Larsson and the interviewer

crazy_jambo_2006

crazy_jambo_2006

Larsson's just been intervieweed on itv.

Interviewer: "was it a case of old legs, an old team?" when asking Larsson why they lost tonight? How disrespectful! I noticed throughout the game the commentators were continually slagging Sweden for being too old etc. Not impressed with the commentary tbh.

As for Larsson: I always respect Larsson. One of the foreigners, who've brought quality to the SPL. I know he scored a lot of goals, so folk may not like the guy, but he was good enough to score those goals and was a quality player - even playing for United when he was 34 (?) and international football til 36. Also, people say he's taken another player's place by playing in euro 2008. Well, the manager picked him and deemed him good/important enough to take that other player's place. So can't blame Larsson for agreeing to return for Sweden.

Top top player,glad I did get to see him play in the Scottish league along with Laudrup and Gascoigne.(oops)

It was either Larsson or subjecting the world to three games featuring Markus Allback.

WorldChampions1902

As for Larsson: I always respect Larsson. One of the foreigners, who've brought quality to the SPL. I know he scored a lot of goals, so folk may not like the guy, but he was good enough to score those goals and was a quality player

I strongly believe that the football-paying public in Scotland were privileged to watch such a talented footballer ply his trade - aside from the fact he played for Celtic. Just as I believed how lucky we were to enjoy the talents of Paul Gascoigne.

Henrik Larsson nearly always used to score against us and I dreaded Celtic matches even more if he was playing. He certainly has my admiration and always will have.

Interviewer: "was it a case of old legs, an old team?" when asking Larsson why they lost tonight? How disrespectful! I noticed throughout the game the commentators were continually slagging Sweden for being too old etc. Not impressed with the commentary tbh.

Larsson should have knocked the fecker out .

Ignorant English Kent.

I lost a lot of respect for him when he trooped off down the tunnel in his last appearance at Tynecastle and didn't bother to acknowledge the Hearts support who virtually to a man, woman and child stood to applaud him.

Dagger Is Back

Larsson was a class act. I'm glad I got the chance to watch him. A footballer in every sense of the word. A true ambassador for the game and there are many many footballers around the world who could learn things from him like humility.

If any kid out there needed a role model they didn't have to look too far away from HL.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

As for Larsson: I always respect Larsson. One of the foreigners, who've brought quality to the SPL. I know he scored a lot of goals, so folk may not like the guy, but he was good enough to score those goals and was a quality player - even playing for United when he was 34 (?) and international football til 36. Also, people say he's taken another player's place by playing in euro 2008. Well, the manager picked him and deemed him good/important enough to take that other player's place. So can't blame Larsson for agreeing to return for Sweden.

No doubt though that Sweden lost to a younger, fresher side who were still running riot at the end

crazy_jambo_2006

Agreed, but the arrogant English commentator was almost sneering. I bet he's just bitter England weren't at the tournament. Larsson dealt with the moron's stupid remark very well. He actually said he'd play on. But I got the impression Larsson was quite annoyed with the buffoon.

No doubt though that Sweden lost to a younger, fresher side who were still running riot at the end

Jimmy McNulty
I lost a lot of respect for him when he trooped off down the tunnel in his last appearance at Tynecastle and didn't bother to acknowledge the Hearts support who virtually to a man, woman and child stood to applaud him.

What's he gonna do? Wave to the Hearts support? I dunno....

What's he gonna do? Wave to the Hearts support? I dunno....

An acknowleding hand, momentary applause? Certainly not a triumphant fist to the heart though. That would be sacrilege.

The Old Tolbooth

Larsson, one of the games true pro's, and true gentlemen.

There aint many players that I was in awe of watching playing for the old firm, but Larsson was definitely one of them!

Others would include

Laudrup

Gascoigne

Di Canio

Tortolano :D

Davie Cooper

possibly Lubo Moravcik also

All very gifted, talented players that as football fans should be appreciated.

Captain America

Larsson was always player i respected along with Lubo Moravcik, who i felt was most skillful player to play in SPL, Also at half time during 3-0 victory over Celtic in 0506 season i applauded Roy Keane off pitch, that was respect for what he had done at Man u rather than Celtic. Slagging opponents players is always fun, but now and again some deserve respect for their achievements and skill.

shaun.lawson
Agreed, but the arrogant English commentator was almost sneering. I bet he's just bitter England weren't at the tournament. Larsson dealt with the moron's stupid remark very well. He actually said he'd play on. But I got the impression Larsson was quite annoyed with the buffoon.

