Whats wrong

Colonel Kurtz

Colonel Kurtz

With the manager interviews

1Who ever is conducting them

One question you never ask is"would you take the job if it was offered to you

This undermines the value of the post and puts doubt in the candidates mind...

this is a basic

2.The Location

simply put,you do not conduct your interviews in a Shethole.... like Lithuania

No wonder we couldnt recruit pigs to wallow

awadooningorgie2

No doubt swanning around Edinburgh, Tynecastle, Riccarton would be a damn sight more likely to succeed.

Sell the club to the guy. Make him sign there and then etc etc.

Colonel Kurtz
No doubt swanning around Edinburgh, Tynecastle, Riccarton would be a damn sight more likely to succeed.

Sell the club to the guy. Make him sign there and then etc etc.

Yes it would

When The Huns used to sign top players they brought them on a sight seeing trip to Edinburgh

why was that....see point 2 of my op

Cut The Crap

this is a basic

2.The Location

I think it's quite common in football at least though? It's the formulation that allowed Dougie Dalgleish to claim with a straight face that Eric Black had never been offered the job after JJ left.

FWIW I doubt the problem is so much with how is doing the interviewing as with the conditions we're offering. "There will always be a long queue of quality managers prepared to take the Hearts job," we were always told.

Apparently not.

brellierlegend

The main problem is obvious in my opinion. Potential managers want fulll control. Romanov will not promise this ever!

The main problem is obvious in my opinion. Potential managers want fulll control. Romanov will not promise this ever!

I'm sorry to say, i think that's it in a 'nutshell.':sad:

Guest JamboRobbo

I'm beginning to think this is the case.

I thought that at some point, he would learn from his mistakes, and realise that giving full control to the manager is a necessity if he wants to get the best out of the players at our club. But, the longer it drags on with no change from Vlad, and the clearer it becomes that change is required WITHOUT him reacting to this need for change, the less likely I think he is to ever change in the future.

I'm beginning to think this is the case.

I thought that at some point, he would learn from his mistakes, and realise that giving full control to the manager is a necessity if he wants to get the best out of the players at our club. But, the longer it drags on with no change from Vlad, and the clearer it becomes that change is required WITHOUT him reacting to this need for change, the less likely I think he is to ever change in the future.

Thing is he probably doesn't see it as a mistake, rather as a deficiency in the people he employs....they can't make his vision work.

Carrying on with this level of incompetence could quicken a decision whether Tynecastle is worth having over Hearts being ripped apart.

Jam Tarts 1874

2.The Location

I think you will find that Vilnius is a great place with a long history. It looks better than most UK cities and much cleaner too.

Jam Tarts 1874

You were present at talks with McGhee, Thordarson and Weiss? Or did Romanov call you to inform you of his thoughts on the matter?

I think you will find that Vilnius is a great place with a long history. It looks better than most UK cities and much cleaner too.

True I'm sure, lots of hot women there. But I can see Kurtz's point, Romanov should be conducting them at Tynecastle, having a tour of the place, look round Edinburgh and such. Always good to have a look at the environment you'll be working in, meet a few bods, while at the interview.

If we were attracting a real big name it would be an essential part of the process, however maybe Romanov doesn't see these candidates as such or he wants to lord it over them to emphasis that he's the big boi around these parts.

Doesn't seem to be working that well though does it?

You were present at talks with McGhee, Thordarson and Weiss? Or did Romanov call you to inform you of his thoughts on the matter?

I take it you read that that was his opinion and not a statement of fact?

Guest JamboRobbo

Actions speak louder than words.

portobellojambo1

this is a basic

2.The Location

Don't think the initial question you mention or the location are the problems with the manager's job CK. I assume that at a certain point within the interview process information is conveyed to the potential manager which makes up their mind for them, and if root cause analysis feedback was carried out in relation to why people turn the job down I think that analysis would come up with one simple factor - Vladimir Romanov and his interference in the football management position.

Colonel Kurtz

What a reference

Venice is beautiful,Vilnius is......clean,

Glasgow has a long history,but its stll a pit.

We are a shambles,my stance for the day is now dont renew.

One good thing to come out of all this is that previously the ever decreasing band of Romanov's 'little soldiers' on JKB had claimed that it was a very British flaw that a manager needed full control over football matters. However clearly we are now finding that football people from elsewhere in Europe also think he is a tool and are refusing to contemplate working for the imbecile given his interference and (false) belief he knows something about football.

Don't think the initial question you mention or the location are the problems with the manager's job CK. I assume that at a certain point within the interview process information is conveyed to the potential manager which makes up their mind for them, and if root cause analysis feedback was carried out in relation to why people turn the job down I think that analysis would come up with one simple factor - Vladimir Romanov and his interference in the football management position.

The thing is though PJ1 if we are going for a foreign manager is he expect to take the job without ever seeing Tynecastle, Riccarton or Edinburgh ?

This flying to Lithuania to meet VR is crazy IMO and contributing to us losing out in Mcghee IMO.

Archived