Tranferring video clips S5 to PC

NANOJAMBO

I can see the pictures but not the video clips. I found an item on line which says use MTP to xfer files - which I'm using - but I can't see the vids.

Can anyone help ?

Cheers in advance. 

19 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I can see the pictures but not the video clips. I found an item on line which says use MTP to xfer files - which I'm using - but I can't see the vids.

Can anyone help ?

Cheers in advance. 

Edit - I can only see SOME pics but the majority aren't visible. 

I used to use Airdroid to do most of my transferring - https://www.airdroid.com/

Download the app on your phone, connect both phone and PC to the same wireless network, and then when you load the app, type the URL it displays on the phone in your web browser.

I've plugged every galaxy into my computer over the years and copied every kinda file over just like moving them from drive to drive.

unless you've got the files hidden or in a very strange format your PC doesn't recognise, I cant see there being a problem. even in a starnge format the PC should still acknowledge them but would need software to open them.

I found them in the end. I thought there was only one DCIM folder on the phone but there's two - one on the phone and one on the  SD card. Still don't know why the pics were split across the two locations. 

Cheers for the airdroid link - have saved for a look later. 

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I found them in the end. I thought there was only one DCIM folder on the phone but there's two - one on the phone and one on the  SD card. Still don't know why the pics were split across the two locations. 

Cheers for the airdroid link - have saved for a look later. 

No worries, it's quite a good app :thumbsup:

Especially handy if you can't be arsed going to find a cable!

Blackie the Cat

Whatsapp the video taken then from there they can be emailed to your PC. Don’t know how it works but it does. Think this is what your wanting.....?

28 minutes ago, Blackie the Cat said:

Whatsapp the video taken then from there they can be emailed to your PC. Don’t know how it works but it does. Think this is what your wanting.....?

I just wanted to copy all the video files to PC as backup.  Some of the files are way too big for this to be practical. Cheers anyway. 

Archived