England expects!!!

i8hibsh

The Old Tolbooth

I especially loved this quote

England will have so much talent up front it will be embarrassing, and other teams may concede games before kick-off to avoid the humiliation on the pitch.

Oh ma sides!! :D:D:D

Just to let you folk in peebles know, England didn't actually make it to the european championships.

Oh and by the way JFK got shot and the Titanic sunk.

Guest S.U.S.S.

While as usual they go overboard, i dont think we should laugh at anyone not making it.

IIRC this country got rather ahead of itself re this tournament as well.

That one article actually sums up why they will NEVER win a major tournament

yes they have good players yawn yawn but this is what they don't realise:

They are not and never have been since the 30's (when even us Jocks were) a world footballing super power

Most teams have good/great players

they have zero passion just many many ego's

They should sit and model themselves on croatia

Holland who are a million times better than the English can't even win a tournament (and contrary to current belief I can't see them winning Euro 08 either)

The Italians and Germans really put England to shame. Even when England have beetr players theitr mentality is so so wrong.

The Germans and Italians acknowledge whent hey are poor but still have a winning mentality.

England always think they have the divine right to be up there in every tournament

They have appeared in 1 final in all comeptitions (and we all know what went on then)

Czech Rep/Czechoslovakia have been in numerous, Holland numerous, Italy,Germany, France numerous and that is just the European ones.

England are about the 15th most succesful nation at football. If they realise that they may start improving

While as usual they go overboard, i dont think we should laugh at anyone not making it.

I know we did and i was ashamed of it and us

But I reckon not even the most hardcore of the Tartan Army actually thought it would amount to anything

difference is between us and England is we know we are diafeckinbolical

I reckon we would beat them if we played them. Not that we are better (as we are not) but we have more passion in one lace on a players boot than their entire squad

Thjey showed themselves up when they refused to take part in the home nations as they expected to be in the Euros

I especially loved this quote

England will have so much talent up front it will be embarrassing, and other teams may concede games before kick-off to avoid the humiliation on the pitch.

Oh ma sides!! :D:D:D

5 of the following are embarrassing to be fair JM

Rooney - exceptional

Crouch - poor man's Kevin Twaddle

Owen - not a patch on yester year

Ashton - hmmmmmmmm

Defoe - decent enough

Bent - money well spent:rolleyes:

These 6 strikers are probably about the 20th or so best strike force in the world

:arf:

Quality stuff, just shows how deluded they are.

Martin Taylor and Neil Mellor. That says it all.

Jam Tarts 1874

I liked this quote from under Rooney's pic:

"Rooney is but part of England's talent avalanche"

I was also amused to read that one time Hearts target Neil Mellor would be "in the prime of his career"

Guest S.U.S.S.
That one article actually sums up why they will NEVER win a major tournament

yes they have good players yawn yawn but this is what they don't realise:

They are not and never have been since the 30's (when even us Jocks were) a world footballing super power

Most teams have good/great players

they have zero passion just many many ego's

They should sit and model themselves on croatia

Holland who are a million times better than the English can't even win a tournament (and contrary to current belief I can't see them winning Euro 08 either)

The Italians and Germans really put England to shame. Even when England have beetr players theitr mentality is so so wrong.

The Germans and Italians acknowledge whent hey are poor but still have a winning mentality.

England always think they have the divine right to be up there in every tournament

They have appeared in 1 final in all comeptitions (and we all know what went on then)

Czech Rep/Czechoslovakia have been in numerous, Holland numerous, Italy,Germany, France numerous and that is just the European ones.

England are about the 15th most succesful nation at football. If they realise that they may start improving

Its not the players that are the problem, its the media, the journalists are the ones who spout this crap not your average man in the street.

Altthough how exceptional Terry,Rio,Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney are not one of those players would get into a world XI

the jambo poet

lets no be so harsh.....quite extreme I agree...but if you look at the date

(09/01/03) it was actually put on bbc website....the boy who did it....has got most of the current Ingerland team in his team...and while they're not there....or by any means world beaters....he got the team almost right !!

Who could've predicted the current Scotland team 5 years ago......not many !!

but hey.....he's still a ***in ponce for thinkin they'd win it and "will combine to create flowing football poetry which will reduce even the most toughened defenders to mere shells of men. "

;)

Its not the players that are the problem, its the media, the journalists are the ones who spout this crap not your average man in the street.

The media are bad (even worse than the biased koontz up here) but it is the general public too.

I lived in England for over a year (during world cup 2002) and it was quite frankly cringeworthy. Thye genuinely all believe it SUSS

lets no be so harsh.....quite extreme I agree...but if you look at the date

(09/01/03) it was actually put on bbc website....the boy who did it....has got most of the current Ingerland team in his team...and while they're not there....or by any means world beaters....he got the team almost right !!

Who could've predicted the current Scotland team 5 years ago......not many !!

but hey.....he's still a ***in ponce for thinkin they'd win it and "will combine to create flowing football poetry which will reduce even the most toughened defenders to mere shells of men. "

;)

It's easy to predict the Scotland team

Here is the line up for 2020

Old Firm goalie

Old Firm defender

Old Firm defender

Old Firm defender

Old Firm defender

Old Firm Midfielder

Old Firm Midfielder

Old Firm Midfielder

Old Firm Midfielder

Old Firm striker

Old Firm striker

The Old Tolbooth

We're just a teency weency country, we're allowed to get excited ;)

Guest S.U.S.S.
We're just a teency weency country, we're allowed to get excited ;)

All joking aside, yes by comparison we are far smaller so have less resources to call upon and i admit, i get caught up in it all, i remember being convinced we would beat italy, loved the whole get the top on, out with the flag! I genuinley could not believe we didnt qualify.

