Bitcoin and all that

Unknown user

That thing you do
3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

That seems like a lot of pissing around to me, and will most likely put any newcomer off. 

Is there a reason why you don't just use the Crypto.com app?

Yes. By linking to the bank I can get my taxes done on autopilot. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Jeff

• Rudolf's Mate

• graygo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That thing you do
7 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

That seems like a lot of pissing around to me, and will most likely put any newcomer off. 

Is there a reason why you don't just use the Crypto.com app?

If you have an interest, there are some good investment groups on telegram. Im in one with a group of guys mainly based in New York. We met up in NYC in 2019 and Id say that group has done seriously well out of it. If anyone wants to join, DM me and Ill give you the link.

Dawnrazor
35 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Well, Ill give you a tangible example thats a 12 grand investment

Buy OM at 6c current price 24c return 3x value now 36,000

Timeline - 59 days. Target in bull run $2.50

My first investment was ENJ. I bought 30k of that also at 6c

Had just over 400,000 coins after playing with trading dips. Sold for 1.50 last bull run,  which paid off my house and got us a new bathroom and kitchen.

Timeline - 4 Years

To answer what would someone buy?

Cryptos have lots of uses so the first thing is to decide which ones interest you and which ones so you have knowledge about. I went with gaming and metaverse tokens as I felt I knew enough about them to judge possible results.

Other categories such a DeFi (decentralised finance) I have much less of a clue and dont invest in

My current investments are around RWA (Real World Assets) ie tokenising real estate (ie NFT deeds) amongst others. I think RWA will be a theme in the upcoming bullrun

Then I have my own cryptocurrency Im bringing out in the end of the year with partners: ALBA (no nothing to do with the political party and Salmond), currently getting the smart contract coded and then after thats audited we shall be in business.

Cheers for that, food for thought.

Bonnie Prince Charlie

What a lot of garbage, worked in finance for many years and I hope it all works out for you but I think you are deluded

Dawnrazor
5 minutes ago, Bonnie Prince Charlie said:

What a lot of garbage, worked in finance for many years and I hope it all works out for you but I think you are deluded

🤦 So no then?

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Say someone had ten grand to invest, what would they buy? Roughly what would the return be?

If you'd bought OM (Mantra) in and around St Patrick's Day 2021, your £10K would currently be worth about £3,300.  So that's a decline of 67% in just under three years.  Any investment looks great if you get the timing right, and terrible if you get it wrong, especially the volatile products.

Edited by Ulysses
Typo

Dawnrazor
2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

If you'd bought OM (Mantra) in and around St Patrick's Day 2021, your £10K would currently be worth about £3,300.  So that's a decline of 67% in just under three years.  Any investment looks great if you get the timing right, and terrible if you get it wrong, especially the volatile products.

👍

That thing you do
5 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

If you'd bought OM (Mantra) in and around St Patrick's Day 2021, your £10K would currently be worth about £3,300.  So that's a decline of 67% in just under 2 years.  Any investment looks great if you get the timing right, and terrible if you get it wrong, especially the volatile products.

You are correct, however, I buy based on TA and charts and/or research and mantras recent rise is due to changes within the project and proposals voted on in the DAO and I was aware of them as I spent time in the telegram groups of the coin.

Crypto is volatile as fk. You can be down 80% or up 80%. My point is though, you can and will make a cracking return in the bull market but you have to sell at right time. I previously said I had ENJ.I sold 400,000 coins at 1.50? That wasnt the top of the market. But I didnt chase the top or try to predict it, I took a sensible deal. 

Edited by That thing you do

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

👍

On the other hand, if you'd bought £10,000 in or around Christmas 2020 and sold it on Paddy's Day 2021, you'd have pocketed more than £100,000. :laugh: 

Dawnrazor
Just now, Ulysses said:

On the other hand, if you'd bought £10,000 in or around Christmas 2020 and sold it on Paddy's Day 2021, you'd have pocketed more than £100,000. :laugh: 

😪😪

1 minute ago, That thing you do said:

You are correct, however, I buy based on TA and charts and/or research and mantras recent rise is due to changes within the project and project and I was aware of them as I spent time in the telegram groups of the coin.

It's weird how doing this in crypto can make you money, while doing it in most other financial products can get you arrested.  :laugh: 

That thing you do
4 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

It's weird how doing this in crypto can make you money, while doing it in most other financial products can get you arrested.  :laugh: 

Its not insider trading though

I followed the news which was in a nutshell the DAO voted to mke OM the coin of the Blockchain as well as the product, doubling its tokenomics. I bought it long before it was voted in by 98% I just predicted it would be and it would pump.

And on paddys day 2021...it was the top of the last bull market. If I bought OM at the top of the market that would be a very dumb idea :)

But it circles back to my original point, timing is important. BTC will plenty of dives (and as a result so will OM) between now and the top of the bull..but being in now, or waiting for BTC and getting in, it will be worth it by 2025.

2 hours ago, That thing you do said:

....timing is important....

