Why would Vlad want to fail?

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

With all the negativity on the board, form all angles, and lots of it coming from pond **** who have decided its fun to hang around the bigger boys. It seems a sensible idea to try and find out why people think Vlad is making all the mistakes he has made.

I mean, does anyone have a real explanation for why he would deliberately choose to screw things up?

This is important, because if there is a genuine intention and not just incompetence, we really all should be very very worried.

If it is just incompetence, well then thats a problem of course, but not one that cant be solved rather easily by some guidance from others. (The debate as to whether Vlad would accept that can be left for another time).

And if there is no real decent explanation as to why Vlad could be intentionally getting things wrong, then surely that suggest he has made a whole bunch of errors, but is fully intending on coming good and being successful.

So do any of the doomsayers have a good a serious explanation as to why Vlad is deliberately doing so poorly at the club besides incompetence?

Guest JamboRobbo

I've always felt it was incompetence rather than anything deliberate.

I also think that for Vlad, he doesn't see success using the traditional methods (i.e. a manager) as success. In order for Vlad to think it's a success, it has to be done his way. An illustration of this is the sacking of Burley when we were being successfull. He'd rather try and fail using his methods, than succeed using traditional methods.

But, I feel it's vital for HMFC, that Vlad learns from his mistakes. If he's not willing to listen and learn, and has no intention of changing his ways (which is his choice to make, although I feel he also has a responsiblity to HMFC fans), then there is little point continuing the charade any longer. It'd be in the best interests of HMFC if there is a parting of ways, and the sooner the better.

With all the negativity on the board, form all angles, and lots of it coming from pond **** who have decided its fun to hang around the bigger boys. It seems a sensible idea to try and find out why people think Vlad is making all the mistakes he has made.

I mean, does anyone have a real explanation for why he would deliberately choose to screw things up?

This is important, because if there is a genuine intention and not just incompetence, we really all should be very very worried.

If it is just incompetence, well then thats a problem of course, but not one that cant be solved rather easily by some guidance from others. (The debate as to whether Vlad would accept that can be left for another time).

And if there is no real decent explanation as to why Vlad could be intentionally getting things wrong, then surely that suggest he has made a whole bunch of errors, but is fully intending on coming good and being successful.

So do any of the doomsayers have a good a serious explanation as to why Vlad is deliberately doing so poorly at the club besides incompetence?

He wouldnt want to fail in reality,but he has with breaking up a good side for no apparent reason.If that makes any sense Doc:confused:

I think he just does not have a clue about football.

Nothing he has done since Burley sugggests that he has any knowledge of the game.

brellierlegend

I have given up trying to work out what he wants for Hearts.

Here is a theory. Not saying its correct but just a guess.

Perhaps he is now looking to get out. The reason I say that is because the sales of Gordon and Bednarhave reduced the debt by 10 million to about 28. If he sells Berra, Driver, Kingston, Goncalves, Wallace he may reduce it further to around 20 million.

How much is Tynecastle worth?

siegementality

Perhaps he is now looking to get out. The reason I say that is because the sales of Gordon and Bednarhave reduced the debt by 10 million to about 28. If he sells Berra, Driver, Kingston, Goncalves, Wallace he may reduce it further to around 20 million.

Please be true!, I detest that little dick.

He wouldnt want to fail in reality,but he has with breaking up a good side for no apparent reason.If that makes any sense Doc:confused:

Which side are we referring to here though? The 05/06 side or the one we have now? I only ask because I know that some people do think this side isn't all that bad....

Ray Winstone

I believe Vlad wants to make a success of Hearts, however he wants to do it his way or nothing at all.

He wants 100% of the credit to come his way for any success the club has and its because of his ego that it has all gone so badly wrong.

I can see where that theory would come from...but we don't know that the sale of these players is going anywhere near our debt 'mountain'. Never mind paying it off. That's the thing I'm worried about. I don't necessarily mind selling players, if it makes sense that we do so. If we're just blindly selling off assets willynilly, then I'm a tad concerned....

Easy answer................coz hes an erse!

Which side are we referring to here though? The 05/06 side or the one we have now? I only ask because I know that some people do think this side isn't all that bad....

2006 CUP WINNERS!

It could have been broken up gradually.Old out new in,subsequently leaving a form of continuity in the side.

...And if there is no real decent explanation as to why Vlad could be intentionally getting things wrong, then surely that suggest he has made a whole bunch of errors, but is fully intending on coming good and being successful...

Why?

If it was just a case of VR making a whole bunch of errors, why do you then think he is intending on coming good and being successful?

