The happening...

Toggie88

Commander Harris
is utter gash. :mad:

that good?

just so I know where your coming from, what did you think of Shyamalan's other films?

that good?

just so I know where your coming from, what did you think of Shyamalan's other films?

The Others - Superb film.

Signs - meh, it was light entertainment and had a small twist. Would watch it again if nout else was on.

Commander Harris
The Others - Superb film.

Signs - meh, it was light entertainment and had a small twist. Would watch it again if nout else was on.

do you mean The Village? The Others was a Amen?bar film.

do you mean The Village? The Others was a Amen?bar film.

Aye, sorry.

The Village was excellent, never imagined the twist (The others was alright, could see the twist coming).

It's a pile of pish tbh. Someone said there was a twist? Where? Was it half way through? Read it from a mile off to be fair.

Thank Jebus I watched it online and didn't waste good beer money at the flicks :D

Didn't he also do unbreakable and 6th sense ?

6th Sense was decent, good twist. Unbreakable could have been decent but just fell at the last hurdle for me.

Most of his stuff is the same, maybe in 50yrs it will be truly appreciated ;)

coppercrutch
6th Sense was decent, good twist. Unbreakable could have been decent but just fell at the last hurdle for me.

Most of his stuff is the same, maybe in 50yrs it will be truly appreciated ;)

You never know. Thing is a great film like **** is as brilliant to watch now as 20 years ago.

I reckon that is the mark of a great film. :)

Ha yes, keeps me amused so they do! Links on the right are free, stuff in the middle ain't. You'll need DivX and Veoh plug-ins for certain films.

I'm waiting for Hancock to come out and that new one with Jolie ;)

M. Night Shyamalan's films have been going steadily downhill since Sixth Sense.

I did really like Unbreakable though, mainly because I'm a comic book fan and the superman myth is a classic literary conceit, going back to Hercules, Samson etc. I thought that he delivered a clever re imagining, contrasting the fragile Elijah Price with the invulnerable David Dunn gave a sci-fi classic a realistic twist.

It's a pile of pish tbh. Someone said there was a twist? Where? Was it half way through? Read it from a mile off to be fair.

Thank Jebus I watched it online and didn't waste good beer money at the flicks :D

There is no twist in The Happening. Its gash. MArk Wahlberg is rubbish in it. His voice inflects all the way through as though he was Chandler from Friends. Drove me bammy. The birds nice tho! ;)

There is no twist in The Happening. Its gash. MArk Wahlberg is rubbish in it. His voice inflects all the way through as though he was Chandler from Friends. Drove me bammy. The birds nice tho! ;)

At first I thought it was quite artistic, the twist is there is no twist...then I realised it was just ****e.

The script was pretty awful as well.

I think what's happened is Shyamalan has had an idea for a film, which give him credit was a good idea, but after this initial idea he's just run flat and didn't have a clue how to wrap it up.

The film is essientally a very long Party Political Broadcast for the Green Party.

The bird is pretty good and I liked her character, one of the few plus points.

At first I thought it was quite artistic, the twist is there is no twist...then I realised it was just ****e.

The script was pretty awful as well.

I think what's happened is Shyamalan has had an idea for a film, which give him credit was a good idea, but after this initial idea he's just run flat and didn't have a clue how to wrap it up.

The film is essientally a very long Party Political Broadcast for the Green Party.

The bird is pretty good and I liked her character, one of the few plus points.

Christ, dont get me started on the script. Total jobbies.

Zooey Deshanel (sp?) Quality! would love to dress her up in her ELF outfit.....or is that just me being a bit weird?

Totally agree, gash film.

There is no real story, it is horribly constructed by Shyamalan. Just seems like it was made up as it went along...but without any inspiration. As for Wahlberg, he has to win a razzie or whatever they are this year. Woeful acting. So bad it is funny (the 'oh no' bit in the field about half way through!).

I was hopeful about it as well, but Shyamalan is on a steep downhill with his films these days. Not sure he can beat this though!

Christ, dont get me started on the script. Total jobbies.

Zooey Deshanel (sp?) Quality! would love to dress her up in her ELF outfit.....or is that just me being a bit weird?

Yeah when I said the script "was pretty bad", I actually meant it was 'the most ****e scrip I've ever read/heard'. Some truely woeful lines that wouldn't be out of place in a High School/College media project. Absolute dire.

Yeah, I though Zooey's character was the only good thing about this movie. She played the part perfectively I thought...

she's also hot.

Am taking a chic to the pics the mourn, was thinking about going to see the "happening" but after reading the comments am changing my mind.

Is there any good films in the pics? any1 seen "gone baby gone"?

cheerz

• 2 years later...
Buffalo Bill

I've had this recorded for a few weeks and finally watched it tonight.

I thought it was an excellent film, very unusual and sinister.

I realise the critics savaged it, as have most on here but I liked it a lot.

I thought I must have been pissed when typing those posts until I noticed it was in 2008! That film is still crap though.

Buffalo Bill

I thought I must have been pissed when typing those posts until I noticed it was in 2008! That film is still crap though.

Nice use of the search facility I thought.

Wonderful film people. Watch it.

Nice use of the search facility I thought.

Wonderful film people. Watch it.

I sense youre trying to get people to waste their time on a bank holiday.

Good work.

Jamboelite

Up there with one of the worst films I have ever seen truly truly awful.

Bad script, bad story, bad acting, bad bad bad bad bad

Everyone should watch it to realise how bad it is.

The Happening was okay I thought.

A few others I'd recommend:

Knowing

Moon

Children of Men

Book of Eli

Sunshine

I've had this recorded for a few weeks and finally watched it tonight.

I thought it was an excellent film, very unusual and sinister.

I realise the critics savaged it, as have most on here but I liked it a lot.

Can't honestly think what of merit you could find in this, it's truly awful even with the stunning Zooey Deschanel in it. It's not nick-named "The Crappening" for nothing. M Night Shamalamadingdong is a one-trick pony, and even that is a hobbled one ready to melted down into glue.

The Happening was okay I thought.

A few others I'd recommend:

Knowing

Moon

Children of Men

Book of Eli

Sunshine

Moon was a cracking watch. The happening was terrible though. The lawnmower scene :lol: :lol: :lol:

Buffalo Bill

Can't honestly think what of merit you could find in this, it's truly awful even with the stunning Zooey Deschanel in it. It's not nick-named "The Crappening" for nothing. M Night Shamalamadingdong is a one-trick pony, and even that is a hobbled one ready to melted down into glue.

Well I stand by my assessment but I also recognise that nearly everyone else hated it.

P.S. Shades of 9/11 early on. Horrific.

The Happening is a film so bad that it has to be watched.

When the old woman nutted the window. :laugh:

Buffalo Bill

The Happening is a film so bad that it has to be watched.

When the old woman nutted the window. :laugh:

She was the scariest thing about this excellent film - reminded me of my own mother!

There's no way I'd have spent the night there; especially when pretty much every other house was empty.

Archived