Russia

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

How good do they look? Superb start by them and didn't think they had that kind of football in them, certainly more entertaining than Germany, Italy or France, that's for sure! :)

I decided to support Russia before the tournament as I thought they could spring a surprise and possibly do a Greece.

I think they've been great in all of their games, even despite the hammering by Spain.

I decided to support Russia before the tournament as I thought they could spring a surprise and possibly do a Greece.

I think they've been great in all of their games, even despite the hammering by Spain.

I meant to stuck an each way bet on them but never got round to it. They play Holland if they go through which could be some game.

The Old Tolbooth

Their football is so fluent, it's a joy to watch, they should be a decent price against the Dutch if they get through.

I'm hoping Arshavon scores as I stuck a tenner on him to score at anytime at 3/1.

Hope russia crash and burn but it would be funny to see them murdered by Holland in the next round. A win win situation.

I took them at 25/1 before the tournament started.

If they get through they will give the Dutch a harder game than most thought.

Youngest team in tournament as well, look out for them at the World Cup 2010.

Say What Again
I'm hoping Arshavon scores as I stuck a tenner on him to score at anytime at 3/1.

Happy days!

I thought that wee outside bet on the russians was oot the window.Maybe not now!

In saying that,Sweden are as rotten as Russia are good.

I meant to stuck an each way bet on them but never got round to it. They play Holland if they go through which could be some game.

I'd fancy the Russians in that game, if they were to nick an early goal, I'm not sure how the Dutch would react.

I'd fancy the Russians in that game, if they were to nick an early goal, I'm not sure how the Dutch would react.

Might be worth a wee wager.Could be goals in this game....lots of them!

They look a very good passing team eh.. Another Hiddink team doing well in a tournament- seems to do it everytime.

Can't them beating Holland tho? Hope for a Spain v Holland semi, thatd be a cracker of a game!!!

Hope russia crash and burn but it would be funny to see them murdered by Holland in the next round. A win win situation.

I'm sure Fireworks Phil would agree :rolleyes:

The Old Tolbooth

Sweden can have no complaints, absolutely played off the park by a terrific Russian performance, really looking forward to Saturday nights game now, although I'll be wrecked by that time as I'm out all day :confused:

Sweden can have no complaints, absolutely played off the park by a terrific Russian performance, really looking forward to Saturday nights game now, although I'll be wrecked by that time as I'm out all day :confused:

Should have been a cricket score John Sweden were completely pumped off the park.

Chad Sexington

Cant wait for the Russia v Holland game now.

Who ever loses the first goal will be in soapy.

They are both superb on the counter attack.

Only a Game

A couple of years to early for Russia to win this I think, but they are worth an each way bet for the next World cup IMO.

Russia v Holland might well be the game of the tournament for fans of open attacking football.

The hype will probably be too much for The Netherlands vs Russia but it has all the making of a classic.

In fact the Quarter Finals all look pretty tasty.

I took them at 25/1 before the tournament started.

If they get through they will give the Dutch a harder game than most thought.

Youngest team in tournament as well, look out for them at the World Cup 2010.

Got them e/w at 25s myself

And the celtic target, the big striker to be top scorer e/w

coppercrutch

Russia play quality football. However they clearly don't have the killer instinct. They had so many chances tonight and just faffed about.

Can't see them winning but you never know.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Russia play quality football. However they clearly don't have the killer instinct. They had so many chances tonight and just faffed about.

Can't see them winning but you never know.

Racist.

coppercrutch
Racist.

Homophobe.

Just coz I like boys doesn't mean I am not a human being.

You make me sick. :282:

The Old Tolbooth
Homophobe.

Just coz I like boys doesn't mean I am not a human being.

You make me sick. :282:

:eek::eek::eek:

backstothewall.jpg

No Nonsense

Looking forward to the Dutchb v the Ruski's in the quarters. Russian full backs are both flyers. It will be interesting to see if they still bomb forward against the firepower that the Dutch have out wide. If they do, it could be game of the tourney.

I know they got hammered in the first game by Spain but, in my opinion, if they'd had Pogrebnyak (inj for entire tournament) and Arshavin (susp for first 2 games) available that game could have been a lot different.

If Russia had scored first I'm not sure Spain would have had it all their own way.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Was Arshavon on drugs?

He was like a man possessed tonight, awesome!

No, Andrei Arshavin was ;)

Archived