See, this is what annoys me. He wasn't 'arrogant' (surely shome mishtake - all English football reporters and players are arrogant, aren't they? People say it on Kickback, so it must be true

:rolleyes:), and sure as heck wasn't 'sneering' either. He made a plainly very accurate comment: old players, old team. What should he have done instead? Prostrated himself before Larsson, and hung on his every word?

And I can't believe there are actually people out there sad enough to complain to ITV on the strength of this. You know, if you ever got that ten ton chip off your shoulder and lost the inferiority complex, you might find life becomes a whole lot easier...

See, this is what annoys me. He wasn't 'arrogant' (surely shome mishtake - all English football reporters and players are arrogant, aren't they? People say it on Kickback, so it must be true

:rolleyes:), and sure as heck wasn't 'sneering' either. He made a plainly very accurate comment: old players, old team. What should he have done instead? Prostrated himself before Larsson, and hung on his every word?

And I can't believe there are actually people out there sad enough to complain to ITV on the strength of this. You know, if you ever got that ten ton chip off your shoulder and lost the inferiority complex, you might find life becomes a whole lot easier...

I agree with this.

The fact that he was English is neither here nor there. He stated an observation that Sweden are indeed and 'ageing' team. Henrik, for all his great past achievements, is on the way out and that was all that was suggested.

The interviewer could've been Welsh for instance. Would that've made him a dumbass leek muncher?!

BangkokHearts

The commentator was probably an Arsenal fan.

Stewart MacD

[quote=Dave 1974;33135

The interviewer could've been Welsh for instance. Would that've made him a dumbass leek muncher?!

A rhetorical question, I trust?

Seymour M Hersh

Fair enough shaun but what about Neville (the everton one) coming out yesterday in the media saying England would have done this and that and having looked at the teams in Euro 08 had nothing to fear from any of them. Would that smack of arrogance to you?

shaun.lawson
Fair enough shaun but what about Neville (the everton one) coming out yesterday in the media saying England would have done this and that and having looked at the teams in Euro 08 had nothing to fear from any of them. Would that smack of arrogance to you?

Absolutely! Not only arrogance, but mindblowing stupidity. I usually defend Phil, and feel he's been very unlucky to miss out on three World Cup squads, and generally utilised wrongly when he has been selected (most notably Keegan, who expected a right-footed player to play at left back), but these comments, though I've not seen them myself, are just absolutely idiotic. No England fan I know, and certainly not Capello or players like Gerrard, will have any truck with them, I'm certain of that.

crazy_jambo_2006

I am not going to complain to ITV. My comment about complaining was tongue-in-cheek (as someone had also complained about Motson to BBC?? - see another thread).

I don't need kickback to form my own opinions, thank you. "People say it on Kickback, so it must be true" - no actually, I've watched enough football and seen enough English media to form my OWN opinion that the English media can be arrogant. Sorry if you don't agree. But that's my opinion. And please don't insinuate I only believe they are arrogant because people on kickback say they are!!! I don't put much credence into what I read on kickback.

I believe he was sneering. My opinion. I didn't like sneering. Everything is open to perception and interpretation - someone else may think he wasn't sneering. I think he was.

I wish I could edit my original post to ditch the "English" part and just write "arrogant commentator". I don't give a stuff that he's English. My point was he's arrogant. I just wrote he's English, just because he is English, not to score some points against England.

I would also like to delete my point about complaining to itv if I could - as some people may not have got that it was meant joke/"tongue in cheek".

Final point - I don't have inferiority complex. Wrong assumption about me based just on what I write.

the jambo poet
I am not going to complain to ITV. My comment about complaining was tongue-in-cheek (as someone had also complained about Motson to BBC?? - see another thread).

I don't need kickback to form my own opinions, thank you. "People say it on Kickback, so it must be true" - no actually, I've watched enough football and seen enough English media to form my OWN opinion that the English media can be arrogant. Sorry if you don't agree. But that's my opinion. And please don't insinuate I only believe they are arrogant because people on kickback say they are!!! I don't put much credence into what I read on kickback.

