Ultimate in football snacks/food?

crichiejambos

crichiejambos

Sure everyone has seen the photo of the twat and his carrot batons, carrot sticks for any body normal but what's thee football food? What do you like to wrap to your gums around at the football or in the pub or at home whilst the fitbaw is on?

William H. Bonney

I always get a pie at Kilmarnock. A tradition of sorts. 

Never eat at tynecastle. Lunch and a few pints at the pub beforehand sees me through. 

I seldom buy food at Tynecastle or any other ground but when I do on the odd occasion it has to be a pie. Had one at the Motherwell game a couple of weeks ago and have to say that the standard has improved, not sure about the wee cardboard sleeve though. Half time at St Johnstone yesterday was carnage, had to fight my way through the pie queue to get to the toilet then fight my way back again hearing folk complaining that there were no pies left.

2 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I seldom buy food at Tynecastle or any other ground but when I do on the odd occasion it has to be a pie. Had one at the Motherwell game a couple of weeks ago and have to say that the standard has improved, not sure about the wee cardboard sleeve though. Half time at St Johnstone yesterday was carnage, had to fight my way through the pie queue to get to the toilet then fight my way back again hearing folk complaining that there were no pies left.

The wee cardboard sleeve is a major technological advance as, unlike the foil dishes, the steak pies don't stick to it.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, 1953 said:

I once got the last two bags of chips at a stand at an Owls v Baggies games a few seasons ago.   There was a long disgruntled queue behind me.   Result!

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I'm partial to a twix at tynie. 

Was going to put a link to Urban Dictionary here.

Potential for a ban over the Derby period was quite high though.

is it bridies that they sell at east end park?

if not what they sell are/were great

re the boy with the carrot sticks, at least he is being healthy, 

Remember the guys who used to walk round the pitch selling stuff, chewing gum, crisps etc.

33 minutes ago, the general said:

curry pie on the Kippax yum yum

Chicken balti pies at Molineux & Villa Park are incredible. 

44 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Was going to put a link to Urban Dictionary here.

Potential for a ban over the Derby period was quite high though.

Having just looked it up, wise move. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bourbon Brisket sandwich at Levis Stadium going to take some beating for me.

Buffalo chicken fillets and beer in Orlando next best. 

Steak pie is not bad though!

Fitzroy Pointon
4 hours ago, Dunks said:

Killie have changed pie supplier :(

:what:

If it's not Brownings anymore its not worth a ****

The steak bridie thing at Dunfermline is really good.

At Carlisle United they do a 'meat and potato pie' which is a lot better than it sounds.

Pretty sure Saracens rugby club is run by the guy who owns Dominoes Pizza, and no surprises for guessing what's on offer at half and full time. 

In the eighties and early nineties I would get off the train at Haymarket and go into Ryries for a pint and pie, beans and chips. I've always been a pretty healthy eater and at 58 am the same waist size as I was at thirty, (34in since you asked), but a Ryries PBnC always set me up for a couple of jars in the Auld Worthies on Dalry road or the Diggers before a final pint in the Tynie arms just before KO. It was a perfect pre match ritual at the time. I don't get to so many matches now, and that old routine has gone, but that was proper pre match stuff. The other sad thing is that the Auld worthies is no longer there. Progress.

6 hours ago, milky_26 said:

is it bridies that they sell at east end park?

Stephens steak bridie? Tremendous foodstuff, keep you going till tea time likes.

Big Slim Stylee
5 hours ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

Me ex could. 

Good to know she tried to make decent fist of it.

Archived