It always is, regardless of what you're buying and selling.

hughesie27
4 hours ago, That thing you do said:

My current investments are around RWA (Real World Assets) ie tokenising real estate (ie NFT deeds) amongst others. I think RWA will be a theme in the upcoming bullrun

In an absolutely non Shilly way, have you looked at StrikeX?

https://blog.strikex.com/strikex-the-rwa-revolution-is-here-7afbcc563ac2

4 hours ago, That thing you do said:

If I bought OM at the top of the market that would be a very dumb idea :)

At the risk of stating the obvious, it's only a dumb idea when you know it's the top of the market - which means it only becomes a dumb idea after the event.

Jim_Duncan

Thank feck Hibs fans don’t invest in crypto, otherwise they’d have been launching their laptops at our players last night. 

That thing you do

From a site I know:

You can sit there and joke, laugh, or ridicule this post all you want, but regardless, one thing is certain. Crypto bullrun nocoiners/naysayers will absolutely miss one of the best opportunities of their lives. It's time to take your future seriously. It's not a joke.

Your highest ROI's will come from the HOURS that YOU put into researching small/medium cap altcoins, but only after you have DCA'd into them and built positions over time with conviction.

YES it's possible, and even extremely realistic with proper timing to take a $10k high conviction bag and 100x it into a million dollars. A lot of people think things aren't possible, simply because they haven't happened to them or they're not "lucky" enough. Those people couldn't be more wrong. Here's the crazy part. Most people who are saying it's "too risky" are the same people ending their months with a $0 balance because they perpetually spend every dollar they have on entertainment or to "feel good". What's more risky? The right answer is their mindsets. Who cares what people say, CHOOSE YOU.

I chose not to choose me. I chose educating and helping fellow Jambos on kickback

And the reasons? Who needs reasons when you've got a crypto habit.

FB_IMG_1709234337226.jpg

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

I wish that I was clever. :(

😂

It's not really being clever, mate, it's mostly inside info and luck with crypto imo. 

You also need money to make money, and have to be a bit of a gambler. 

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

😂

It's not really being clever, mate, it's mostly inside info and luck with crypto imo. 

You also need money to make money, and have to be a bit of a gambler. 

That's where it falls down for me, you see, because in financial terms and really not much of a gambler. I'm also thick as ****.

Dawnrazor
29 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

I wish that I was clever. :(

Me tae anaw 😪

IronJambo
1 hour ago, That thing you do said:

From a site I know:

You can sit there and joke, laugh, or ridicule this post all you want, but regardless, one thing is certain. Crypto bullrun nocoiners/naysayers will absolutely miss one of the best opportunities of their lives. It's time to take your future seriously. It's not a joke.

Your highest ROI's will come from the HOURS that YOU put into researching small/medium cap altcoins, but only after you have DCA'd into them and built positions over time with conviction.

YES it's possible, and even extremely realistic with proper timing to take a $10k high conviction bag and 100x it into a million dollars. A lot of people think things aren't possible, simply because they haven't happened to them or they're not "lucky" enough. Those people couldn't be more wrong. Here's the crazy part. Most people who are saying it's "too risky" are the same people ending their months with a $0 balance because they perpetually spend every dollar they have on entertainment or to "feel good". What's more risky? The right answer is their mindsets. Who cares what people say, CHOOSE YOU.

I chose not to choose me. I chose educating and helping fellow Jambos on kickback

And the reasons? Who needs reasons when you've got a crypto habit.

FB_IMG_1709234337226.jpg

This is funny because I had exactly the same conversation with a friend earlier.

Just waiting on the good times now!

Tommy Brown
8 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

That's where it falls down for me, you see, because in financial terms and really not much of a gambler. I'm also thick as ****.

Only the clever ( the rich bassas) make money.

They manipulate the market for the dumb (us) to invest with the thought of high rewards .

They bail when enough dumb have invested. Rinse and repeat.

Some of us get lucky, vast majority don't. Bit like playing the lottery. Plough thousands over lifetime and have nothing at the end.

hughesie27

Decent chance Bitcoin hits a new All Time High in the next day or so. 

il Duce McTarkin

We're all really jealous. 

IronJambo
1 hour ago, Pap said:

Why dont you pay off your mortgage with this money, or some of it?

I wouldn't go near that idea. Mortgage lending is the cheapest money you'll ever get. 

You would get a much better return by keeping the cash, whether in crypto or in fiat. The best part of that being that once your mortgage is complete you still have the money. You never see that cash again if you spend it.

hughesie27

ATH of 69k achieved. Then immediately rejected down to 68k again.

IronJambo
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

ATH of 69k achieved. Then immediately rejected down to 68k again. 

It didn't quite reach $69k

Edit: and it needs to reach $69,210 to equal ath. 

Edited by IronJambo

hughesie27
21 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

It didn't quite reach $69k

Edit: and it needs to reach $69,210 to equal ath. 

Wrong. And Correct.

It's previous ATH was 68980 or so. It reached 69210 earlier.

Edited by hughesie27

IronJambo
10 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Wrong. And Correct.

It's previous ATH was 68980 or so. It reached 69210 earlier.

I stand corrected. Got myself mixed up there. 

The correction is expected, no doubt we'll see it break $70k in the next few days.

