Well done to our winners - top of the league

i8hibsh

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Standard for us for the past 12 or 13 years.

It peaked under Neilson when we seemed to get a player sent off every 3 games.  But yeah, we are becoming a very dirty team.  What gets me is these stats would show that we are a team that ‘gets stuck in’ but this could not be further from the truth.  We are just a team of huddies with no intelligence.  It’s all starting to really get to me.

1 minute ago, Musemic said:

Celtic only 12 yellows and no reds...surprise, surprise.

The team that wins 4 nil most weeks is less likely to foul to be fair.  Just more disciplined with a better manager.  Hibs clearly in that bit too (minus the winning 4 nil part).

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

The team that wins 4 nil most weeks is less likely to foul to be fair.  Just more disciplined with a better manager.  Hibs clearly in that bit too (minus the winning 4 nil part).

Yep, if you have the ball for 70-80% of the game, you're not likely to commit too many fouls.

I was under the impression "Super" John McGinn was some kind of messiah.

Yet according to the individual stats on that link he is just a very naughty boy - with the joint highest amount of cautions in the league at 6.

3 minutes ago, FTH said:

I was under the impression "Super" John McGinn was some kind of messiah.

Yet according to the individual stats on that link he is just a very naughty boy - with the joint highest amount of cautions in the league at 6.

He gets booked a lot just for looking inbred.

3 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

That’s cause we’re a big physical team 

Phyiscal would suggest we 'get stuck in' though.  I don't see that.

We foul far to often, most in the league by 7, averaging 15 a game. I've been to most games this season and there hasn't been that many heavy challenges that I can remember.  Loads of petty fouls, but all adds up

1 minute ago, hmfc1995 said:

We foul far to often, most in the league by 7, averaging 15 a game. I've been to most games this season and there hasn't been that many heavy challenges that I can remember.  Loads of petty fouls, but all adds up

Petty fouls really are a sign of a lack of dicipline and intelligence.  Nothing we never already knew then I guess.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Petty fouls really are a sign of a lack of dicipline and intelligence.  Nothing we never already knew then I guess.

I'd agree they don't do anything for us, gives teams a chances to put the ball into the box or clear their lines. It can be very frustrating

58 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You'd think so but as we all know Celtic get to foul a lot more before getting bookings. They had similar foul counts against SJ and Ross County recently for example despite having all the ball. I couldn't be bothered looking at more games but as we see every time they play in Europe Celtic are not an especially sophisticated footballing team and they commit their fair share of fouls but just don't get their fair share of bookings.

letsalldothebeattie
28 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Phyiscal would suggest we 'get stuck in' though.  I don't see that.

We have at times this season. Maybe not proper dirty tackles (Cochrane on McGinn aside) we’ve given away stupid fouls that we shouldn’t during games

ToadKiller Dog

Important stats missing from the table is total fouls committed and reasons. 

And a question is will it even out after we have a run of home games as I guess don't know the details but yellow cards are more common for an away side than a home. 

Call me bias if you like but having seen 90% of Hearts games this season I would argue strongly that Hearts players get booked for allegedly committing fouls that other teams get no foul against them or they do get a foul against but no booking.

40 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Call me bias if you like but having seen 90% of Hearts games this season I would argue strongly that Hearts players get booked for allegedly committing fouls that other teams get no foul against them or they do get a foul against but no booking.

That has always been the case over the past few years. We are not a dirty team we're not even naive when tackling. I could guess we attract the officials because they don't like us. 

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

What a surprising attitude from you.

Unlike you to have yet another pop at Hearts, while acting as apologist for Celtic and Hibs.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I agree.  Some, however, based on the rules are bookings.  That annoys me, as we know this.  What annoys me more though, is that other clubs, particularly Celtic, get off with time same offences.  

That is why I was so impressed with our discipline in that semi with Celtic in 2012.  The players on yellow cards were perfect. 

Archived