Scotsman announce Frail back in charge!

pennantjambo

pennantjambo

Todays Scotsman indicates that Frail will be in charge at the start of pre season as the search for a manager looks likely to continue over into next week.

They are still in pursuit of Miami with the Icelander being plan b if they cant capture the Slovak.

How long do these horses need to be flogged?

No they didn't.

They have stated that Weiss still hasn't made his mind up and if nothing has been resolved by next week then Frail would take care of pre-season until the situation was resolved.

Sensationalist threads are seriously dull on this board just now.

Give it a rest.

Charlie-Brown

What I don't understand is why the main story on Weiss on monday & tuesday was that he would have to speak with the Artmedia owner to get agreement to leave and this might take several days......but this has been ignored in the scotsman articles of yesterday and today.......has Weiss spoken with his Artmedia boss yet? Does the Scotsman know or not know? What are other papers saying?

What I don't understand is why the main story on Weiss on monday & tuesday was that he would have to speak with the Artmedia owner to get agreement to leave and this might take several days......but this has been ignored in the scotsman articles of yesterday and today.......has Weiss spoken with his Artmedia boss yet? Does the Scotsman know or not know? What are other papers saying?

I think Weiss is using us as leverage to get an improved deal at Artmedia and/or the Slovienan National job.

Seemingly Thor is no longer being considered - source David Southern. This was on Monday.

pennantjambo

Not much else in the other papers but it wolud appear that Hearts are giving Miami as much time as possible to make a decision one way or another, which seems ok.

If he says no and the fall back is the Icelander, then surely that is still better than the only other options which appear to be Frail or Ziggy.

jack D and coke
No they didn't.

They have stated that Weiss still hasn't made his mind up and if nothing has been resolved by next week then Frail would take care of pre-season until the situation was resolved.

Sensationalist threads are seriously dull on this board just now.

Give it a rest.

Would you be that suprised? I know i wouldn't. Not even a pretty unknown slovak from a back water league will work for this balloon. When will people realise that nothing is really going to change with this idiot in charge? I really hope Frail tells him to stick it up his hole, i know i would. F***** idiot.

the list of credible candidates has long gone, who in their right mind would take this job, spineless puppet yes men aside ?

Gigolo-Aunt

Excellent.

Potentially going in to pre-season with our hands tied behind our back.

What a crock of ****.

Excellent.

What a crock of ****.

totally agree. Players are being sold / loaned out left right and centre, NO sign of a real manager and everytime I hear a radio interview with one of our players, they comment that " we have some really good players at the club", not at this rate if they are being punted. We'll end up with a team full of crap, frail still in charge and still taking the flak for our losses on the pitch.

Excellent.

For the third season in a row.

:mad:

Jam Tarts 1874
Players are being sold / loaned out left right and centre

It's definately a desperate situation if we end up going into pre-season with Frail "in charge" again.

However so far, I've not seen any players sold since the season ended so I don't know where you are getting your information.

Charlie-Brown

The mood on this forum sways back and forth with each negative / positive news report......the scotsman / evening news said on monday and tuesday that there could be a delay with weiss due to the owner refusing to hurry to meet with him......has this been resolved yet?

shaun.lawson
Was Frail Plan A all along?

No - he's about Plan G or H.

Stewart MacD

The most annoying thing is the lack of communication from the Club.

The "bananas for the press box" days should be over now and good relations established*

*The "Hun" excepted..

Anyway, find that infamous fax number and let the owner know we want H?gar and Butcher to kick erse (mainly because I want lots of dreadful Viking and "pining for the Fiords" puns/jokes.

Gigolo-Aunt
The mood on this forum sways back and forth with each negative / positive news report......the scotsman / evening news said on monday and tuesday that there could be a delay with weiss due to the owner refusing to hurry to meet with him......has this been resolved yet?

Charlie...

If you had said in January that we would be going in to pre-season with the same management team, I would have said no - not happening.

If you had said in March that we would, I would have said ye of little faith.

If you had said when the season finished that we would, I would have said no, this is now business time - plenty of time to talk.

The players are returning from holidays next week?