Come to think of it, Hope Italy get Murdered!!!!!!:mad:

As an aside,

This morning, David Beckham was on BBC Breakfast stating that he could not watch Euro 2008 as it made him "physically sick".

I find it highly, highly unlikely that watching a television in his mansion, he flicks over the Sky box to the football and has to run to the bathroom to hoy.

OR, is he just a little stupid and doesn't know what he is saying...?

John Findlay

Having lived in England from 1979 - 2005. I can assure you that the most ignorannt supporters in the main are English.

Their mentality runs that since they invented the game(which is more than open to debate) then they are by this fact the best at it. This also applies to Cricket and Rugby Union.

If one does their research they will find that football in England was influenced by many non-English and (un)surprisingly the Scots had a big part to play in both their premier competitions. The league and FA Cup.

Football: World Cup. First took place in 1930. England have one it once.

Brazil: Winners: 1958, 1962, 1970, 1994 and 2002.

Italy: Winners: 1934, 1938, 1982 and 2006.

(West) Germany: Winners: 1954, 1974 and 1990.

Uruguay: Winners: 1930 and 1950.

Argentina: Winners: 1978 and 1986.

England: Winners: 1966.

France: Winners: 1998.

England have never been runners up and have never won the European championship.

(West) Germany have been runners up in the world cup four times.

European champions 3 times 1972, 1980 and 1996.

Other contires that have won the European championships. Russia, Spain, Denmark and the Czech Republic. All countries that the English regard as inferior to themselves when it comes to playing football.

One day the penny will drop that they are not as good as they make themselves out to be. Who to I mean by they.

1. English footballers

2. All of the English media.

3. 75% of English supporters.

John

Guest S.U.S.S.
Having lived in England from 1979 - 2005. I can assure you that the most ignorannt supporters in the main are English.

Their mentality runs that since they invented the game(which is more than open to debate) then they are by this fact the best at it. This also applies to Cricket and Rugby Union.

If one does their research they will find that football in England was influenced by many non-English and (un)surprisingly the Scots had a big part to play in both their premier competitions. The league and FA Cup.

Football: World Cup. First took place in 1930. England have one it once.

Brazil: Winners: 1958, 1962, 1970, 1994 and 2002.

Italy: Winners: 1934, 1938, 1982 and 2006.

(West) Germany: Winners: 1954, 1974 and 1990.

Uruguay: Winners: 1930 and 1950.

Argentina: Winners: 1978 and 1986.

England: Winners: 1966.

France: Winners: 1998.

England have never been runners up and have never won the European championship.

(West) Germany have been runners up in the world cup four times.

European champions 3 times 1972, 1980 and 1996.

Other contires that have won the European championships. Russia, Spain, Denmark and the Czech Republic. All countries that the English regard as inferior to themselves when it comes to playing football.

One day the penny will drop that they are not as good as they make themselves out to be. Who to I mean by they.

1. English footballers

2. All of the English media.

3. 75% of English supporters.

John

How many other countries have you lived in for a similar time?

Where do you get 75% from?

John Findlay
How many other countries have you lived in for a similar time?

Where do you get 75% from?

75% from personal experience. Having spoke with English fans from Falmouth to Newcastle.

John

Jam Tarts 1874

I was living in Sheffield during the 2006 world cup. They really did take great exception to knowing that lots of Scottish people wanted them to get pumped, I did my best to help them understand - poor things.

To be fair to them, they really got behind their team. Nearly every car it seemed had the stupid little flags on them and all through that summer it looked like almost everyone had their engerland tops on - unwashed for days in a very hot summer!

Guest S.U.S.S.
75% from personal experience. Having spoke with English fans from Falmouth to Newcastle.

John

So in answer to my first question, none.

yet you claim "the most ignorant supporters in the main are English."

I find that rather offensive to be honest.

John Findlay
So in answer to my first question, none.

yet you claim "the most ignorant supporters in the main are English."

I find that rather offensive to be honest.

How careless of me to offend you.

I have spoken with supporters from Sweden in Scandanavia or Northern Europe as some call it. To supports in Portugal the west and southern Europe.

Supporters in the USA, Caribbean and South America. In fact supporters worldwide whilst being a guest in their country. Yes I still claim the most ignorant of the lot are in England especially in the south of England. Yes more ignorant than those of the USA.

John

Dusk_Till_Dawn

That's an unfair comment. If we're talking about the nobs who come out the woodwork for the fortnight that England are involved in the World Cup then I'd agree with you. But I'd say that most bona fide fans (i.e. those who actually follow clubs and go to games) know a lot about their sport. And most would agree that, for a sustained period of time, the English football team has been p!sh.

Oxford City
That's an unfair comment. If we're talking about the nobs who come out the woodwork for the fortnight that England are involved in the World Cup then I'd agree with you. But I'd say that most bona fide fans (i.e. those who actually follow clubs and go to games) know a lot about their sport. And most would agree that, for a sustained period of time, the English football team has been p!sh.

True. But many of those knowledgeable fans lose all sense of proportion when the England national team is involved and become very annoying.

The same is true of Scottish fans. It is difficult for us to make criticisms when we look at a lot of what goes on in Scotland. And just look at this board - people saying anyone who did/didn't renew their season ticket is a traitor for example. Rationality goes out of the window. That's the nature of being a football fan.

Archived