Interview JJ Now!!!!!

Tynie1969

I am getting so frustrated with this latest debacle. Bring Jefferies in now. Lockey as assistant. Robbo as Striking coach. Get the team back on it's feet, and at least for a season or two get some kind of stability into the club. This might make the Hearts job an attractive prospect once again instead of the laughing stock it has so obviously become.

Romanov = Idiot.

PS What kind of a squad are we going to have for next season. No players mentioned, and no players signed. None of the dead wood gone. Here we go again.

Gillsland jack

Brilliant idea, lets get JJ and lockie and Robbo, all problems will be solved in time for the weekend, brilliant, cheered me up no end this has...:dribble:

Jam Tarts 1874
I am getting so frustrated with this latest debacle. Bring Jefferies in now. Lockey as assistant. Robbo as Striking coach. Get the team back on it's feet, and at least for a season or two get some kind of stability into the club. This might make the Hearts job an attractive prospect once again instead of the laughing stock it has so obviously become.

Romanov = Idiot.

PS What kind of a squad are we going to have for next season. No players mentioned, and no players signed. None of the dead wood gone. Here we go again.

I don't disagree at all with any of the names mentioned.

Looking at things from a different perspective though, with all the anger directed at Romanov and all the marchers with their pitch-forks gearing up for a crusade into Vilnius with every Romanov decision, why would Romanov pick someone with a strong Hearts connection?

We can all see how Jeffries would make the fans feel alot better and I'm sure that we would see a significant improvement in many of the player's level of performance. However if you are Romanov, your mind is going back to Pressley hosting the Riccarton 3 press conference. It just feels like Romanov could not be comfortable with a manager who the fans would be likely to fully back in any possible future dispute.

I'm not saying Romanov is necessarily looking for a yes man, but maybe he doesn't want one whom the fans will identify strongly with.

Gerd Muller

I agree, I want JJ, locke and Robbo in before some solvakian guy.

So simple isn't it? ...and it would lead to a big increase in season ticket sales, yet Romaknob is still letting his ego get in the way in arresting a slide that has seen us finish double our league placing in each of his three full seasons of ownership with the club. 2nd..4th..8th, what next 16th?

Narrow minded IMO.

Your displeasure is not with Weiss but "some slovakian guy". Come on and say you don't like his record, come on and say you are wary of his English language skills or come on and say you are worried about the fact he is untried in Scotland but to blame his nationality is bizarre IMO.

Especially considering your user name. Is there a list of nationalities that you would like Hearts to consider?

Said it before, I will say it again, JJ is a security blanket.

Romanov = Idiot.

I JJ comes back, I doubt whether I will get much use from my new season book...

Guest jambomickey

could do a lot worse than jim jefferies, i'd take him in a minute at least we know we'd be getting a man with passion for the club who wouldn't stand for lack of effort from players

PresidentRomanov

Jim Jefferies - along with Alex MacDonald - is my most favourite Hearts manager of all time, I worshipped the man, but bringing him back would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

As for Robbo, the man is nothing but an arse.

He'd be better waiting till Mixu gets the boot, and try and tout himself for the Hibs job again.

As for Robbo, the man is nothing but an arse.

Not big on Hearts LEGENDS are you ? What a fa**y.

PresidentRomanov
Not big on Hearts LEGENDS are you ? What a fa**y.

He's not the only Hearts legend I've no time for :)

Robbo scored alot of goals for Hearts, because he was well paid to do so, doesn't mean to say he isn't an arse.

Drylaw Hearts
Jefferies has done nothing in 10 years. He would do nothing if we took him in.

Harsh.

We finished 3rd under JJ in 1999/2000.

And he's done a decent job at Killie under large financial constraints.

Walter Kidd
Harsh.

We finished 3rd under JJ in 1999/2000.

And he's done a decent job at Killie under large financial constraints.

DH

You and I could argue over this until we were both blue in the face mate. It's my thoughts on the subject and I will say no more.

He's not the only Hearts legend I've no time for :)

Erm, aye that was my point, thankfully you are in the massive minority. Robbo would not be my choice in any management team but like the legend Steven Pressley I have always found him to be a great guy. Maybe it's just that you're a tube and they don't suffer fools gladly ;)

As much as I like JJ, I really don't think it would be a good idea, I have a bad feeling that if he did come back it would end in tears and I'd like to have happy memories of him!