His actions up to now would indicate that he isn't going to change one iota. What are you seeing that makes you think he's actually going to listen to other people and change?

FWIW, i don't think it's deliberate on his part or incompetance for that matter. I think it's all down his ego.

I don't think he's ever going to change either. We're going to have to get used to this.

Toxteth O'Grady

FWIW, i don't think it's deliberate on his part or incompetance for that matter. I think it's all down his ego.

Yep, he is an attention seeker, he thinks he knows best and he won't admit when he is wrong

MacDonald Jardine

Has anyone noticed this seems to be a common feature of clubs with foreign owners: Man City, Chelsea to an extent?

I also think owner interference is very common in Eastern Europe.

2006 CUP WINNERS!

It could have been broken up gradually.Old out new in,subsequently leaving a form of continuity in the side.

With hindsight, I'm not sure we can accuse him of breaking up that team though. Some went because they wanted to, some went because they were too old to stay and some went because they cost too much to keep. It was unfortunate that we lost the players we did, but there was reason behind the majority of it all...

I don't believe for a minute he wants to fail. Quite the opposite.

He's just no very good at this management malarky.

First half of 05/06 he got it bang on. Let the professionals do their job. Spent too much cash in the process but if he had left a proper manager in charge we could have gradually dropped the wage bill and brought through youngsters in a more seamless way.

Instead, we have good players playing crap, players in the team who are not in on merit and a lot of carp young players on 5 year deals.

Ho hum, glad I renewed now! Still time to fix it though, but needs to be done quick.

There may be some logic in that when Hearts started to become successful, the money paid out in wages was way above anything affordable. It's possible even that far back that UBIG were uncomfortable with the increasing debt hence the gradual change in direction. To maintain that standard would have cost money that just was not there. May be bollocks but you never know.

One reason for any businessman deliberately failing might be to launder money through a company's books. Its no coincidence that many 'shady characters' with a criminal past start up their own businesses, which may fail a few years down the line. This sort of activity is easier when a company is not a plc as regulation on the stock market is strict. Private limited companies have less onerous obligations, although they still get audited.

Maybe he wasn't expecting the delays in the stand redevelopment, therefore he's just killing time until the point when it's actually worth putting serious investment into the playing side once again.

Good point though doctor. Never quite figured that one out myself!

Guest JamboRobbo
There may be some logic in that when Hearts started to become successful, the money paid out in wages was way above anything affordable. It's possible even that far back that UBIG were uncomfortable with the increasing debt hence the gradual change in direction. To maintain that standard would have cost money that just was not there. May be bollocks but you never know.

We spent 2.24M more in the second year than we had in the first...i.e. we increased spending, it was just the standard of player/manager that decreased dramatically.

He's spending lots - putting us in more debt so we owe his bank more money

If and it's a big if, the debt is reduced to ?20m it's maybe possible that a buyer could be found although in todays climate that will still be difficult.

MacDonald Jardine
We spent 2.24M more in the second year than we had in the first...i.e. we increased spending, it was just the standard of player/manager that decreased dramatically.

I'm not sure that we did. Is it not that the annual accounts are a year behind?

I don't believe for a minute he wants to fail. Quite the opposite.

He's just no very good at this management malarky.

Nail.

Head.

Hit on.

Guest JamboRobbo
I'm not sure that we did. Is it not that the annual accounts are a year behind?

I don't have them in front of me but I think I've got the years correct.

Year to July 06 we spent 10.25M I think? (i.e. 05/06 season).

And year to July 07 (just released recently) we spent 12.49M? (i.e. 06/07 season).

marshallschunkychicken
I've always felt it was incompetence rather than anything deliberate.

I also think that for Vlad, he doesn't see success using the traditional methods (i.e. a manager) as success. In order for Vlad to think it's a success, it has to be done his way. An illustration of this is the sacking of Burley when we were being successfull. He'd rather try and fail using his methods, than succeed using traditional methods.

But, I feel it's vital for HMFC, that Vlad learns from his mistakes. If he's not willing to listen and learn, and has no intention of changing his ways (which is his choice to make, although I feel he also has a responsiblity to HMFC fans), then there is little point continuing the charade any longer. It'd be in the best interests of HMFC if there is a parting of ways, and the sooner the better.

Pretty much sums up how I see it.

Doesn't make it any less depressing.

siegementality
With hindsight, I'm not sure we can accuse him of breaking up that team though. Some went because they wanted to, some went because they were too old to stay and some went because they cost too much to keep. It was unfortunate that we lost the players we did, but there was reason behind the majority of it all...

