Hearts target Weiss snubs Romanov

Sherlock

HEARTS' bid to bring Vladimir Weiss to Tynecastle is in danger of collapsing after the Slovakian failed to meet a deadline set by the club.

HEARTS' bid to bring Vladimir Weiss to Tynecastle is in danger of collapsing after the Slovakian failed to meet a deadline set by the club.

The Jambos instructed Artmedia Bratislava boss Weiss to tell them by 5.00pm yesterday whether he was interested in becoming the next manager of the club but no contact was made.

This is sure to anger Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov who will realise he is running out of time to appoint a manager with the players reporting to Riccarton for pre-season training in just a week.

Weiss impressed at an interview in Lithuania over the weekend and claimed he would announce whether he would be willing to take up a role with Hearts on Monday. When no announcement was made Hearts then set yesterday's deadline which passed without contact.

The Artmedia boss had revealed he would be interested in the Hearts vacancy but the Evening News understands that he is now hesitant about accepting a role in Edinburgh after failing to get the assurances he wanted that he would have full control of team selection and transfers.

Weiss is also being monitored closely by the Slovakian FA and is on their wanted list with current boss Jan Kocian facing the axe. Artmedia are desperate to hold onto the most successful manager in their history and reports in Slovakia suggest they would be willing to allow him to do both roles to hold onto their man.

Should Hearts drop their interest in Weiss they could revert their attention to IA Akranes head coach Gudjon Thordarson who, along with Belarussian Andrei Zygmantovich, is on a three-man shortlist with Weiss.

Thordarson may prove to be the most popular choice among supporters due to the Icelander's experience of British football with Stoke City, Notts County and Barnsley.

The former Icelandic national coach has also promised to bring England legend Terry Butcher to Tynecastle as his No.2 if appointed.

Guest JamboRobbo
The Artmedia boss had revealed he would be interested in the Hearts vacancy but the Evening News understands that he is now hesitant about accepting a role in Edinburgh after failing to get the assurances he wanted that he would have full control of team selection and transfers.

This may be a load of rubbish, as there are no quotes, but if it's true, then Vlad really does have to change his ways at some point soon.

Harry Kinnear

That's Plan B fecked, plan C? The coach of my son's school football team is quite successful and popular, played a bit of pro football, apparently knows Gary Mackay, should I have a word?

This may be a load of rubbish, as there are no quotes, but if it's true, then Vlad really does have to change his ways at some point soon.

No quotes anywhere in the article JR but it wouldn't suprise me if it was true.

Say What Again
That's Plan B fecked, plan C? The coach of my son's school football team is quite successful and popular, played a bit of pro football, apparently knows Gary Mackay, should I have a word?

Can he say 'Yes Mr Romanov, I'll do that Mr Romanov'?

If so, when can he start?

Rudolf's Mate

As said on another thread.... If true then what will people do??? How many threads of people saying this is the last chance for him to put it right and so on? If he is not willing to give full control & Weiss comes out saying so then it'll be very interesting indeed to see what happens.

And before anyones says it.... Yes I would be willing to jump on a plane to make my feelings known if it is the case.

What ever the reason - lack of overall control or the opportunity to manage elsewhere - the fact remains that Hearts have so far failed to convince this guy to take the job, Hearts have failed to get ANYONE with experience of the British leagues to take the job, Hearts have failed to land Mark McGhee. What is so bad about this job. Can't be because of our owner surely?

Guest JamboRobbo
As said on another thread.... If true then what will people do??? How many threads of people saying this is the last chance for him to put it right and so on? If he is not willing to give full control & Weiss comes out saying so then it'll be very interesting indeed to see what happens.

Agree with your point. What will people do? What can people do is the real question I think. And I'm not sure we have many options to be honest, other than to like it or lump it.

What ever the reason - lack of overall control or the opportunity to manage elsewhere - the fact remains that Hearts have so far failed to convince this guy to take the job, Hearts have failed to get ANYONE with experience of the British leagues to take the job, Hearts have failed to land Mark McGhee. What is so bad about this job. Can't be because of our owner surely?[/QUOTE]

Surely not !!!

No Nonsense
What ever the reason - lack of overall control or the opportunity to manage elsewhere - the fact remains that Hearts have so far failed to convince this guy to take the job, Hearts have failed to get ANYONE with experience of the British leagues to take the job, Hearts have failed to land Mark McGhee. What is so bad about this job. Can't be because of our owner surely?