I also think it would be a huge step backwards and we need to look forward, JJ is the easy option and Vlad will know that, but I feel he wants something different and maybe it won't work out, but I think something different will be more exciting, if it happens of course!!

PresidentRomanov
Erm, aye that was my point, thankfully you are in the massive minority. Robbo would not be my choice in any management team but like the legend Steven Pressley I have always found him to be a great guy. Maybe it's just that you're a tube and they don't suffer fools gladly ;)

Robbo is a Hearts legend, I've just never liked him, always been too keen on keeping a foot in the Hibs camp, and If it had worked out at Newcastle, he wouldn't have scored half the goals he did, but a Hearts legend all the same.

Pressley isn't.

Drylaw Hearts
DH

You and I could argue over this until we were both blue in the face mate. It's my thoughts on the subject and I will say no more.

I know WK.

But I look around at what other options we have and there is nobody else that really sticks out.

We've desperate.

Drylaw Hearts
Robbo is a Hearts legend, I've just never liked him, always been too keen on keeping a foot in the Hibs camp, and If it had worked out at Newcastle, he wouldn't have scored half the goals he did, but a Hearts legend all the same.

Pressley isn't.

To those who aren't blinded by sheer stupidity Pressley is a Hearts legend.

PresidentRomanov
To those who aren't blinded by sheer stupidity Pressley is a Hearts legend.

No he isn't :)

Walter Kidd

All it takes is 7 words from our **** of a leader "I will not interfere in team selection".

Terrible thing to say, but if Vlad died would the debt and ownership die with him?

Pressley isn't.

Top goalscorer ever against the Hobos was a great way of keeping a foot in the Hibs camp right enough.

If he'd been a success at Newcastle, of course he would have scored just as many goals. He'd have just scored them for Newcastle instead:confused:

From memory I'm pretty sure he didn't ask to leave and was happy to come back.

Have no idea what he's like as a person but he was the best goalscorer I've seen play for Hearts.

Dirk Diggler
Does anybody know if JJ wants the job or if he's spoken with Hearts at all?

I've heard JJ never made it on to any 'shortlist' because VR was told by the previous incumbent of our football club that, and I quote, 'he couldn't be trusted.'

I have also heard that in January, Jefferies told a member of his staff, and again I quote, 'If they're willing to pay Christian *****ing Nade 18k a week, what the ***** will they pay me?'

If JJ was coming, and I'm not sure it would be a good move for either party, it would have happened by now, imo.

Charlie-Brown
I've heard JJ never made it on to any 'shortlist' because VR was told by the previous incumbent of our football club that, and I quote, 'he couldn't be trusted.'

I have also heard that in January, Jefferies told a member of his staff, and again I quote, 'If they're willing to pay Christian *****ing Nade 18k a week, what the ***** will they pay me?'

If JJ was coming, and I'm not sure it would be a good move for either party, it would have happened by now, imo.

If that's true then it probably means that Pieman was bitter at giving JJ a big pay-off to terminate his contract whilst at the same time JJ was lining up the Bradford job?

PresidentRomanov
Top goalscorer ever against the Hobos was a great way of keeping a foot in the Hibs camp right enough.

If he'd been a success at Newcastle, of course he would have scored just as many goals. He'd have just scored them for Newcastle instead:confused:

From memory I'm pretty sure he didn't ask to leave and was happy to come back.

Have no idea what he's like as a person but he was the best goalscorer I've seen play for Hearts.

He was the best goalscorer I've seen play for Hearts too.

He scored the goals against Hibs because he was paid to, if Hibs had signed him, he'd have scored them against Hearts quite happily too :)

And I think we both know I was talking about goals for Hearts ;)

Charlie-Brown
Of course he is.

He's behind you.....oh no he's not, oh yes he is.........JKB pantomime. :)

scott herbertson

That has a ring of truth to me.Would not be surprised at all, esp about the former statement

Fat Striker

To be fair I'd wonder the same thing!

Jefferies has done nothing in 10 years. He would do nothing if we took him in.

And who do you suggest for the job? Who would make you happy?

Take time to think about it then wonder whether or not your pick would touch Vlad with a bargepole.

How ****ing arrogant are you that 'WE SHOULD TAKE HIM IN'? He is not destitute and even if he was he would have the integrity to tell Vlad to shove it up his arse.