I believe he was sneering. My opinion. I didn't like sneering. Everything is open to perception and interpretation - someone else may think he wasn't sneering. I think he was.

I wish I could edit my original post to ditch the "English" part and just write "arrogant commentator". I don't give a stuff that he's English. My point was he's arrogant. I just wrote he's English, just because he is English, not to score some points against England.

I would also like to delete my point about complaining to itv if I could - as some people may not have got that it was meant joke/"tongue in cheek".

Final point - I don't have inferiority complex. Wrong assumption about me based just on what I write.

it was merely his opinion......

Ron Burgundy

Sorry to spoil the "love in" but the amount of times that git fell over on his arse or left a sneaky foot in and got away with it was a joke.Good player but turned into a typical Sellic dobber.

Sorry to spoil the "love in" but the amount of times that git fell over on his arse or left a sneaky foot in and got away with it was a joke.Good player but turned into a typical Sellic dobber.

Just read through this thread, and you are the only one to remember the cheating diving ( naughty word starts with a " C")! Short memories on here, about how he dived and cheated his way in EVERY game. Why such a good player had to resort to this, I will never know. But he was a master a diving and most will remember the pictures of him in a scuba suit.

Larsson, top class professional.

Commentary was shocking. Did anyone else notice they kept going on about Russia and the Soviet Union/USSR, You would have thought the independent states had only just formed! :wacko::mad: Total ignorance.

Jam Tarts 1874

Larsson did demonstrate how bad our SPL is when just one world class player can make such a big difference. The same goes for Laudrup when he was at Rangers and to an extent Gasgoigne.

How much did Celtic pay for Larsson again? Around ?600k to ?700k? What a bargain!

Now if only Pinilla........................!

Sorry to spoil the "love in" but the amount of times that git fell over on his arse or left a sneaky foot in and got away with it was a joke.

Correct. :mad:

I've never cheered, applauded or otherwise (positively) acknowledged the contribution of any player who's played against Hearts and if I did, I certainly wouldn't do it for a mhank like Lharsson. :mad:

I find many of the crawly bum-licking posts on this thread to be quite disturbing. :boak:

It's about time certain people reminded themselves what football is all about. One supports one's own team, not the opposition. :sad:

Correct. :mad:

I've never cheered, applauded or otherwise (positively) acknowledged the contribution of any player who's played against Hearts and if I did, I certainly wouldn't do it for a mhank like Lharsson. :mad:

I find many of the crawly bum-licking posts on this thread to be quite disturbing. :boak:

It's about time certain people reminded themselves what football is all about. One supports one's own team, not the opposition. :sad:

What is your take on Brian Laudrup?

Personally, i found him to be a fanstatic player and a credit to the Scottish league when he played here.

Goldstone Wonder

:rolleyes:), and sure as heck wasn't 'sneering' either. .

I actually thought it was arrogant, sneering and downright condescending. I'm no fan of Sweden. I think they brought very little to this competition but I thought the manner in which the question was asked showed a lack of respect and if it had been me in Larsson's shoes, I would have told him to shove his question where the sun doesn't shine. Can just imagine that guy asking the same question of Beckham. Not.

Mind you compared to the utterly irrelevant interviews with Capello/Beckham/some other England player which seem to come up every night at half time; the fawning over EnglandsHowardWebb (see Peter Drury last night "well taken by Juanito and well waved on by Howard Webb!"; and the reference not to Turkey but ColinKazimRichards'Turkey, it's a minor gripe.

Still at least we're missing out on the usual "Let's go over to the England Camp now with Garth Crooks who is talking to Rio Ferdinand...." shecht.

Larsson did demonstrate how bad our SPL is when just one world class player can make such a big difference. The same goes for Laudrup when he was at Rangers and to an extent Gasgoigne.

How much did Celtic pay for Larsson again? Around ?600k to ?700k? What a bargain!

Now if only Pinilla........................!

out of opposition players iv only ever clapped stubbs and larsson.

larsson was a genius and is probably the best player to have graced scottish pitches

therapist i thought you only added an h to pressleys name cos he thumped his chest??

is your name really terapist??

Archived