Lafferty red card - appeal fails, red card upheld (updated)

campbell

Ricardo Shillyshally
33 minutes ago, vladimator said:

Heard from a good source he will be off in the window.

It would seem really strange if he was to leave after such a short spell, however, what  I was told was that we wouldn't be disappointed if he moved on.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

It would seem really strange if he was to leave after such a short spell, however, what  I was told was that we wouldn't be disappointed if he moved on.

Absolute shite he loves it here. People been speaking to hobos recently ? Walker, Isma and LAFF away in jan ... come on

Not sure I believe this after how highly he speaks of the club.

I'm not saying he won't have stepped out of line, but I'm sure a mixture of Levien and Mcphee would be able to remind him of his responsibilities easily enough. He (KL) has too much to lose.

Coburg Hearts
25 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Absolute shite he loves it here. People been speaking to hobos recently ? Walker, Isma and LAFF away in jan ... come on

This almost certainly started on hibs.net. They are notorious for starting threads in an attempt to unsettle us and they usually get some bites. If it's like the others, it's a crock of shite and we shouldn't give them the oxygen of publicity.

7 hours ago, vladimator said:

Heard from a good source he will be off in the window.

15 posts!!!!!!!!wow!!!!!!!beat it smackhead!

Haha 1-5 posts and the douche is ITK on Lafferty :) LOL Imagine spunking your cover on something as shite as that.

So what were you told then Junkettes??!!

GorgieRules22

All nonsense on Lafferty as the guy is loving his time here. I'm amazed at the amount of non Hearts fans that come on a Hearts forum...obsessed much ?

I heard the same on Lafferty leaving in this window, however my question would be if he is leaving and we already know, why would we waste money appealing his red card so he can play against Hibs?

I am calling bull***t on this as well, but I have heard the same as the boy above has posted so to call the boy a hibby is classic kickback when you hear something you don't want to hear.

GorgieRules22
4 minutes ago, Mcalford said:

I heard the same on Lafferty leaving in this window, however my question would be if he is leaving and we already know, why would we waste money appealing his red card so he can play against Hibs?

I am calling bull***t on this as well, but I have heard the same as the boy above has posted so to call the boy a hibby is classic kickback when you hear something you don't want to hear.

I'm calling it what it is really, just nonsense and mischief making.

35 minutes ago, Barack said:

Right. I’ll stick myself in the firing-line. Those on here know I like a laugh, & i’m quick to shoot down certain “itk” fantasy that comes along.

I’m assuming most on here know by now where my allegiances lie? And certainly not to the vermin.

I’ll confirm I’ve been told the exact same thing that all is not well in respect to Lafferty. And there seems to be substance to the rumour, as I’ve had it PM’d to me by a couple of folk on here, (will not name them for obvious reasons) whose veracity i’d hesitate to question about this.

Others, I’m assuming, will have also had PM’s. There are issues, & it could possibly happen. However, as  I have said to the individuals, I’m hoping what’s caused it, whatever it is...is not irreparable. It’s clear he loves playing for us, and we appreciate him. I know I certainly do, & would be gutted if he left.

Now, if he did...then that puts enormous pressure on Levein & Hearts, to make marquee signings to replace JW, & possibly Isma & possibly Lafferty. All before the Derby? Difficult. If not impossible.

Fwiw, I believe any issues will be sorted out. But, I’m also of the belief, there is more to it than bullshit from low-post counters.

Finally, believe me or not, I’m genuinely fine either way. Just thought maybe a poster who you know, & i’d imagine most know when I’m taking the piss(fair amount of time) & when I’m being genuinely serious, should chip in his 2p’s worth. 

I believe he’ll stay, so i’m not panicking quite yet. 

Good on you for taking that particular bullet. :lol:

Hope it gets sorted out though, big fan of the guy. Under contract so it’d take compensation too. £1m + total for Lafferty, Isma and Walker you would have to assume? Need a good hit rate to replace all three adequately in January.

Hopefully Laff stays and we instead get about £800k for Walker and Isma and strengthen the squad well.

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Hope it gets sorted out though, big fan of the guy. Under contract so it’d take compensation too. £1m + total for Lafferty, Isma and Walker you would have to assume? Need a good hit rate to replace all three adequately in January.