The evidence points to the fact that it is ALL because of our owner. I'm getting the feeling that Weiss is gonna blow us out and it scares me to think where that leaves us.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The Evening News understands is as oxymoronic as Jose Goncalves being described as a footballer.

Darth Sidious

At least all the folk that rushed out to renew will be able to get right behind Frail when the season starts.

They gave Vlad the mandate to continue his ways. 12 months until the next chance.

He won't, it's the way he's grown up.

Someone will come and he'll stay out until he sees something he doesn't like then it will all go pear shaped.

Vlad is Pieman mark 2 and the whole setup is going to get much worse.

Dr. Bapswent

Title is a bit misleading, suggests the deal is bust.

But the article actually suggests it hasn't yet.

Also, without actual quotes, it could easily just be Banderson stirring.

Say What Again
Andrei Zygmantovich.

Looking more and more likely.

I've said all along I had a feeling he'd get the job. :sad:

Title is a bit misleading, suggests the deal is bust.

But the article actually suggests it hasn't yet.

Also, without actual quotes, it could easily just be Banderson stirring.

I understand why this conclusion is made, it may prove to be true, at the moent it is just a presumption, however, afterall I doubt the Evening News was involved in any negotiations.

monkfish1979

Seriously, Banderson must pesh himself laughing looking at the total panic amongst JKBers after he prints an article (which, it would appear, he has difficulty doing by himself). Even the people that were saying that it'd be another puppet appointment are raging!

No quotes generally = made it up. If there is a deadline and Weiss does want the job, I don't really think he'd let it go by without being in touch. If he did, he's probably not the sort of guy we're after...

be as well m8 he seems to have club connections :):):)

Rudolf's Mate
Agree with your point. What will people do? What can people do is the real question I think. And I'm not sure we have many options to be honest, other than to like it or lump it.

See your point however when did we become supporters who just sat back and took it? It's bad enough that it's happening but for me it's even worse that we can't even unite to show Vlad how disgusted we are with the way things are going.

Look at my previous threads and you'll see that I've kind of been on the wall about demos and so on partly because I've not known the best way forward. If this is true then I am sorry but something needs to be done by everyone who feels an injustice!!!

Just when I think I can't get any lower than I feel about the way things are being run I am slapped back into place. I have tried being pessimistic and thought that if we at least had Thor & Butcher or even Weiss then it's a move forward. If we end up with the other guy or even someone standing in then that is the final straw for me..... And lets be honest here. It should have been the final straw a long, long time ago!

If true, whatever anyone wants to do, as long as the majority are behind it and it's sensible then I give it my backing 100%.

portobellojambo1

Sure there was something on another thread which indicated the Chairman of his present club had not been available to discuss this with Weiss yet, which may be part of the cause of the delay (however in saying that one can only assume he would have relayed this information to Romanov to gain an extended deadline if he really wanted the job).

I suspect the paragraph in the above post by Legend which suggests Artmedia are willing to allow him to boss Slovakia as well should he stay with them could be the important one, and convince him to stay where he is.

Anyone who would uproot themselves and their family to work for Romanov in a job which would have less freedom than your average gulag, and possibly a very short timespan would be mad in my opinion. Romanov has effectively made the manager's position unattractive to even those that he thinks might take it.

Andrei Zygmantovich.

Looking more and more likely.

I'd go as far to say that he's a stick-on, and probably has been from the outset.

Malofeev and Zygmantovich to oversee pre-season training.

It couldn't get any worse. Zygmantovich doesn't even hold a UEFA coaching badge.

hearts_crazy

The Artmedia boss had revealed he would be interested in the Hearts vacancy but the Evening News understands that he is now hesitant about accepting a role in Edinburgh after failing to get the assurances he wanted that he would have full control of team selection and transfers

Does anybody else think that the reporter just made that bit up to stir the fans?

this is becoming a bit of a joke now pre season will be starting soon we need a new man in asap get your finger out vlad !!!!:mad:

The Future's Maroon

I would doubt Thor/Butcher will accept now.....so roll up Zygmantovich I fear.

