No Idea What Will Happen...but

bobskeldon

I can't wait until August 9th. Thought I would share my excitement with everyone. My expectations are simple, they always have been.

I expect to wake up on a Saturday knowing I am going to participate in a ritual that my father and grandfather participated in.

I expect to walk along Gorgie Road and get increasingly excited as I get nearer the ground.

I expect the hairs on the back of my neck to bristle when I hear the first few bars of the sweetest accordion music I have ever heard.

I expect to be confused/angry/shocked/disappointed about team selection.

I expect to experience a whole gambit of emotions during the game.

I expect to analyse every move, any mistakes, any magic moments and debate formations and how tactically aware/naive the manager is.

I expect to enjoy/hate the Sunday papers.

Pretty much the same as any season since 1959 really, fantastic! Can't wait!

Exactly.

We're fans of the Heart of Midlothian Football Club, and nothing Vlad, (or anyone else for that matter), does, will change that.

Captain America

Totally agree mate, was a few of us at work on Monday waiting on fixtures like kids wait for xmas, don't ask me why after last season but im am in mood where can't wait for season to come, ( i know without manager, players etc may be crap) but lets get excited its pre-season we are undefeated in 08/09 and another note just read on BBC website Caley interested in Clum, so really what are we moaning about.

I can't wait until August 9th. Thought I would share my excitement with everyone. My expectations are simple, they always have been.

I expect to wake up on a Saturday knowing I am going to participate in a ritual that my father and grandfather participated in.

I expect to walk along Gorgie Road and get increasingly excited as I get nearer the ground.

I expect the hairs on the back of my neck to bristle when I hear the first few bars of the sweetest accordion music I have ever heard.

I expect to be confused/angry/shocked/disappointed about team selection.

I expect to experience a whole gambit of emotions during the game.

I expect to analyse every move, any mistakes, any magic moments and debate formations and how tactically aware/naive the manager is.

I expect to enjoy/hate the Sunday papers.

Pretty much the same as any season since 1959 really, fantastic! Can't wait!

What a worthwhile post! After all that's what it's all about, watch the game, bit of banter and a pint. Ok, so times aren't ideal at the moment, but a month is a long time in fitba (I'm under no illusions by the way)

Archived