Na, that's bollox. Some went because they were forced out (Webster, Tall, Brellier, etc), some went because they were the Riccarton 3, some went because they were sick of what was going on (Takis, Skacel, Pospisil, Bednar) and Janny went cos he was a lazy fat bassa.

All Romanovs fault, with the exception of Janny, the man's a fecking clown.

Players wanted to leave because Vlad is a penis.

Dr. Bapswent
Maybe he wasn't expecting the delays in the stand redevelopment, therefore he's just killing time until the point when it's actually worth putting serious investment into the playing side once again.

Good point though doctor. Never quite figured that one out myself!

The point is really 2 fold.

Firstly, the hobos on here don't really have a clue and certainly don't have a decent explanation to back up their, 'the sky is falling ramblings'. Therefore they are either noted by their absence from what would be a red rag thread to most of them, if they had a brain. Similarly, any who did come on would be clearly noticeable by the unsubstantiated tripe they spouted.

Secondly, that if no-one has a decent explanation of why Vlad is trying to fail, then surely we must admit that he is intent on success? And has failed only in his choice of methods to get there? If that is the case then it is more likely that people will accept that he cant and wont go on forever with an approach that is not working and at least learn, in small steps how to make things better. This may take time, but the first step for us is it at least understand he wants to succeed. If that is the most likely case, then fans can at least take away some hope that Vlad is trying to do what is right, and that in the end, hopefully he will get there.

The problem is not his real intention, its his methods, and methods that don't work eventually get changed.

If the opposite was true, and we thought Vlad was really intent on ruining the club, we wouldn't have any decisions left to make.

I think a lot of that increase was on younger players like Berra, Elliot, Mole etc which was a way of trying to make sure there was a profit coming in the long term, but point taken. None of us may ever know the full story.

I don't think it's bollocks at all. A football club is also a business and a balance must be struck. I honestly believe that things changed when we were knocked out of the CL. A decent run then would have produced income to help balance the overspending on wages and it did not happen.

MacDonald Jardine
I don't have them in front of me but I think I've got the years correct.

Year to July 06 we spent 10.25M I think? (i.e. 05/06 season).

And year to July 07 (just released recently) we spent 12.49M? (i.e. 06/07 season).

You may well be right.

We_are_the_Hearts

The intention was to showcase Lithuanian talent and to buy and sell players for profit. This wouldn't have happened under Burley so he got rid. This is still the case as players good enough for our team are punted on loan with a view to sell rather than play for us. He will now be hoping to showcase the U19 talent with a view to sell as the fans won't accept the Kaunas dross. Success breeds expectation and costs..............this was NEVER the intention.

Guest JamboRobbo

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with that. The reason behind the majority of the people who left, was Vlad acting like a numpty, interfering where he shouldn't be, and falling out with people right left and centre.

Guest JamboRobbo
[/b]

I don't think it's bollocks at all. A football club is also a business and a balance must be struck. I honestly believe that things changed when we were knocked out of the CL. A decent run then would have produced income to help balance the overspending on wages and it did not happen.

I agree with most of what you say there.

But I think we can't ignore WHY we were so poor by the time we were knocked out the CL and UEFA. And, IMO, it's because the rot had well and truly set in by then.

No manager, No directors who had a clue, players and coaches who cared about the club having had that battered and bullied out of them, other players who were only here for the money etc etc. Those who were talented enough to get out (and we had a few), had either already done so or were working on it.

All results of the actions our owner chose to take, when we were in a position of strength and moving forward.

We had an opportunity to really move the club forward. We ****ed it up big time.

jambos are go!

IMO the nightmare scenario is VR getting fed up with all the stick and threatens to walk away when he has returned the debt to ?20 million. He can say a Scottish Cup, CL place,stable finances and youth and community schemes mean that he has done OK. But unless here is White KnightII we are struggling. Think on that me asks those who use any excuse or rumour to berate him. We wont die but we'll be in the poor house particularly if the STs numbers fall. Thats why the boycott is madness.

A DICTATOR is an authoritarian ruler (e.g. absolutist or autocratic ) who assumes sole power over his or her state, though the term is normally not applied to those who acquire such position by regular constitutional means, such as a hereditary absolute monarch , except to denote personal abuse of power. :mad::mad::mad:

I think he assumed he could repeat the model for running Kaunus here and simply bit of more than he can chew.

God knows where that leaves us currently and in the short term other than in a mess.

Guest casper
[/b]

We never stood a chance of progressing in the Champions League because we went into it totally unprepared after the usual piggy-back races at preseason training and with no manager and no new players. Add to that romanov in the dugout in Athens and we were on a loser from the start. Like most other things at our club our Champions League campaign was a farce.

