Credit Report Problem - Claim.... Help again

Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle

A few weeks ago i posted that i had a problem with my credit score/ report and how it wasnt my fault and that experian had fecked up. I was looking to claim money for the mess up which made me take days of work and wracked up a big phone bill whilst trying to sort things out.

They finally are fixing things and have offered me ?50 for all the trouble. This will cover the phone bills easily but not the days off work and the amount of time iv spent sorting it. The letter states i need to sign and return it to claim the ?50 but if i do this i can not seek further payouts for the claim.

Question ...

Do i have a decent case to take it further and try and get more compensation from them for the whole saga or should i just take the ?50 and blow it on booze and burgers?

thanks

Jamie_the_Jambo

In my experience when a company offers you compensation you always refuse there first offer and sometimes their second. They will up the amount as they have already admitted fault.

Remember, compensation is to keep you quiet.

Go for more....making sure you mention loss of earnings etc....

Jamie

If you can quantify your loss, take them to the small claims court. Even lodging the papers may make them up their offer. Make sure you have a justifiable case though.

Sexton Hardcastle

Well the case is simple. They had my dads credit records (same first and second name) as me. I was applying fro a loan and kept gettign refused. Not untill the 4rth/5th rejection i thought somthing was up so bought my credit report finding out that they had messed up. They have finally sorted it but due to the number of rejected application my credit score is poor. It looks like i am a risk due to the rejections. I suffrered as a result of their stupidity to not look at D.O.B and notice the 40 year difference.

Obviosuly 50 quid isnt too bad but i feel they should have to cough up more. I took 2 days off work loosing about ?100 . Then the time i have spent at home calling them and various other lenders trying to get my name cleared. An eventually applying to " no credit check loans" to get the loan ( i didnt accept any in the end) . These companies charged ?50 to proccess the loans and there was 2 of these companies i paid but then didnt take the offer as i was deperate for money fora a car but not insane to take 50% apr.

Any help from similar cases/ law people would be much appriciated.

You can put an amendment with your credit record which Experian must include with any enquiries made by credit companies to them. This would show that the number of refusals by providers was not due to your poor credit rating but to your Dad's.

Sexton Hardcastle

Yea they have added a "statement" so that future searches are human done not computers and they will see the notes etc..

Mite kb this offer and ask for ?100. at least that will more or less cover the day off work.

Gerd Muller

Never pay a company to get a personal loan. They just advise you to go to a certain company like Halifax when you could have went there in the begining.

Archived