In this together

scott herbertson

scott herbertson

We’ve gone through a lot together as supporters over the last 15 years. From the pain of the final years of the Robinson era, with spiralling debt and the chilling thought of being tenants at Murrayfield with no ground to call at home. 

To the roller coaster madness of the Romanov years with its amazing highs, and terrifying lows.

Through the desperate struggles of the fans in many manifestations to save the club and then to build a foundation for the club to grow on.

Today feels like a landmark day, when our dreams will have a physical manifestation in the new stand. There will be many a wee tear, including me from a distance thinking of my grandfather in the old enclosure, to my brother Keith in the main stand, my Aunt Margaret and Uncle Joe watching Bauld Wardhaugh and Conn strut their stuff in front of the old stand.

Nerves have been frayed in the build up to this as on the park we have struggled and off it this major project has been tough to deliver in the ambitious timescale our fantastic CEO has set. But again people have pulled together and we have the stand we scarcely dreamed of in those dark days of administration. We built that with our fundraisers and FOH subscriptions - it’s ours, not the banks or some distant owner’s.

So maybe we should set aside things said when the nerves were fraying. Whether you are a happy clapper or a pessimist or more likely something in between (as most fans are I believe) can we just let bygones be bygones, try not to point score on here about who was right or wrong, or bring up things said or promised, and get behind the team today and ,,, make some noise!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I feel negative as feck about the squad and Levein at the moment but this main stand is glorious. Kind of makes you think about the bigger picture.

:pleasing:

I enjoy being a Hearts fan and Scott your post resonates loudly with me.

I don't get distraught when things dont go our way. I don't go in a huff when we lose a game. I don't boo our team when we cant find that next gear or winning goal. 

But i did think id never have my team to support when administration was called.

To echo your sentiments, we may not be the best footballing side, but in three short years we've rebuilt a broken club and upgradged our infrastructure, and remain in our top flight.

No other team has achieved what we have. 

I would not deny any supporter their grievances with how they see the current playing squad or even the manager. 

But i think its time, for these run of home games. We back the famous undoubtedly and enjoy being back at Tynecastle. 

Give the team their 12th man back and see what we can achieve.

Our support and stadium are the best in the country. Lets show it today.

Quite simply, we are the Hearts

Geoff Kilpatrick

Good post Scott. Now we can finally turn our full attention to events on the pitch and simply support a team again.

15 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

We’ve gone through a lot together as supporters over the last 15 years. From the pain of the final years of the Robinson era, with spiralling debt and the chilling thought of being tenants at Murrayfield with no ground to call at home. 

To the roller coaster madness of the Romanov years with its amazing highs, and terrifying lows.

Through the desperate struggles of the fans in many manifestations to save the club and then to build a foundation for the club to grow on.

Today feels like a landmark day, when our dreams will have a physical manifestation in the new stand. There will be many a wee tear, including me from a distance thinking of my grandfather in the old enclosure, to my brother Keith in the main stand, my Aunt Margaret and Uncle Joe watching Bauld Wardhaugh and Conn strut their stuff in front of the old stand.

Nerves have been frayed in the build up to this as on the park we have struggled and off it this major project has been tough to deliver in the ambitious timescale our fantastic CEO has set. But again people have pulled together and we have the stand we scarcely dreamed of in those dark days of administration. We built that with our fundraisers and FOH subscriptions - it’s ours, not the banks or some distant owner’s.

So maybe we should set aside things said when the nerves were fraying. Whether you are a happy clapper or a pessimist or more likely something in between (as most fans are I believe) can we just let bygones be bygones, try not to point score on here about who was right or wrong, or bring up things said or promised, and get behind the team today and ,,, make some noise!

??? spot on Scott

Well said Scott lets Gorgie roar again and back the 11 in maroon on the pitch for a full 90 minutes

I've never felt anything but positive since the day Ann Budge took over. She runs the club in exactly the right way and has set us up to be self sufficient and with the aim of being the best.  

Forget aiming for 3rd, she wants Hearts to be winners and now that this very important milestone is in place, the club can start to place their efforts to the team on the park and begin that particular journey.  It will take a few years but I've no doubt that we will get there.  Up until this summer, our transfer policy has been gash but I'm encouraged by our recent signings and those identified as targets for January.  Add in the kids coming through, I think we'll see an upwards trajectory very soon.

weve made some mistakes but we've also got a hell of a lot right but I don't think people realize just how much of a mess the club was when Romanov left.  Ann has rebuilt from top to bottom and we are still not at the point of where she would like us to be from either a business or footballing perspective.  She has had to be patient but driven and this is against a backdrop of rebuilding our broken reputation with potential sponsors and business colleagues and a minority of idiotic fans chasing out Robbie Neilson and hiring planes.  Never the less, she has got us to where we are now in a relatively short space of time and that is some achievement.

this feels like the beginning to me and I can't wait for the rest to start.

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Very well said. 

Archived