McGinn rejoins Aberdeen

GavK1012

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere type thing but read a wee bit in one of todays sundays that he may well be looking for an out re his Korea move and that we may still be interested come January...just posting what I read.....

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingantti1874

Yep.. Should be all over that.. I'll get shot for this but Andy driver and temps should also be available in Jan on pre contracts.. There arent a lot of creative players available and we could do far worse 

9 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Levin would play him at left back ,he'd be wasted at Hearts

He'd be better there than what we have available at the moment 

6 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

Can't see it. Someone like Fleetwood town will pay him better wages. 

Sad but true imo.

Someone mentioned Andy Driver he is playing at a decent level in Holland and last I noticed he is injury free nowadays.

He would still be an excellent player for us. If we can afford him.

McGinn is well outwith our reach. Add the fact why would he even consider coming to play in a squad as bad as ours at his age ?  

Sadly I think we are a few years away from attracting players like him. Driver ? Yes please. Anyone who is decent going forward is an improvement 

It should have been ten
31 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

A good player, therefore there’s no way he’ll be on our radar.

This :sad:

I think people are forgetting that in Drivers latter days he appeared to have lost all his pace and ability to go past opponents. 

Some people get a bit misty eyed when looking back. He would probably be a very slight improvement but not much over what we already have. Dutch football is not the best standard these days.

48 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

A good player, therefore there’s no way he’ll be on our radar.

We tried to sign him before a south korean team threw money at him. Or was that a Levein vanity project pr thing?

5 minutes ago, communist said:

I think people are forgetting that in Drivers latter days he appeared to have lost all his pace and ability to go past opponents. 

Some people get a bit misty eyed when looking back. He would probably be a very slight improvement but not much over what we already have. Dutch football is not the best standard these days.

No it is not the best but it is still miles ahead of Scottish football.

Would be an amazing signing, exactly what we need. Would be delighted if we could get him but I think realistically he’ll be offered more cash elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, U.S Maroon said:

No it is not the best but it is still miles ahead of Scottish football.

Kenny Anderson?

32 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

McGinn is well outwith our reach. Add the fact why would he even consider coming to play in a squad as bad as ours at his age ?  

Sadly I think we are a few years away from attracting players like him. Driver ? Yes please. Anyone who is decent going forward is an improvement 

Ah but we struggled to get lafferty and Berra didn’t we? 

Winston Ingram

problem you could see with this is if mcinnes goes to rangers. he might want mcginn. if mcginn would play for rangers that is. 

13 minutes ago, communist said:

Kenny Anderson?

One player doesnt determine the quality of Dutch football. Its not even a debatable point as it is clearly better than Scottish football. Incidentally Anderson would probably improve our current midfield which isnt saying much.

13 minutes ago, U.S Maroon said:

One player doesnt determine the quality of Dutch football. Its not even a debatable point as it is clearly better than Scottish football. Incidentally Anderson would probably improve our current midfield which isnt saying much.

No he would not 

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 minutes ago, U.S Maroon said:

Pamela Anderson would probably improve our current midfield. :sad:

We seem to struggle to get players with a good past record to recreate it for us, Sutton, Sammon, Wyness and so on. I fear Mcginn might be dragged into the mediocre football we have sadly developed for two seasons now.

McGinn is the type of player we badly need 

He is also the type of player we need to be looking to attract in order to repair the damage of the last 2 years 

1 hour ago, communist said:

That wasn't as big a deal as some folk tried to make out. Essentially, he changed into a left-sided midfielder rather than an out-and-out winger.  Nothing wrong with that, other than he no longer fitted into people's expectations.

Time January comes this thread will end up being 15 pages long of he is def signing for us then he will probably end up at Hibs

vlad on the tyne

Driver is not the answer.  Recruitment has been an absolute riot in all honesty and dont think the people who have squandered money over the last two years should be allowed to make calls in this window. We need pace in the team and driver does not bring that to the table 

38 minutes ago, U.S Maroon said:

I agree that one player doesn't determine the quality of Dutch football, but I do watch Dutch football, it's not the best. Wouldn't say it's miles ahead of Scottish football at all. A few big teams and the rest mostly average, sound familiar?

I wasn't bothered when Driver eventually left us, and I don't think he would be a massive improvement on what we have at the moment. 

Kenny Anderson would not improve us either, but each to their own :)

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Time January comes this thread will end up being 15 pages long of he is def signing for us then he will probably end up at Hibs

The usual ITK fantasists will be along shortly to tell us its 'a done deal' OR 'its definitely not happening' in equal measure, and half of them will be bang on.

2 minutes ago, dallas said:

Free up a wage.

Certainly don't see Lafferty leaving. Bringing in a player like McGinn would ensure Lafferty enjoys his time with us more than he will have done to date 

The service he's had to date has been nothing short of a disgrace 

19 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

That wasn't as big a deal as some folk tried to make out. Essentially, he changed into a left-sided midfielder rather than an out-and-out winger.  Nothing wrong with that, other than he no longer fitted into people's expectations.

We have enough midfielders who have no pace and want to turn and play backwards at the first opportunity. Driver had lost his creativity when he no longer looked to take his man on. 

We don't need more of that now.

7 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Certainly don't see Lafferty leaving. Bringing in a player like McGinn would ensure Lafferty enjoys his time with us more than he will have done to date 

The service he's had to date has been nothing short of a disgrace 

Having Michael O'Neil as manager might make Lafferty quite a bit happier. He'll quit NI this week I would think.

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

No disrespect but I don't get that thinking? We need good players so you go for them.

He might see a underperforming squad but you tell/convince potential signings we need them to improve.

No team is a one man team but he'd almost make an immediate impact with his quality and experience. He's the sort we need to link play in the last third.

I think we have some good players but as many average. I don't think it's particularly a poor squad. But we've all been over the reasons and it'll take a minimum 4 decent signings(midfield essentially) to fast track us to a real,competitive level imo.

But the question mark lies over our judgement in the market.

21 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

He'll be getting paid good wages in South Korea.

I'd be surprised if we could afford him.

Can only see the financial resources required for the stand killing any potential move.

Lafferty and Berra must've been on big bucks down South before we got them and they took a cut?

As we've said before it's about timing. If the move hasn't worked out he may take a large wage cut like the above to get home and enjoy playing a bit football in his latter years. 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Spencer said:

McGinn is the type of player we badly need 

He is also the type of player we need to be looking to attract in order to repair the damage of the last 2 years 

One of a few of that quality I would say to make a difference to our team. Would be a good start though 

37 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Having Michael O'Neil as manager might make Lafferty quite a bit happier. He'll quit NI this week I would think.

And will be the next Scotland manager 

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, jamboveg said:

And will be the next Scotland manager 

He's with Northern Ireland for life now. Done a fantastic job. Fancy their chances tonight too

13 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

One of a few of that quality I would say to make a difference to our team. Would be a good start though 

We probably need about 7 who will be regular starters 

Archived