Jeremy Goss
See your point however when did we become supporters who just sat back and took it? It's bad enough that it's happening but for me it's even worse that we can't even unite to show Vlad how disgusted we are with the way things are going.

Look at my previous threads and you'll see that I've kind of been on the wall about demos and so on partly because I've not known the best way forward. If this is true then I am sorry but something needs to be done by everyone who feels an injustice!!!

Just when I think I can't get any lower than I feel about the way things are being run I am slapped back into place. I have tried being pessimistic and thought that if we at least had Thor & Butcher or even Weiss then it's a move forward. If we end up with the other guy or even someone standing in then that is the final straw for me..... And lets be honest here. It should have been the final straw a long, long time ago!

If true, whatever anyone wants to do, as long as the majority are behind it and it's sensible then I give it my backing 100%.

if another kaunas puppet is appointed is should be the final straw for everyone!!

I understand why this conclusion is made, it may prove to be true, at the moent it is just a presumption, however, afterall I doubt the Evening News was involved in any negotiations.

It may turn out to be true but I don't believe for a second that the EEN have been led to 'understand' anything of the sort. We're all drawing our own conclusions but that doesn't give them any excuse to report that as news. Idiots. Just another attempt at looking like they might be 'in the know' when they're so obviously nothing of the sort.

It would be nice to hear from the club themselves though. Humph.

scott herbertson
The Artmedia boss had revealed he would be interested in the Hearts vacancy but the Evening News understands that he is now hesitant about accepting a role in Edinburgh after failing to get the assurances he wanted that he would have full control of team selection and transfers

Does anybody else think that the reporter just made that bit up to stir the fans?

as he didn't hsave full control of transfers at Saturn i doubt if that would be a deal breaker here

team selection quite possibly though you would think that would have been dealt with early doors

if another kaunas puppet is appointed is should be the final straw for everyone!!

yep as the season draws closer thats all i can see happening !!!!!!! how many more times can we back vlad for him to **** up again !!! any chance of getting j j back ?:wacko:

The Old Tolbooth

I won't be backing Ziggy, the man is another puppet who has not got the coaching badges required to coach Hearts, and if appointed is just a panic appointment which should never have been necessary in the first place because Vlad has had since january to get this right, and all of a sudden he cant get anyone in because of his own meddling ways.

I would have backed Weiss or Thor 100%, but not this joker if he gets the gig.

I know but how many final final final straws can you give a man? How many deadlines? Personally I don't think the man is fit for purpose. He'll crawl away one day but we'll be left with a shell of a club. He should go away and let Hearts start again and build up their reputation again.

The man annoyed the press and they'll take their pound of flesh slowly but surely. The press always win in the end. How stupid and naive was he. It didn't take a brain surgeon to work that out. It didn't matter one iota how much truth there was in his beliefs he handled it so so badly.

The rumour mill of Romanov and not wanting his manager to pick the team has spread around the footballing circles everywhere now.

You reap what you sow.

We're being taken for a ride here. .:badmood:

The thinking must be that as Ziggy was on the 'shortlist', then we won't actually notice we've been fed another Kaunus puppet.

To top it, the club will state that its doing the right thing by retaining Frail. Remember, no announcement that he's actually been sacked yet.

Fast forward a few months, where Ziggy will be sitting in the stand, and Frail shall be doing all the press conferences.

McGhee chose Motherwell for other reasons than Romanov, in fact in 'qoutes' he was very complimentary of Romanov.

Thor is still speaking the job up and has not turned it down, yet the press speculate he is not happy at VR wanting to see teamsheet, yet quotes from Thor say he has never actually spoken to VR.

Weiss also by all accounts still wants the job but seems to be wanting to do the right thing by Artmedia, yet the press speculate again it is because he will not accept VR wanting to see teamsheet.

All equals imo the press guessing and what better way to do guesswork than put the boot into VR.

Dr. Bapswent
We're being taken for a ride here. .:badmood:

The thinking must be that as Ziggy was on the 'shortlist', then we won't actually notice we've been fed another Kaunus puppet.

To top it, the club will state that its doing the right thing by retaining Frail. Remember, no announcement that he's actually been sacked yet.

Fast forward a few months, where Ziggy will be sitting in the stand, and Frail shall be doing all the press conferences.

