Stop thief!

Morgan

17 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Im sure you would t too - how about the airport?

Probably get quite a lengthy sentence for stealing an airport. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
William H. Bonney

How do you scan cheap chicken then put the good one in your bag. Surely the good chicken will set the alarm off as it hasn't been scanned. And what do you do with the cheap chicken? Leave it at the checkout? 

Or do you swap stickers? 

You sound proper devious either way. 

I’m the type of person that when staying in a hotel, I buy a wee jar of coffee :huh2:

Anyway a month or so ago, I was out shopping with my daughters and they wanted to nip into Primark, I hate that shop with a passion.

face tripping me while they look at stuff but a pair of gloves caught my eye, I picked them up to look at them, glared at my daughter when she asked if I wanted to buy them, then I went into a rant about I’d rather buy my gloves else where, and wheeled myself away....

Roll on a week later when I found d these gloves in my inside coat pocket, I stole them...I didn’t mean too.

I emailed Primark and offered to pay for them ( as I was too embarrassed to take them back to the shop) I never heard back..

Im now known as the Primark thief...Oh the shame :huh2:

5 hours ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

How do you scan cheap chicken then put the good one in your bag. Surely the good chicken will set the alarm off as it hasn't been scanned. And what do you do with the cheap chicken? Leave it at the checkout? 

Or do you swap stickers? 

How do you think scanners work?

Riddley Walker

Certain the DPD driver stole COD from me last week.

Ordered it through prime on the Monday, showed up as delivered by about 4pm. Nothing had arrived. Got in touch on live chat, Amazon couldn't really give an answer but said to wait another day and if not they'll refund.

My wife was off the next day and saw a note come through the door about 10am from DPD, no attempt to knock, saying they've left the game beside the wheelie bin. She went out, nothing there and the guy had driven away. ***** had obviously nicked it and was hoping nobody would be in so he could say someone had taken it from the spot.

Got a refund from Amazon and bought it at Tesco. 

14 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I already told you. I have never tried it.

Yeah, I never said you did. 

I was asking if someone wanted to try it. 

12 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Couple of years ago, both my daughter and step-daughter wanted an iPod for Christmas. We decided the best way to do it was order one one month and the other the following month. The first arrived via Royal Mail, no signature required just dropped through the letter box. Phoned up a few days later saying it never arrived and they sent another out. Result!

Incredibly the 2nd one didn’t require a signature either. I was tempted to do the same again but decided to quit while I was ahead.

As for Amazon, We get loads of stuff delivered from them and I can’t remember the last time I was asked for a signature.

Am i the only person that finds this story particularly sad and disturbing

Alwayssunnyingorgie
7 hours ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

Or do you swap stickers? 

You pick up a reduced to clear pack of chicken breasts or something and then get the same pack of chicken from the fresh bit and just keep scanning the reduced one and putting the fresh ones on the bagging area. It has to be the same weight though. I also fill up veg bags with all different stuff and put it through as potatoes. You can get a soup pot for under 25p.

1 hour ago, jimmyjambo said:

Disturbing?

aye ok :rofl:

What makes my misdemeanour worse than stealing glasses out of pubs, keeping a car that doesn’t belong to you for a year and only returning it because the company was audited, scanning reduced price products and substituting them for fresh items?

17 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Disturbing?

aye ok :rofl:

What makes my misdemeanour worse than stealing glasses out of pubs, keeping a car that doesn’t belong to you for a year and only returning it because the company was audited, scanning reduced price products and substituting them for fresh items?

An iPod is a wee bit more expensive than a used glass from a pub?

3 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

An iPod is a wee bit more expensive than a used glass from a pub?

Not as expensive as a car though and I’d be willing to bet that the guy who steals food has stolen a much higher amount than the price on an iPod.

I’m not defending my actions, just curious as to why it’s my post that got pounced on when others have admitted to doing the same. 

4 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Not as expensive as a car though and I’d be willing to bet that the guy who steals food has stolen a much higher amount than the price on an iPod.

I’m not defending my actions, just curious as to why it’s my post that got pounced on when others have admitted to doing the same. 

I agree...nicking food isn't really on either and will get you done by the Bizzies. (I didn't jump on you bud...just replying as you'd asked why your example was worse than beer glasses ?)

Aye...and keeping a car..wtf!?

All roads lead to Gorgie

You are not the only one. When shops add to prices to cover loses from theft we all pay more in the long run. When someone says something has not been delivered when it has that is putting the suspicion on postal workers which is not really on.

Just now, Forza Cuore said:

I agree...nicking food isn't really on either and will get you done by the Bizzies. (I didn't jump on you bud...just replying as you'd asked why your example was worse than beer glasses ?)

I know mate, that was aimed at the poster who replied to my earlier post :)

No you aren't. I too find it sad.

And the poster attempts to deflect by saying that others do it too. There's no excuse for being a thief (except for the Primark Thief of course ;)).

