Sebastian Coe, What did he achieve for athletics?

Deek

So says Linford Christie. Remember him. He was the guy caught taking Nandrolone at the back end of his career.

He also tested positive for the stimulant pseudoephedrine at the 1988 Seoul Olympics, but was cleared after the International Olympic Committee voted by a margin of 11 to 10 the substance could have come from the permitted substance ginseng.It was later reported that two of the judges were asleep when the vote was taken.

He is huffing as he never got to carry the Olympic torch in London. He blames Seb Coe for it and quoted "What did he achieve for athletics? "

Coe won four Olympic medals and set eight outdoor and three indoor world records. In his prime he was the most graceful,smooth runner. He was also battling against Ovett and Cram at the time.

Christie is an arrogant cheat and should never be allowed to do anything in athletics again. Henow owns a management company and mentors and coaches young athletes which is a disgrace, what kind of role model is he?

They were good times for British athletics. Everybody seemed right behind Steve Ovett with Coe being much less liked. That's my memory, although I'm not really a fan of athletics and was quite young at the time.

Daley Thompson rocked though. I used to feel sorry for the German guy who was always second.

I only know Coe through his involvement with the London Olympics etc, as was not born when he was competing. Still cant stand him though. He is just so English its unbelievable.

1,000 post. On Seb Coe aswell! Never a good sign.

I P Knightley
But Seb Coe is the biggest nancy boy ever. Hate the guy

Hmmm...

huge achiever in his field of athletics; acknowledged to have been instrumental in delivering the Olympic to Britain (mixed blessing, that), and internationally recognised sports gentleman

vs

biggest nancy boy ever

This debate's too close to call. It's going to go down to the wire.

Whilst I agree on the nancy boy sentiments (Wee Willie Hague's judo partner, let's not forget), I have to agree with the OP that Linford should have kept his ugly gob shut on this.

Hmmm...

huge achiever in his field of athletics; acknowledged to have been instrumental in delivering the Olympic to Britain (mixed blessing, that), and internationally recognised sports gentleman

vs

biggest nancy boy ever

This debate's too close to call. It's going to go down to the wire.

Whilst I agree on the nancy boy sentiments (Wee Willie Hague's judo partner, let's not forget), I have to agree with the OP that Linford should have kept his ugly gob shut on this.

Linford is a numpty aswell but I just hate the smugness of Lord Coe. I couldnt care less if Olympics were held in London. Bloody waste of money if you ask me. All it will show is how bad we are at Athletics but we might pick up a couple of rowing medals and one or two for trotting a horse round a field!

I P Knightley
I'll bet you Linfords wang is twice the size of Coe's.

Whoah!

The debate takes another interesting twist.

It's only a matter of time before someone brings up that Seb Coe has sat in on more sessions in the House of Lords whilst Linford can barely manage an early day motion...

Who'd believe that folk on another thread are saying that JKB is boring at the moment? They must be Terrace afficionadoes. The Shed rocks!

ToadKiller Dog

Coe is an establishment figure Tory grandee and ex public school boy an all that,and was our greatest middle distance runner .

Still does not take away from the total bollocks Christie is talking .was a decent sprinter at his best before the drugs but an erse of a guy.

Overall Daley Thompson was our greatest athlete and totaly disliked by the Athletics establishment when in his prime (bit like Ian Botham and the MCC at cricket and Cloughie with the FA)

Did anyone see the 'Dispatches' programme on channel 4 a few months ago about the horrible little man, anyone who did, well nothing more to say other than the Olympic Games in London are certainly going to be GREAT for SEB COE and his many companies. :rolleyes:

chester copperpot

I like Lord Coe, did billiant in winning the U.K the Olympics.

Christie is a stuck up tosser, who would attend functions and shun the kids etc etc. He also used to sneak out hotel rooms during the night to avoid random drugs tests etc.

Are we talking about Christie here.

Anyone who slags off Lord Coe isn't worth arguing with IMO.

No Andy, that ****** Christie.

chester copperpot
No Andy, that ****** Christie.

At last we agree on summat Deek, hurraaaaah.

I would like Christie to back up this

"I've achieved more single-handedly, I'd say, than any other athlete or any other sportsman in this country."

With a few cold hard facts. I somehow doubt if he could with his one Olympic gold.

I'll bet you Linfords wang is twice the size of Coe's.

Is that has a big wang or is a big wang?

Did anyone see the 'Dispatches' programme on channel 4 a few months ago about the horrible little man, anyone who did, well nothing more to say other than the Olympic Games in London are certainly going to be GREAT for SEB COE and his many companies. :rolleyes:

That's exactly what I'm thinking!

jambos are go!

Did not like Coe but you cant argue with his record. The Coe, Cram and Ovett era gave British Athletics their highest moments IMO and laid the foundations for the likes of Christie.

Did not like Coe but you cant argue with his record. The Coe, Cram and Ovett era gave British Athletics their highest moments IMO and laid the foundations for the likes of Christie.

I disagree, Christie laid his own foundations. Whatever records and medals he has are all tainted by drugs and the taste of money at the end.

I disagree, Christie laid his own foundations. Whatever records and medals he has are all tainted by drugs and the taste of money at the end.

It's all about Bling...........Dog

Say What Again
Is that has a big wang or is a big wang?

Both.

They're both of the wang-ometer

Coe is a prime example of why the vast majority of this country will never vote Tory. And if certain storys are true about him he is a nasty bit of work. Ovett on the other hand actually has some class. Just shows you money can't buy you everything.

http://scotsport.podbean.com

Coe is a prime example of why the vast majority of this country will never vote Tory. And if certain storys are true about him he is a nasty bit of work. Ovett on the other hand actually has some class. Just shows you money can't buy you everything.

http://scotsport.podbean.com

The vast majority of Scotland no but I live south of the border and am pretty sure the Engerlish will vote them in next general election.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

******s - both of them.

Add that to the fact that Athletics is ****e and riddled with drug cheats.

Chuck Berry

Indeed, and he is now working with his dodgy new pals at FIFA.

Might have been a great athlete, but he's rotten to the core.

Archived