in a car park unsupervised

I am guessing that there exhibition wasnt in the middle of the car park so the child seems to have been left to its own devices in what is a dangerous environment whilst the parents got on with it, that is poor parenting im afraid

That aside the fact is even if they had been yards away they probably couldnt have prevented it, but you dont let kids play in car parks

The Old Tolbooth
No but you dont take a child to the other side of the country then leave them to go off with other toddlers and play in a car park unsupervised

I am guessing that there exhibition wasnt in the middle of the car park so the child seems to have been left to its own devices in what is a dangerous environment whilst the parents got on with it, that is poor parenting im afraid

That aside the fact is even if they had been yards away they probably couldnt have prevented it, but you dont let kids play in car parks

To be honest mate, when you have kids, you cant keep an eye on them 24/7, like the prefect parent would have you believe.

I know you don't have kids Prancer, but when you do, you might appreciate a little better just how difficult it is to actually keep an eye on them all the time, it just doesn't happen, and anyone that says it does is a liar!

I don't know if this makes sense to you or not, but to a parent I'm quite sure it will.

Fair enough, we don't know the circumstances, it may have been they popped into their van for 2mins, the kid decided to play near the bollard that caused the accident.

My daughter was playing in my mums garden last night and got bitten (not badly) by a neighbours dog that ventured into the garden.

I was not there... that doesn't make me a bad parent.

All i'm basically saying is that you can turn your back for a second...... and the unthinkable can happen.

Fair enough, we don't know the circumstances, it may have been they popped into their van for 2mins, the kid decided to play near the bollard that caused the accident.

My daughter was playing in my mums garden last night and got bitten (not badly) by a neighbours dog that ventured into the garden.

I was not there... that doesn't make me a bad parent.

All i'm basically saying is that you can turn your back for a second...... and the unthinkable can happen.

I know what your saying but the facts confirmed are 1 ) family from england 2) family displaying items 3) only other person present at time other young child 4) this was in car park away from exhibition area 5 ) medical services arrived before parents

All of these lead me to suggest the parents where neglient in their care of the boy and sadly they have paid a very heavy price for that

I know what your saying but the facts confirmed are 1 ) family from england 2) family displaying items 3) only other person present at time other young child 4) this was in car park away from exhibition area 5 ) medical services arrived before parents

All of these lead me to suggest the parents where neglient in their care of the boy and sadly they have paid a very heavy price for that

We'll never know the full story, unfortuntely the papers are known to exaggerate the truth, speaking from recent articles published concerning a friend of my family.

Don't really think that was their top priority to be honest. Obviously it would have been yours. That is probably why you wouldn't be a suitable cop.

Without knowing the full circumstances your statement is crass and un sympathetic in the extreme.

Jesus Prancer, is there anything you don't have an (usually wrong) opinion on.

Instead of just reading the story and thinking "**** me, that's a real shame that, I'm glad ti wasn't anyone I know/cousin/brother/son/daughter you start having a go at the parents.

After you finish having a go at the parents you start having a go at the Evening News photographers or editors or journos.

If you are so perfect then why aren't yo out finding a cure for cancer or saving the world or something?

Seriously

European Jambos Mum
Jesus Prancer, is there anything you don't have an (usually wrong) opinion on.

Instead of just reading the story and thinking "**** me, that's a real shame that, I'm glad ti wasn't anyone I know/cousin/brother/son/daughter you start having a go at the parents.

After you finish having a go at the parents you start having a go at the Evening News photographers or editors or journos.

If you are so perfect then why aren't yo out finding a cure for cancer or saving the world or something?

Seriously

:bravo:

To be honest mate, when you have kids, you cant keep an eye on them 24/7, like the prefect parent would have you believe.

I know you don't have kids Prancer, but when you do, you might appreciate a little better just how difficult it is to actually keep an eye on them all the time, it just doesn't happen, and anyone that says it does is a liar!

I don't know if this makes sense to you or not, but to a parent I'm quite sure it will.

Not a parent but with 2 young nephews i cant agree with you more.

Jam Tarts 1874

You can't supervise the kids all the time, however the car park and feeder tracks to the car park around Ingliston during the Highland Show are very busy. No child should be unattended in such circumstances, you wouldn't allow your 3 year old to play next to a busy road in the town.

Archived