2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

You are not the only one. When shops add to prices to cover loses from theft we all pay more in the long run. When someone says something has not been delivered when it has that is putting the suspicion on postal workers which is not really on.

Again, what makes my misdemeanour worse than others on this thread?

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

No you aren't. I too find it sad.

And the poster attempts to deflect by saying that others do it too. There's no excuse for being a thief (except for the Primark Thief of course ;)).

I’m not trying to deflect ffs :lol: 

I admit that what I did wasn’t right but I was just curious as to why the poster jumped on me when others have admitted to the same thing.

All roads lead to Gorgie
Just now, iantjambo said:

Again, what makes my misdemeanour worse than others on this thread?

I haven't read the whole thread but that is a bit of expensive kit you managed to get for free. I would equally point out the errors of their ways to others on the thread to be fair.

4 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I haven't read the whole thread but that is a bit of expensive kit you managed to get for free. I would equally point out the errors of their ways to others on the thread to be fair.

I agree, it doesn’t make it right but I  wasn’t exactly flush for cash at the time and I saw an opportunity which I took.

It is a strange one though as I wouldn’t have dreamed of lifting one from a store but it didn’t seem so bad because it was delivered. I know it amounts to the same thing.

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

I’m not trying to deflect ffs :lol: 

I admit that what I did wasn’t right but I was just curious as to why the poster jumped on me when others have admitted to the same thing.

Deflecting is exactly what you're trying to do - it is a classic non-footballing case of whataboutery.

Perhaps the poster commented on your post because it was a high-value good combined with the fact that it showed no regret, just a matter-of-fact description of how you went about your theft, as if it were as natural as breathing in air.

But hey, you continue as you are, acting like some sort of Knight of the Order trying to gallantly defend your honour against those pointing out exactly what you are. :D

Just now, iantjambo said:

I agree, it doesn’t make it right but I wasn’t exactly flush for cash at the time and I saw an opportunity which I took.

Ah, sorry, we didn't know that. That makes it alright then. :D

:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Ah, sorry, we didn't know that. That makes it alright then. :D

No it doesn’t make it right. That’s why I said right before the bit you highlighted that “it doesn’t make it right”.

last year ordered 2 ipad pros for the kids - £500 each

they didn't arrive on time so I called and complained

2 ipad pros then arrived on my doorstep the next day

then the following day another 2 showed up....................................

Magic

I think the sad part is you handed the stolen item over as a gift you say you couldn't really

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

No it doesn’t make it right. That’s why I said right before the bit you highlighted that “it doesn’t make it right”.

afford to buy, making the recipient the receiver of stolen goods

41 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

I think the sad part is you handed the stolen item over as a gift you say you couldn't really

afford to buy, making the recipient the receiver of stolen goods

I could afford it, I just wasn’t exactly minted. Again, I saw my shot and I took it.

Well, we were out last night and stole a toilet roll from the restaurant.

It was one of these XXL ones so it’ll last until Sunday at least.

One time i was in ASDA at the self service. I gestured to the employee to take the tag off my Vodka bottle, it was really busy so she took the tag off and handed me the bottle.

It was at this point i realised that i hadn't scanned it yet. So i just kept it in my hand, paid for my swag and then walked away. 

Walking towards the door papping myself and sweating like ****. I've never done it since.

I once attempted to rifle 50p from my dads trousers(he wasn't wearing them at the time) so I could buy sweets. But my mum caught me and grassed me up.

Sadly she wasn't the type to keep quiet at the promise of half the loot, so bribery was out the window. 

String me me up with iantjambo and all the murrayfield Sainsbury's parkers. 

2 minutes ago, gjcc said:

I once attempted to rifle 50p from my dads trousers(he wasn't wearing them at the time) so I could buy sweets. But my mum caught me and grassed me up.

Sadly she wasn't the type to keep quiet at the promise of half the loot, so bribery was out the window. 

Us by the end of the night

96C94AAD-BF64-4C21-852D-006E07571304.gif

2 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Quite honestly, your type need shot.

:wink:

8 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Yeah, I never said you did. 

I was asking if someone wanted to try it. 

luckyBatistuta

My mother and father used to live a few doors along from myself. My father bought an item online, but it never arrived. On investigating the matter, he was told it had been delivered to a certain address along the street by mistake and gas been signed for. My dad was going along the street to get it one afternoon, so I said I'd walk with him and his dog. Anyway, the woman opens the door and the my dad tells her what he'd been told by the company and the woman looks a bit flustered and before she could say a word, this wee growling erse of a husband pulls her away from the door and says he never received anything of the kind and slams the door. Got the wee fekr back though, scumbag.

On 22/11/2017 at 13:07, Morgan said:

Reading an article yesterday about theft. Not what you would expect but rather about petty theft going on that we’ve probably all done without really considering it to be ‘real’ theft.

Two of the most common places this goes on is in hotels and in the workplace.

Hotels: Towels, toiletries, glasses, cutlery, sachets of tea and coffee, slippers, coat hangers,  pillow cases, light bulbs, toilet paper, batteries from remote controls etc. etc.