I think you cant blame posters for being a little hysteric at the sign of bad news.

Every pre-season follows a patern.

McGhee a done deal or not.

Weiss stalling or not.

Its simply not good enough.

Guest JamboRobbo
Excellent.

What a crock of ****.

I same to remember saying that last year. And the year before. And being told I was overly negative and a Hobo for my troubles.

PresidentRomanov
I same to remember saying that last year. And the year before. And being told I was overly negative and a Hobo for my troubles.

You - overly negative :eek:

It's definately a desperate situation if we end up going into pre-season with Frail "in charge" again.

However so far, I've not seen any players sold since the season ended so I don't know where you are getting your information.

Roman Bednar ring any bells with you??

I think Weiss is using us as leverage to get an improved deal at Artmedia and/or the Slovienan National job.

Seemingly Thor is no longer being considered - source David Southern. This was on Monday.

Not trying to be funny, but would he know?

Gigolo-Aunt

Hobo.

;)

winston churchill

is this the same frail he sacked in may.

i am glad i held onto my season ticket money.

Guest JamboRobbo
You - overly negative :eek:

Indeed. Almost as surprising as seeing you accused of being a bigot.

Guest casper

Aye, we've been waiting 6 months for a manager, another few days won't make much difference.

FWIW I reckon if the boy wanted to come he'd be here by now. Sounds a bit like the McGhee debacle to me.

pennantjambo

The current mood is understandable given the frustration felt amongst the fans at the lack of news/information coming from the club.

Anyone involved in HR/Personnel will tell you that it would be very unprofessional to comment on potential candidates for a post until the selection process has been completed and all the relevant parties have been informed.

It would appear that the only two candidates in the frame are Miami & the Iceman and until one of them is put in place which looks like being next week sometime but if not before the 25th June it will be Frail in charge.

The genuine concern for me would be the very realistic prospect of both these candidates being unsucessful for whatever reason and we are left with a Ziggy/Frail partnership.

There would be absolutely no excuses that could placate me on this outcome. Vlad has had heaps of time to get this done and done right.

Seymour M Hersh
Would you be that suprised? I know i wouldn't. Not even a pretty unknown slovak from a back water league will work for this balloon. When will people realise that nothing is really going to change with this idiot in charge? I really hope Frail tells him to stick it up his hole, i know i would. F***** idiot.

Well if we have no-one in place by next Wednesday, a distinct possibility the way things are dragging out what would you do?

It's Groundhog Day. What a mess. Again.

Yup.

The only difference is we're all resigned to this now.

Guest casper
Well if we have no-one in place by next Wednesday, a distinct possibility the way things are dragging out what would you do?

Not have got into this situation in the first place.

The trail of incompetence leads all the way back to the day Burley was sacked.

Guest JamboRobbo

FWIW I reckon if the boy wanted to come he'd be here by now. Sounds a bit like the McGhee debacle to me.

I'm thinking the same. Sounds to me like he might be using us to get a pay rise out of his current boss.

Seems we have to offer crazy money to try and persuade managers to come, and even then, they still don't want to come. They just want to use Vlad to get more money out of their current employers.

Still, that is the situation we have brought upon ourselves by our actions over the past couple of years.

So Frail, Korobochka and Malofeev are the only people on the planet that want to work for Hearts that's just great, bloody great, cheers Vlad. Not that it's got anything to do with who owns the club obviously :P

Jam Tarts 1874
Roman Bednar ring any bells with you??

The Bednar deal was done this time last year! WBA have taken up their option to buy which was arranged before last season even started, therefore it is you who have got it wrong sunshine. :mad:

jamborleystatto

were a discrace,a big club my erse,so embarassing we cant even get any manager in over a year of searching,were suposed to go in2 pre season with optimism,who on here genuinly feels that for this season.im pished off already ,hamilton wont be a gretna this season,be afraid,be very afraid lol,no europe 3 year in a row??giv me something to be up about cos im struggling,

Drylaw Hearts
The Bednar deal was done this time last year! WBA have taken up their option to buy which was arranged before last season even started, therefore it is you who have got it wrong sunshine. :mad:

Bednar was sold in May 2008.

