Ian Holloway In Edinburgh

missusm

Hearing noises about Ian Holloway being in Edinburgh again. Obviously never went through last time but I heard he was very interested in the job before City came along.

Anyone in or around Gorgie seen or heard anything? Would be a good catch if we managed to get him in this time.

Ray Winstone
Hearing noises about Ian Holloway being in Edinburgh again. Obviously never went through last time but I heard he was very interested in the job before City came along.

Anyone in or around Gorgie seen or heard anything? Would be a good catch if we managed to get him in this time.

I am sure I saw him standing outside the Balmoral with Ruud Gullit hailing a taxi.

There is a dedicated forum for this sort of pish. :rolleyes:

Jam Tarts 1874

There is a whole "relegation zone" of ex-lesser premiership club managers around on the dole, I'm sure one of them would take the gig.

RockyBalboa

Holloways a legend.

No danger he would put up with Vlads "input"

I'd be gutted if he did get get offered/take the Hearts job though. Not because he's a decent manager though.

Holloways a legend.

I'd be gutted if he did get get offered/take the Hearts job though. Not because he's a decent manager though.

Elaborate a little more?

"I was a jumped-up, obnoxious little git who wouldn't listen at home because of what happened at work."

He said this in BBC tv programme should fit in nicely at Tynecastle.

They obviously cut Holloway out of that photo.

Gullit has just told him to scram. This is his patch...:cool:

RockyBalboa
Elaborate a little more?

On what?

I like the guy, his interviews are genius. If he took the Hearts job I would have to not like him anymore.

That's all.

On what?

I like the guy, his interviews are genius. If he took the Hearts job I would have to not like him anymore.

That's all.

I was referring to this part.

"I'd be gutted if he did get get offered/take the Hearts job though. Not because he's a decent manager though."

On what?

That's all.

So any connection to Hearts would make him instantly dislikeable? Strange approach for someone who spends so much time on this board. :whistling:

Garry Oconner was on my flight on Wednesday in to edinburgh from the Algarve.... His Mrs was also on the flight with family. I'm betting they will make up the management and backroom staff.

What's his football philosophy? I don't think I've ever seen one of his sides play.

My reluctance towards him is down purely to his acting the helmet extraordinaire on the telly.

Having presided over your hometown team dropping to their lowest league position in their history I would have thought that you of all people would know he is rubbish!

No Nonsense
Having presided over your hometown team dropping to their lowest league position in their history I would have thought that you of all people would know he is rubbish!

In all fairness, the damage was done at Leicester well before Holloway got their. I'd take him. I think his management skills are underrated due to his jester like personality.

Pants Shaton

domesticterrorist_collins-nonce-sense.jpg

What's his football philosophy? I don't think I've ever seen one of his sides play.

My reluctance towards him is down purely to his acting the helmet extraordinaire on the telly.

oh how you made me laugh

I think you'll find that Missusm is connected with Alan Maybury (of Leicester) so is likely to be telling the truth.

Not saying I think Holloway will be the next manager but if Missusm says he's in Edinburgh I'm inclined to believe her.

londonjambo
I think you'll find that Missusm is connected with Alan Maybury (of Leicester) so is likely to be telling the truth.

Not saying I think Holloway will be the next manager but if Missusm says he's in Edinburgh I'm inclined to believe her.

You'd think if they were that closely connected, he'd have told her he was at Aberdeen now ...

I see - Missus M - as in Mrs. Maybury ?? You might as well just tell us her first name now as well and be done with it.

Say hi to Alan for me by the way.

:)

GC

You'd think if they were that closely connected, he'd have told her he was at Aberdeen now ...

I see - Missus M - as in Mrs. Maybury ?? You might as well just tell us her first name now as well and be done with it.

Say hi to Alan for me by the way.

:)

GC

He hasn't signed for Aberdeen has he ?

I thought he wanted to stay in England.

PS. I don't know Mrs M personally I just remember her saying so (and being credible) a wee while back.

There is a whole "relegation zone" of ex-lesser premiership club managers around on the dole, I'm sure one of them would take the gig.

If we're talking about managers of this 'calibre' then we should've pulled out all the stops to get Neil Warnock when he was available. He surely fits the bill;

1. Has extensive knowledge of British football

2. Is a passionate, football man

3. Was quoted, albeit in the daily ranger, saying he would be interested in the job.

Could do a lot worse

• 3 weeks later...
Jam Tarts 1874
Holloways a legend.

Anything that would have Rocky gutted has got to be worth pursuing. :)

Bet you a fiver he's not the manager.

:P

Maybe not, but I never said he would be:cool:

maroonlegions

seen outside Greggs waiting on Nade trying to get out the door with several bags of stake bakes.:P;)

It's a done deal, watch this space.

Good God I hope not or he could be sacked even sooner than Rix was.:confused:

Buffalo Bill
Hearing noises about Ian Holloway being in Edinburgh again. .

Where did you hear these noises and who speaketh them?

Buffalo Bill

Archived