Walter Kidd
And who do you suggest for the job? Who would make you happy?

Take time to think about it then wonder whether or not your pick would touch Vlad with a bargepole.

How ****ing arrogant are you that 'WE SHOULD TAKE HIM IN'? He is not destitute and even if he was he would have the integrity to tell Vlad to shove it up his arse.

Why don't you go and fling ****e at yourself?

Brilliant idea, lets get JJ and lockie and Robbo, all problems will be solved in time for the weekend, brilliant, cheered me up no end this has...:dribble:

No chance of them being in place for the weekend, there would still be the 8 days of negotiations to go through first mate:wacko:

He scored the goals against Hibs because he was paid to, if Hibs had signed him, he'd have scored them against Hearts quite happily too :)

Would that have been because he had been paid to do that as well? :rolleyes:

:rofl:

Oh and its no surprise to once again see you on the wind-up. :wacko:

He was the best goalscorer I've seen play for Hearts too.

And I think we both know I was talking about goals for Hearts ;)

You're absolutely right he scored goals for Hearts because he was paid to. But it's the fact that he scored more than anyone else who was paid to do so, that makes him special.:)

PresidentRomanov
You're absolutely right he scored goals for Hearts because he was paid to. But it's the fact that he scored more than anyone else who was paid to do so, that makes him special.:)

I agree, but it doesn't make him a Hearts man, and it certainly doesn't make him the answer to our current problems.

I agree, but it doesn't make him a Hearts man, and it certainly doesn't make him the answer to our current problems.

I agree he's not the answer to our managerial problems. I just think your a bit harsh on the fact that he supported Hibs when he was younger. There's nothing in his career, or since as far as I'm aware, that indicates that he's ever given anything less than his full commitment to Hearts.

I suppose that's why I can't understand your apparent dislike (may be too strong a word) for him.

Some completely harsh criticism of Robbo on this thread. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

(He was a pretty gash manager right enough but he should never have been appointed at the time).

Robbo lives in Inverness now with his new partner so he won't be back.

Has Lockie got any coaching certificates?

As for JJ, if he loves us so much, why did he leave for Bradford, taking nearly ?1m with him?

If we are looking for ex-Jambos for coaches, I would prefer Sandy Clark or Kenny Black.

Charlie-Brown
Robbo lives in Inverness now with his new partner so he won't be back.

Has Lockie got any coaching certificates?

As for JJ, if he loves us so much, why did he leave for Bradford, taking nearly ?1m with him?

If we are looking for ex-Jambos for coaches, I would prefer Sandy Clark or Kenny Black.

Interesting choices - I certainly think they could be coaches at Hearts I doubt either of them is ready to be manager at Hearts right now - Kenny Black is still too early in his coaching career and Super-Sandy would have to prove himself somewhere else first.......Sandy Clark now that's what I call a Hero! :)

Sandy Clark now that's what I call a Hero! :)

Now that I agree with. His dink over the Rangers keeper with one boot on is still one of my favorite Hearts goals. I also loved his back post header at Fester in a 3-1 victory. Happy days.

Toxteth O'Grady

In terms of Hearts history

John Robertson = The man who scored more goals for Hearts than anyone else, the Hammer of the Hobos, a legend.

PickyBum = a fart in the wind.

portobellojambo1
Surely, if it was a route Vlad wanted to go. It would have been the phone call after the McGee thing when tits up.

For this reason, I don't think it will happen.

Also wonder how JJ would feel about being 4th choice or whatever it would be?

I think it may have been "on the cards" if Romanov hadn't decided to take over the role of "manager finder". Not immediately after McGhee, but certainly next in line, but we went off on a completely different search.

Now I would imagine it is a non starter.

And as for the final highlighted bit. everybody we look at now is in the same boat, they will know they are not really the person we wanted. But we have now been backed into a corner, or maybe more accurately backed ourselves into a corner, where it is now a case of get anyone who will take it.

Jam Tarts 1874
Interesting choices - I certainly think they could be coaches at Hearts I doubt either of them is ready to be manager at Hearts right now - Kenny Black is still too early in his coaching career and Super-Sandy would have to prove himself somewhere else first.......Sandy Clark now that's what I call a Hero! :)

Sandy Clark has already had one not so successful go at managing Hearts, maybe he has learned something since then.

Archived