Workplace/Offices: Pens and pencils, paper, CD’s, most stationery items, other peoples food from the fridge, milk, tea, coffee etc. etc.

We have done a few of these over the years but tend to class it as either ‘perks’ or ‘long-term borrowing’ rather than theft.

What have you choried?

Toiletries and tea, coffee and biscuits in a hotel are paid for, so not theft.  

In in my case, some my say it is theft, some exploiting a flaw.   But a juice machine at a former employer had a fault that a only few folk knew about. 

You could by a can of coke for £0.40 or something at the time.  If you pressed and held down for a few moments, the button for your selection, you sometime got two, or even three cans. 

On 22/11/2017 at 17:07, Thunderstruck said:

Anyone has taken time out at work to read or post on Kickback?

That is exactly what I go to work to do. 

My internet connection at home is shite. 

20 hours ago, Alwayssunnyingorgie said:

I steal food alot. I scan reduced chicken, steak etc and put fresh ones in my bag( I don't pay for the bag either). I stole 2 meals in Newark airport aswell,  I spent  2hours waiting for my flight shitting myself that I would get jumped by security.  I wouldn't steal anything expensive or that belonged to someone. But its a good feeling knowing you've got away with something.  

Newark is now all paid online via the bar or restaurant’s in-house iPads where our register your details. 

I done this.   I messed up though, so after a snack and two wines, when I went to pay, it only showed one wine.   I paid what was asked. 

I did give a five dollar tip, cash in hand to my server though. 

10 minutes ago, Paolo said:

In in my case, some my say it is theft, some exploiting a flaw.   But a juice machine at a former employer had a fault that a only few folk knew about. 

You could by a can of coke for £0.40 or something at the time.  If you pressed and held down for a few moments, the button for your selection, you sometime got two, or even three cans. 

Wish I could find one of these ‘special’ machines that does Heineken.

7 minutes ago, Paolo said:

That is exactly what I go to work to do. 

My internet connection at home is shite. 

:lol:

I used to work in Lidl years ago and my Grandad use to come and steal Oxo Cubes. Oxo cubes FFS. 

He would do his shopping as normal but would refuse to acknowledge the Oxo cubes in his pocket. 

I told the security and management to ignore it and I would pay for them when he left. Tbh, they just found it funny. 

scott herbertson
7 hours ago, Morgan said:

Well, we were out last night and stole a toilet roll from the restaurant.

It was one of these XXL ones so it’ll last until Sunday at least.

Better start thinking about how you can dispose of the evidence safely if you come under suspicion ..... 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Paolo said:

Yes you've paid for them, but that's for the length of your stay, not for you to take home and use at your leisure...theft is theft.

40 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I used to work in Lidl years ago and my Grandad use to come and steal Oxo Cubes. Oxo cubes FFS. 

He would do his shopping as normal but would refuse to acknowledge the Oxo cubes in his pocket. 

I told the security and management to ignore it and I would pay for them when he left. Tbh, they just found it funny. 

No point in getting in a beef over it

13 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Better start thinking about how you can dispose of the evidence safely if you come under suspicion ..... 

Load of shite.

:whistling:

5 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yes you've paid for them, but that's for the length of your stay, not for you to take home and use at your leisure...theft is theft.

No point in getting in a beef over it

They put in your room enough for you stay, based on days and occupants.  

If if you use them whilst you stay there, they replace them on a daily basis.    

I sometimes use them in my room, but not always.   If I don’t, I take them at the end.  

It probably amounts to a couple of teabags, a coffee, and a hot chocolate.  

I don’t empty it every day, just on the last.  And even then, I don’t always take every teabag, cofeee, or hot chocolate. 

It is no different to packing your face at a buffet breakfast. 

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Paolo said:

They put in your room enough for you stay, based on days and occupants.  

If if you use them whilst you stay there, they replace them on a daily basis.    

I sometimes use them in my room, but not always.   If I don’t, I take them at the end.  

It probably amounts to a couple of teabags, a coffee, and a hot chocolate.  

I don’t empty it every day, just on the last.  And even then, I don’t always take every teabag, cofeee, or hot chocolate. 

It is no different to packing your face at a buffet breakfast. 

Why would you take a few teabags, really why?

54 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Jonno will be along shortly.

He has a completely different idea about Oxo cubes.

Rhyming slang and all that. :)

But, as you say Alim, chorying Oxo cubes. FFS.

:wink:

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

If you look after the pennies etc. etc.

And finally.

The small two biscuit packets of Borders biscuits that some hotels have...

scott herbertson

Hi always take the wee shampoos and toothpaste - very handy wpfor walking holidays etc when you don’t want to carry shampoo bottles and toothpaste. 

Never take the tea bags as they are weak as dishwater

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

No idea to be honest.   Why take three slices of bacon instead of two at the buffet, and an extra sausage or egg, only to find you can’t manage it all?

I concentrate more on the shower gel though.  Again, only on the last day.   

Archived