Hopefully Laff stays and we instead get about £800k for Walker and Isma and strengthen the squad well.

This....

3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Don't think you would need a degree in HR to know that KL is a 'handful' .

If any truth in the rumour I'd assume it's all in a days work for CL .

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Few rumours fly about and some believe them. Three weeks ago the guy wanted a contract for life.

Why did he want a contract for life? 

Playing devils advocate could he be taking advantage of our caring nature

On the park, I love his attitude. A harder worker off the ball you'll rarely see. However, he's had about one good overall performance , doing what he was brought to do, since he arrived and he only played 70mins of that. 

His general form and his off the pitch stuff I'm afraid I wouldn't miss at all. I was wavering until he tweeted his Rangers gear. Boy's no got much upstairs it would seem. I know I'm becoming a grumpy old man, but this hair colour nonsense when he's got an SFA hearing coming up...deary, me.

Heartsofgold

Not bothered about his 'Rangers' stuff.  He's a self confessed and avid fan of theirs.  He plays for us just now and he's giving his all for us,  Top scorer and seemingly a good guy around the training pitch.  Yes it was stupid of him to put the Rangers tops on social media as it will always bring out some of the idiots with comments but I can forgive him for that if he rams it up the Hobbit farters on the 21st.

3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Not bothered about his 'Rangers' stuff.  He's a self confessed and avid fan of theirs.  He plays for us just now and he's giving his all for us,  Top scorer and seemingly a good guy around the training pitch.  Yes it was stupid of him to put the Rangers tops on social media as it will always bring out some of the idiots with comments but I can forgive him for that if he rams it up the Hobbit farters on the 21st.

Yeah doesn’t fuss me either , he played well against them and clearly gives his all for us. 

8 page thread on hibs.net about his sending off. Must not have a lot to discuss during the winter break over there. 

All he did was post a pic of some of his birds Rangers memorabilia, hardly the crime of the century. 

I like him but the service he's getting means we haven't seen the best of him.  Get a winger who can cross in and we'll see what he can do. 

1 minute ago, Le Chat said:

All he did was post a pic of some of his birds Rangers memorabilia, hardly the crime of the century. 

I like him but the service he's getting means we haven't seen the best of him.  Get a winger who can cross in and we'll see what he can do. 

Was his bird wrapped provactively in said Rangers memorabilia ?

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Was his bird wrapped provactively in said Rangers memorabilia ?

Unfortunately not. 

:sad:

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:19, VivaObua said:

Heard Lafferty could be in the bad books with the club? Anyone else heard this?

I would think that CL would be a bit pissed off with Laff making a totally unnecessary tackle when he knew it could lead to suspension.

As for stories that he is offski - total crap!

4 hours ago, Barack said:

I’d question the sanity of everyone at Hearts if such a thing was to come to pass, & no-one of similar, or better ability than any of those mentioned, were not 1st ready to be signed up.

As I say, I’m not really worried whatever it is with Lafferty at the minute. Common sense I think will prevail this window.

Summer, is another matter.

I haven’t heard about any ‘issues’ but had heard that he may move on. More financial than anything else. I don’t think he was putting on many 50p each way bets!

Lafferty is clearly a handful on and off the pitch and for most people it was clear that this was the case with the player and the risk we took,  some of these gambles will pay off and some wont.

For what its worth I think with a better striker around him to feed off and to then we would see alot more but at present I dont think we can be disappointed with his contribution.

doctor jambo

He is on course to become our first 20 goals + in  a season striker

in yonks

everything else is secondary to that

2 hours ago, Zico said:

I haven’t heard about any ‘issues’ but had heard that he may move on. More financial than anything else. I don’t think he was putting on many 50p each way bets!

Cheap shot.

8 hours ago, Zico said:

That was nice.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
12 hours ago, MacPhee said:

I also seen the tweet about rangers gear and was a bit miffed. 

It's his wife's not his. 

8 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

It's his wife's not his. 

Cos he said so in his tweet? Posted on New Year's Day, just a week or so after we'd put Celtic to the sword in his only good game so far and he'd been booed by Aberdeen fans as a result of his cheating in a Rangers jersey. Big coincidence. 