Nonsense

I don't think there is a single person on here who is under any illusions about the puppet status of Ziggy.

hearts_crazy
I would doubt Thor/Butcher will accept now.....so roll up Zygmantovich I fear.

Jeez can you imagine the uproar that would cause? I mean people were having a cow about Weiss potentially coming FFS. I would personally be really, really peshed off if we end up with another Malofeev type after the assurances of a 'top quality Manager with experience of the British game'

Mind you, given the amount of references to the 'British' Manager we were supposed to be getting some folk won't be happy unless the guy comes in wearing Union Jack boxers and a pith helmet, singing Land of Hope and Glory.

I'm finding myself hoping to feck that Weiss signs up now, given the possible alternative.

Dr. Bapswent
McGhee chose Motherwell for other reasons than Romanov, in fact in 'qoutes' he was very complimentary of Romanov.

Thor is still speaking the job up and has not turned it down, yet the press speculate he is not happy at VR wanting to see teamsheet, yet quotes from Thor say he has never actually spoken to VR.

Weiss also by all accounts still wants the job but seems to be wanting to do the right thing by Artmedia, yet the press speculate again it is because he will not accept VR wanting to see teamsheet.

All equals imo the press guessing and what better way to do guesswork than put the boot into VR.

hooray.jpg

If it does turn out to be Ziggy-whatshisface surely everyone would agree rock bottom has been struck?

I mean, 6 months to appoint a manager who isn't even qualified to be a manager! Even by Vlads standards that is a corker!

And why not? When so many seem happy to accept that reasoning without question....

Nonsense

I don't think there is a single person on here who is under any illusions about the puppet status of Ziggy.

Eh? Read it again!

Dr. Bapswent
If it does turn out to be Ziggy-whatshisface surely everyone would agree rock bottom has been struck?

I mean, 6 months to appoint a manager who isn't even qualified to be a manager! Even by Vlads standards that is a corker!

No, I wouldn't agree we had struck rock bottom simply because our preference for manager hadn't arrived.

Id at least give Ziggy a few games to see what impact he can have.

If we are still as poor as ever, then yes.

Dr. Bapswent
Eh? Read it again!

Your suggesting well get Ziggy the puppet through the back door and the fans wont really notice as he was on the shortlist.

Im suggesting that wont be the case as the fans are under no illusions of Ziggys status as a puppet and therefore wont appear through the back door and be accepted.

Cut The Crap
Jeez can you imagine the uproar that would cause? I mean people were having a cow about Weiss potentially coming FFS. I would personally be really, really peshed off if we end up with another Malofeev type after the assurances of a 'top quality Manager with experience of the British game'

Mind you, given the amount of references to the 'British' Manager we were supposed to be getting some folk won't be happy unless the guy comes in wearing Union Jack boxers and a pith helmet, singing Land of Hope and Glory.

I'm finding myself hoping to feck that Weiss signs up now, given the possible alternative.

"A plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel."

No, I wouldn't agree we had struck rock bottom simply because our preference for manager hadn't arrived.

Id at least give Ziggy a few games to see what impact he can have.

If we are still as poor as ever, then yes.

Fair enough. I'm not anti Ziggy...I know absolutely nothing about him other than he does not have the required coaching badges to be a manager.

I just find it incredibly sad that after 6 months of searching for a manager we a reduced to this.

It is one thing getting mocked by fans of other teams for having plane loads or lithuanians on trial every pre-season. But when they say the next manager will be 'whoever is in charge of kaunas' and it actually turns out to be true...again! Sad days.

Walter Kidd

I heard that Weiss would not be coming yesterday but kept my council as you get banjoed on here for not agreeing with the Evening Hibs.

Something will happen from leftfield. I alluded to this on another post the other evening.

If this is true and to date its a BIG if then surely Serge has got to get a hold of Romanov, give hima slap and tell him things have to chage with regards to a manager having control.

At this rate in 3 years time we may have less than 2000 St holders!!!

This isnt rocket science Romanov its effing common sense!!!

Do you know the actual reasons? Was it as stated re European football or as specualted re the sellik job?

Someone posted yesterday (someone who normally is pretty clued up re Hearts) that "Hearts told Thor yesterday he was NO LONGER being considered for the job.".

The Miami stuff is just specualtion and guesswork but i wouldn't be suprised if it turned out to be true.

Archived