IMO the nightmare scenario is VR getting fed up with all the stick and threatens to walk away when he has returned the debt to ?20 million. He can say a Scottish Cup, CL place,stable finances and youth and community schemes mean that he has done OK. But unless here is White KnightII we are struggling. Think on that me asks those who use any excuse or rumour to berate him. We wont die but we'll be in the poor house particularly if the STs numbers fall. Thats why the boycott is madness.

Did you think the same about those berating CPR when he agreed to sell Tynie?

RockyBalboa
I think he assumed he could repeat the model for running Kaunus here and simply bit of more than he can chew.

God knows where that leaves us currently and in the short term other than in a mess.

Although nobody probably cares what I think that's what I reckon too.

I think he thought he could be a sucess here and has realised since that the Old firm are simply too big to take on without losing money every year. He's then proceeded to flog a few players to reduce costs and keep the Bank shareholders happy and flog a Kaunus player for big bucks to keep Kaunus happy. Who knows what the future holds though. Thats anyones guess.

Na, that's bollox. Some went because they were forced out (Webster, Tall, Brellier, etc), some went because they were the Riccarton 3, some went because they were sick of what was going on (Takis, Skacel, Pospisil, Bednar) and Janny went cos he was a lazy fat bassa.

All Romanovs fault, with the exception of Janny, the man's a fecking clown.

Webster had no intention of staying, Tall has only just left for wage reduction purposes, Brellier I'll give you, Pressley went because he and Vlad couldn't come to an amicable agreement which suited both parties, CG went because he was too good to stay, Hartley went because he wanted to, Takis left because he was told he wouldn't be playing every week and didn't fancy a mentoring role, Skacel wanted to leave because he thought he was too good for us & he didn't like Vlad much....Bednar I'll also give you (despite the fact he gave up on us way before we gave up on him) and are we really going to lament the loss of Pospisil???

:)

The intention was to showcase Lithuanian talent and to buy and sell players for profit. This wouldn't have happened under Burley so he got rid. This is still the case as players good enough for our team are punted on loan with a view to sell rather than play for us. He will now be hoping to showcase the U19 talent with a view to sell as the fans won't accept the Kaunas dross. Success breeds expectation and costs..............this was NEVER the intention.

That's pretty much how I see it, too.

My biggest bugbear was the transfer of Velicka just prior to the split. The penny finally dropped with me then that Romanov didn't care a toss about the footballing side (there are also umpteen other reasons, but the Velicka sale was concrete proof).

A reported ?600k was a paltry fee, plus if reports are to be believed, we don't see a penny.

Pants Shaton

His narcissistic personality disorder is a large part of the problem:

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following[1]:

-has a grandiose sense of self-importance

-is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

-believes that he or she is "special" and unique

-requires excessive admiration

-has a sense of entitlement

-is interpersonally exploitative

-lacks empathy

-is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her

-shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Romanov initially made grandiose promises about winning the SPL, appointed a quality manager and made quality additions to our 'Scottish backbone'.

In October 2005 he acquired total control of the football club; subsequently we've had no (real) manager and the squad of 2005 was systematically stripped away. The grand promises stopped.

He is not an idiot. He clearly thinks he can turn a profit (somehow) during his time at Hearts. Whether that is by fair means (redeveloping Tynecastle) or foul (Laundry, anyone?) - I don't know.

Those who lavish praise upon him for everything he has done for Hearts (Tynecastle, Scottish Cup, 2nd place etc.) should remind themselves that when he leaves Hearts he will not have lost any of his personal wealth - of that I'm convinced. Whether he leaves our club in a position to continue as a going concern - I have my doubts.

The average Hearts fan, through tickets and merchandise purchases, will spend a far greater proportion of their disposable income on Hearts than the Lithumaniac ever will. Ultimately it will be Hearts fans that save the club - not that mentalist.

Don't think he wants to fail, just don't think he has the time to commit to us thats all. he has left his idiotic son in charge and that's where it has went wrong for me.

I haven't renewed but i will still go along to support my team in the hope that things get better, i think they will this season...:pray::pray::pray:

jambos are go!
Did you think the same about those berating CPR when he agreed to sell Tynie?

SOH had a much more subtle strategy that kept a ST boycott on the backburner. They also tried to buy out the pressing SMG Debt and where SMGs only option for a while. For a long time they knew VR was in the background. And most of all they had virtually all the fans behind them.

As far as White KnightII is concerned we know virtually nothing except a few apparent nods and winks from Foulkes. Some guy who bankrolled Cardiff for a while is the only speculation I've heard.