Anyway, that aside, I'm hearing there is an element of truth in the rumours of a parting and that it's Lafferty that's asked to leave rather than the club wanting shot of him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

On subject matter rather than future, what time does the Kangaroo Court adjourn before collecting our 1k today?

2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Anyway, that aside, I'm hearing there is an element of truth in the rumours of a parting and that it's Lafferty that's asked to leave rather than the club wanting shot of him.

Not sure why, seems strange after him coming out and about his gambling, then claiming he was getting terrific support from the club and claiming he was extremely happy here. 

These rumors all seem rather strange to me 

4 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Not sure why, seems strange after him coming out and about his gambling, then claiming he was getting terrific support from the club and claiming he was extremely happy here. 

These rumors all seem rather strange to me 

Find it difficult to get information from Tynecastle yet all of a sudden there are no locks on the doors for some,Not swallowing it good player for us like to see him for the whole of his contract with us.

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

When are we likely to hear the outcome of his appeal? 

Later on this afternoon I'd imagine but we pretty much already know.

4 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Find it difficult to get information from Tynecastle yet all of a sudden there are no locks on the doors for some,Not swallowing it good player for us like to see him for the whole of his contract with us.

Very true, everything else regarding transfer movement is locked down but this is somehow surfacing?

If there is any truth In it I reckon he's had a slap on the wrist by CL about the unnecessary challenge in aberdeen and perhaps celtic goal salute by budge?

letsalldothebeattie
4 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Somehow find a way to extend the ban by about 10 games 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Cos he said so in his tweet? Posted on New Year's Day, just a week or so after we'd put Celtic to the sword in his only good game so far and he'd been booed by Aberdeen fans as a result of his cheating in a Rangers jersey. Big coincidence. 

Look at the date of the scarf, he didn't sign for them till 6 years later. 

• redm changed the title to Lafferty red - hearing today at Hampden (updated)
Bazzas right boot
On 08/01/2018 at 09:25, Barack said:

I’d question the sanity of everyone at Hearts if such a thing was to come to pass, & no-one of similar, or better ability than any of those mentioned, were not 1st ready to be signed up.

As I say, I’m not really worried whatever it is with Lafferty at the minute. Common sense I think will prevail this window.

Summer, is another matter.

Really disappointing if he was to leave now or in the summer.

Hope all gets sorted.

If we don't lose walker, isma and Lafferty then I would fear the season would be down the pan unless we got very lucky in the transfer window.

Big laff unhappy.... He plays for Hearts then has the rest of the day to..... Ehh play monopoly with his lovely wife.

You wouldn't be able to take the smile of my face.

42 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

When are we likely to hear the outcome of his appeal? 

He's already been tried and convicted by the BBC so don't hold your breath!

39 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Pretty sure that it will be downgraded to a yellow on appeal, can't see any other outcome having watched it a good few times . 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
13 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Really disappointing if he was to leave now or in the summer.

Hope all gets sorted.

If we don't lose walker, isma and Lafferty then I would fear the season would be down the pan unless we got very lucky in the transfer window.

Big laff unhappy.... He plays for Hearts then has the rest of the day to..... Ehh play monopoly with his lovely wife.

You wouldn't be able to take the smile of my face.

It's all nonsense, he has 100% not asked for a transfer. He loves it here. 

letsalldothebeattie
20 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He's already been tried and convicted by the BBC so don't hold your breath!

That’s true and we all know once convicted by BBC that’s it. 

I would hope its downgraded to a yellow....watching MOTD last night and the Swansea player got a straight red for similar......opposing player gets away and he just clips / takes legs away to stop him going further....harsh for a straight red

15 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

That’s true and we all know once convicted by BBC that’s it. 

You think people will actively disappoint our Ann?Nay man

I'm calling 'red upheld' based on media hatchet job + decision makers' appetite to uphold a red to balance out previously overturned decisions.    Rangers and Celtic ones.

Estimated odds of going in our favour... 10/1.

• redm changed the title to Lafferty red card - appeal fails, red card upheld (updated)

Archived