Yes or No ?

I'm thinking the same. Sounds to me like he might be using us to get a pay rise out of his current boss.

Seems we have to offer crazy money to try and persuade managers to come, and even then, they still don't want to come. They just want to use Vlad to get more money out of their current employers.

Still, that is the situation we have brought upon ourselves by our actions over the past couple of years.

Robbo, you keep using the word 'WE' That implies that 'WE' have an input into the madness which has been going on. We don't!

All of the madness going on is caused by one crazy arse who does not give a **** about the club.

Not trying to be funny, but would he know?

Fair enough point.

I am not too sure what his role is - Communications? But i suppose if Campbell Ogilvie doesn't know what's going on then it would be safe to assume David Southern doesn't either.

More to the point - does anyone at Hearts (outside VR) KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON?

Drylaw Hearts
Seriously, why are we waiting for this guy to make his mind up?

Give him a deadline, if no decision, by that date move on. The fact that he is taking so long IMO tells its own story.

No matter how people dress it up, the way Hearts have handled the search and appointment, if we get one, of the manager is a disgrace.

Ameteurish is a word that springs to mind.

Farcical is another.

Somebody, somewhere needs their arse kicked for carrying out this 'search' with an embarassing level of incompetence.

is this the same frail he sacked in may.

i am glad i held onto my season ticket money.

I don't think Frail was ever sacked.

I think his contract was being allowed to run it's course - end of June? but now I would say he will be here until further notice if not indefinately.

The only thing worse than a negitive moaning git is a negitive moaning git who is right ;);)

in all seriousness i must admit i am very concerned as i dont rate the guys we are chasing and we can not even land them ANYWAY

Buffalo Bill

Embarrasing.

Unless McGhee had signed a pre-contract agreement, we really should've had a plan B.

Now were chasing guys whose CVs are hardly getting our lips quivering.

And worst of all is that we are now facing our biggest recuring nightmare (Frail/Korbotchka etc).

How about we just get Jim Jeffries in for a year or two to at least steady the ship until our stand is built. Maybe he could bring in a few 'SPL' guys that would give 100%. Sounds all right to me.

Buffalo Bill

Drylaw Hearts

I can never remember the football side of any club, being run so shambolically.

Neither can I.

letsmakesomenoise
How about we just get Jim Jeffries in for a year or two to at least steady the ship until our stand is built. .

Do you seriously, seriously think that is ever going to happen? There is not chance in hell this muppet will ever build that thing. We are being systematically asset stripped, then he'll flog us off (or wind us up) once the debts back to what he paid for us.

And I'm NOT a hobo, before anyone asks

Geoff Kilpatrick
Seriously, why are we waiting for this guy to make his mind up?

Give him a deadline, if no decision, by that date move on. The fact that he is taking so long IMO tells its own story.

No matter how people dress it up, the way Hearts have handled the search and appointment, if we get one, of the manager is a disgrace.

Correct.

And at this rate of going, the cashflow is going to get a lot worse.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Fair enough point.

I am not too sure what his role is - Communications? But i suppose if Campbell Ogilvie doesn't know what's going on then it would be safe to assume David Southern doesn't either.

More to the point - does anyone at Hearts (outside VR) KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON?

No they don't, IMHO.

Vlad's flying solo.

I'm tempted to say "leave him to it". :mad:

We're all assuming Weiss has not made up his mind but have no credible source for believing that.

Suppose, just suppose, he has said "yes" but I want to bring my friend Lubomir Miravcek as Assistant Manager and VR agrees. Would that not involve negotiations with the Slovak FA as LM is the U17 coach and would that not take a bit of time to sort out?

Just a thought.

Guest casper
We're all assuming Weiss has not made up his mind but have no credible source for believing that.

Suppose, just suppose, he has said "yes" but I want to bring my friend Lubomir Miravcek as Assistant Manager and VR agrees. Would that not involve negotiations with the Slovak FA as LM is the U17 coach and would that not take a bit of time to sort out?

Just a thought.

You could dream up any number of reasons for the delay in appointing a manager. This one's as good as any.

Archived