Edited by IronJambo

That thing you do
4 hours ago, Pap said:

Why dont you pay off your mortgage with this money, or some of it?

Already have with the last bull market :)

That thing you do
2 hours ago, IronJambo said:

I wouldn't go near that idea. Mortgage lending is the cheapest money you'll ever get. 

You would get a much better return by keeping the cash, whether in crypto or in fiat. The best part of that being that once your mortgage is complete you still have the money. You never see that cash again if you spend it.

Not in mexico. Interest rate is 8.90%. 

IronJambo
Just now, That thing you do said:

Not in mexico. Interest rate is 8.90%. 

You could easily get more than that back on investments.

That thing you do
Just now, IronJambo said:

You could easily get more than that back on investments.

True and I do with the rest of what I got out. I have it in high interest savings (9%) and mexican govt bonds (10.5%return)

But the Mrs wanted the house safe and secure and you know what they say happy wife less miserable husband.

That thing you do
2 minutes ago, OBE said:

Imagine your return, if you'd invested some serious...:wonga:

Well thats the game. I put 30k in Enjin _(ENJ) and walked away very happy. This time, the market is just warming up.

IronJambo
6 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

True and I do with the rest of what I got out. I have it in high interest savings (9%) and mexican govt bonds (10.5%return)

But the Mrs wanted the house safe and secure and you know what they say happy wife less miserable husband.

Fair play bud.

My Mrs knows nothing of my crypto investments as she'd shit the bed and kill my exit strategy. I'll need to tell her at some stage but I don't know when that is yet 🤣

33 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Dunno man. Going by your regemented yearly budget plan you posted a while back :laugh:

That thing you do
16 hours ago, Pap said:

Dunno man. Going by your regemented yearly budget plan you posted a while back :laugh:

She agrees with that. It's not regimented it just tells us if we are saving enough. Didn't stop us going to cancun for the golf or my 2 trips home though. 

18 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Fair play bud.

My Mrs knows nothing of my crypto investments as she'd shit the bed and kill my exit strategy. I'll need to tell her at some stage but I don't know when that is yet 🤣

Best keep it that way. If you do hit the jackpot it'd be a nice surprise, whereas if (when) it all goes tits up, she's none the wiser!

That thing you do
37 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Best keep it that way. If you do hit the jackpot it'd be a nice surprise, whereas if (when) it all goes tits up, she's none the wiser!

Ive involved mine since day one. But I originally told her 10k is going in on Enjin, when it was in fact 30k, I only told her once the whole thing was worth well north of 30k, but she forgave me as it worked.

If you hide it and and it goes tits up and you have to confess, might as well be saying youve been banging her best friend as the reaction will be pretty similar (based on a friend of mine who lost a $225,000 leveraged position through being an idiot. They ended up divorced.

IronJambo
32 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Ive involved mine since day one. But I originally told her 10k is going in on Enjin, when it was in fact 30k, I only told her once the whole thing was worth well north of 30k, but she forgave me as it worked.

If you hide it and and it goes tits up and you have to confess, might as well be saying youve been banging her best friend as the reaction will be pretty similar (based on a friend of mine who lost a $225,000 leveraged position through being an idiot. They ended up divorced.

It's all good, I'm in the clear. 

I had a reasonable sized pot built from fleecing the bookies that I've drip fed into crypto over the last 2-3 years and she knows nothing of the money. I could walk way with a 95% loss and pass it off as a win 🤣

I just need to explain myself when it goes well which is always easier.

Edited by IronJambo

That thing you do

I attended a UN event (5th meeting of the ITU-T Focus Group on metaverse (FG-MV) in Queretaro, Mexico) with the ITU last week about Metaverse and found it very interesting and its making me think very deeply about the psychology of markets.

You have the mainstream media essentially bashing crypto, NFTs and Metaverse on a near daily basis, which causes the general public to both fear these things and try to avoid them.

But, you have ETFs going on, instiututional investors and then the UN with a Metaverse taskforce, calling it inevitable and including crypto and NFTs in that inevitability. So then the question comes, if the UN and other agencies are bought into the whole idea why does the MSM bash it so much?, and then it became obvious: control and manipulation.

The FUD in the markets (the last crash coincided with a fault in the Coinbase App) is all a smokescreen to get retail investors out and the ruling classes in. Every cycle when BTC crashes theres something going on that rattles trust, yet investment houses and the UN are all in.

Im glad Im on the inside of this now that I have relationships with people on the UN board as I see so many people unwilling to contemplate getting into crypto. Yet, the ruling classes are going all in.

So Im going to say this. If anyone is scared of investing in Crypto, you need to understand with traditional money being in the gutter due to debt, CBDCs will come and that crypto will be fully controlled by the very people making a fortune out of wrecking the world economy. Non centralised crypto is a safe haven from this and even if you only put 500 quid in, you should have some. If the UN are all in, you should at least be at the table.

And if anyone gets their facts from papers like the daily mail, ffs stop!

Bad Religion

Bizarre comments from the guy David Gerrard at around 3 minutes. The ramblings of a lunatic and no idea how he’s allowed to push his agenda in the MSM.