SOH had a much more subtle strategy that kept a ST boycott on the backburner. They also tried to buy out the pressing SMG Debt and where SMGs only option for a while. For a long time they knew VR was in the background. And most of all they had virtually all the fans behind them.

As far as White KnightII is concerned we know virtually nothing except a few apparent nods and winks from Foulkes. Some guy who bankrolled Cardiff for a while is the only speculation I've heard.

There was no white knight, no VR on any horizon when the fans (quite rightly) began to be, on the whole, united against CPR.

Did you agree with the various protests back then?

My theory is, were just gonna tread water with the current squad for seasons 08/09 and 09/10, barely avoiding the drop.

Season 10/11, season tickets sold will be 16K plus. Capacity will be 24K where 10K of us will be housed in our minted new stand. From the new stand we will be in awe at the classy football played by our young and gifted Hearts players who?ve been cemented together by our (not before time) world class manager.

A gallon, yes a gallon of petrol will be ?1.30

Global warming will have arrived, 23 deg C in January. Gazprom can go and fling s***e at themselves.

The world?s best golfer will be white.

The world?s best rapper will be black.

Sorted!

Romanov doesn't want Hearts to fail. It is simply he is failing with Hearts. The reasons for which have been documented for the last few years on this site. I hope he does sell out because I think he's killing Hearts.

He should never have tried to take the press on.

He should never have tried to take the SFA on.

He should never have sacked the people he has.

He shouldn't have played with the careers of certain players.

He shouldn't have overspent as much as he did (and I think it is total pie in the sky that the debt is near ?20M now - have a word you only have to look at the monthly outgoings).

He shouldn't through his family tried to behave like a smart arse at the AGM and leave important financial questions unanswered.

He shouldn't be picking the team/substitutes etc.

He shouldn't have tried to make his pyramid scheme work here in Scotland.

He shouldn't have bought commercial property at the time he did.

He shouldn't have underestimated the planning process in Scotland.

He shouldn't have underestimated how hard it would be to open his little bank.

He should have treated the club with more respect.

He should have treated the fans with more respect.

He should have treated the players and staff with more respect.

Put any amount of spin and, dare I say, straw clutching to the events to date as you wish but you can't hide from the above. If he had put in a thesis on this to a college he would have been stamped Fail - please try harder.

His narcissistic personality disorder is a large part of the problem:

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following[1]:

-has a grandiose sense of self-importance

-is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

-believes that he or she is "special" and unique

-requires excessive admiration

-has a sense of entitlement

-is interpersonally exploitative

-lacks empathy

-is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her

-shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Romanov initially made grandiose promises about winning the SPL, appointed a quality manager and made quality additions to our 'Scottish backbone'.

In October 2005 he acquired total control of the football club; subsequently we've had no (real) manager and the squad of 2005 was systematically stripped away. The grand promises stopped.

He is not an idiot. He clearly thinks he can turn a profit (somehow) during his time at Hearts. Whether that is by fair means (redeveloping Tynecastle) or foul (Laundry, anyone?) - I don't know.

Those who lavish praise upon him for everything he has done for Hearts (Tynecastle, Scottish Cup, 2nd place etc.) should remind themselves that when he leaves Hearts he will not have lost any of his personal wealth - of that I'm convinced. Whether he leaves our club in a position to continue as a going concern - I have my doubts.

The average Hearts fan, through tickets and merchandise purchases, will spend a far greater proportion of their disposable income on Hearts than the Lithumaniac ever will. Ultimately it will be Hearts fans that save the club - not that mentalist.

Tell me you're kidding. I'm not being funny but when the Sun decided to turn their hand to amateur psychobabble, it was treated with the disdain it deserved. Unless you're qualified to make statements like that, I really wouldn't perpetuate the habits and whims of the press....

Yes, he's a bit of a mentalist. But this hardly qualifies as a 'personality disorder'. If it does, almost all personalities in Scottish football are similarly afflicted wouldn't you say?

I find this stuff really cringeworthy.

Dr. Bapswent
Tell me you're kidding. I'm not being funny but when the Sun decided to turn their hand to amateur psychobabble, it was treated with the disdain it deserved. Unless you're qualified to make statements like that, I really wouldn't perpetuate the habits and whims of the press....

Yes, he's a bit of a mentalist. But this hardly qualifies as a 'personality disorder'. If it does, almost all personalities in Scottish football are similarly afflicted wouldn't you say?

I find this stuff really cringeworthy.

Unfortunately everyone is an armchair psychologist as well as an armchair manager.

Archived