The Ashes 2017-2018

JWL

Dusk_Till_Dawn

A grim day. The likes of Stoneman and Vince will never be seen on an Ashes tour again. They sound like a shit clothing chain FFS

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game and series look over. 

Hopefully I'm wrong but can't see any way back with current brittle batting and bowling line up. 

Absolutely sensational evening session from england tonight, ball is moving all over the place,

Smith just got lucky for Australia 

1 hour ago, Sharky999 said:

Absolutely sensational evening session from england tonight, ball is moving all over the place,

Smith just got lucky for Australia 

It was exciting but too late. Australia will still win this one comfortably

8 hours ago, RobboM said:

It was exciting but too late. Australia will still win this one comfortably

Yes, needed another 2 wickets before close to have any chance.

Woke up to an excellent come back from England. Chasing took many, but the game is much closer than it looked yesterday

Ooft. What a score to wake up to. Long way to go but if England pull this one off :o

My prediction :facepalm:

Long way to go with the evening session being key but what a match.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Going to be close now.

Thought it was a weird decision by Australia to bat again at a time of night where the ball was likely to move. Should have steamed into England’s batsmen again

England have plenty time but will likely turn to shit at some point.  

Still, it makes for an exciting Test match. 

Aussie review... Cook out. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Cook needs to **** off. Been shit in this series so far

And Vince too. A club player at best. Idiot.

What a session this will be. Key to the whole series. Come out tomorrow in bright sunshine with still a chance then game on.

I still don't see it happening but at least they would have given themselves a chance.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If they reach the close three down then they've a chance. If Root goes, it's over.

Mallan out.

Aussies looked really frustrated and angry in the last half hour. 

Could be an interesting day tomorrow 

178 to win, with 6 wickets left.

:-o

Doable, but need Root, Moen and Bairstow to score big.  Broad needs to screw the nut as well.  Woakes can bat too if he puts his mind to it.

Aussies have to be massive favourites though.

A big morning session tomorrow and this one could get very interesting.  Smith's decision not to force the follow on is looking odder by the second.  If Woakes can add another 20 or so, Root hit the ton, with Ali and Bairstow still to come, you never know.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, WavyGravy said:

A big morning session tomorrow and this one could get very interesting.  Smith's decision not to force the follow on is looking odder by the second.  If Woakes can add another 20 or so, Root hit the ton, with Ali and Bairstow still to come, you never know.

If England had been bowled out at the start of the day then I'd have understood it. But he basically put his batsmen in at the time when the conditions were going to make them most vulnerable.

Typical Aussie arrogance tbh. He'll probably get away with it but only just.

Jimmy Anderson to scramble a leg bye winner that hawkeye shows would have hit the stumps but Aussies have used their reviews.

Man I'd pay good money to watch that :laugh:

57 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Jimmy Anderson to scramble a leg bye winner that hawkeye shows would have hit the stumps but Aussies have used their reviews.

Man I'd pay good money to watch that :laugh:

Ooft image the tears and snotters if this happens :laugh:

1 hour ago, Boris said:

178 to win, with 6 wickets left.

:-o

Doable, but need Root, Moen and Bairstow to score big.  Broad needs to screw the nut as well.  Woakes can bat too if he puts his mind to it.

Aussies have to be massive favourites though.

One of the key factors in England's favour is that Steve Smith has burned both of Australia's reviews, whilst England still have 2 in the bank.

Hopefully Woakes can give substantial support tomorrow morning, its interesting to note that he actually played his First Test batting at 6.

10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Steve Smith is a total wank and if England win this one the media will rip him up for arsepaper for not enforcing the follow on, which he should have done.

Pig faced welt.

Image result for cover drive gif

ToadKiller Dog

That's that then, poor batting from England v Good but not unplayable bowling from Aussies. 

Once again its clear England miss Stokes or even a Butler, a non Conservative batsman type who can take the bowler on not just wait to get out. 

13 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Steve Smith is a total wank and if England win this one the media will rip him up for arsepaper for not enforcing the follow on, which he should have done.

Pig faced welt.

I've met him a few times.  Built like a rugby player, but really good with the fans and makes time to sign autographs, throw downs for the kids, taking selfies with them etc.

Has never struck me as a total wank.  Warner on the other hand......

Glad I never set the alarm for it.

Probably what I expected tbh.

2 down and 3 to play. Looking very difficult now to retain the ashes. Especially with this batting line up. You just don't see them getting enough runs at any point. 

Brittle top/middle order that wasn't addressed in the summer..

If that's the toughest batsmen England have then they'll struggle away from home consistently.

All roads lead to Gorgie

So it was over quickly then. I have been waking up during the wee small hours and putting the radio longwave on to check what's happening. Nothing but politics or something, should have guessed.

1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

Put Kevin Peterson and Stokes into that side and it looks much stronger............

Put me into that batting line up and it would improve. Whitewash on the cards.

6 hours ago, robbo1874 said:

Glad I never set the alarm for it.

Probably what I expected tbh.

2 down and 3 to play. Looking very difficult now to retain the ashes. Especially with this batting line up. You just don't see them getting enough runs at any point. 

Brittle top/middle order that wasn't addressed in the summer..

If that's the toughest batsmen England have then they'll struggle away from home consistently.

What ages are Broad and Anderson?

Makes the bowling line up look weak at home if anything happens to them.

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

What ages are Broad and Anderson?

Makes the bowling line up look weak at home if anything happens to them.

They are 31 and 35 

Fair point though, can't have too many years left in them

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, robbo1874 said:

They are 31 and 35 

Fair point though, can't have too many years left in them

Overton looks decent but the jury is out on Woakes. Vince and Stoneman are shit and won’t play in another Ashes series and like you say, Anderson and Broad are cracking on a bit. Root is the only top class batsman and only world class player aside from Jimmy

Just woke up and basically looks the same old.

England have now got a session to impose themselves on the test match.

A good session here and they've a chance of getting ahead in the match.

Poor session here and once again they are chasing the match. 

Looks a good batting pitch . 

350 minimum. 

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

England fighting back and great ton by Dawid Malan.

Get 450 and put the scoreboard pressure on the Baggy Greens.

What a great pitch the WACA is. Keeper  standing 25 metres back and taking the ball on the rise. 

Great day and game on.

They really need to take this opportunity. They've not managed it so far.

Pitch looks a belter though.

So again it'll be interesting to see what the Aussies make when it's their go. Great session for England.

Tomorrow morning should be cracking.

Just now, Boris said:

Brilliant comeback from England.  Can they get 20 wickets though? 

Well that's the big question. 

Pitch looks so flat with little movement, so maybe need scoreboard pressure and bowling to plans.

Maybe strangling them will be the plan. 

Great mornings cricket ahead.

6 minutes ago, Boris said:

Brilliant comeback from England.  Can they get 20 wickets though? 

Not a chance, but at least they are making it easier for themselves to force a draw.

So England lose last 6 wickets 35 in 51 balls!! 

I haven't seen it but you can't expect to win many test matches with batting collapses like that.

Another key time in the match. 

13 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

It sure is. 

By the way to only make 403 after the position they were in is poor. They should have been looking at 500 at least on that pitch.

Australia will make that....

Agreed, that extra 100 runs makes all the difference. England have had small opportunities in this series and haven't managed to capitalised 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

It sure is. 

By the way to only make 403 after the position they were in is poor. They should have been looking at 500 at least on that pitch.

Australia will make that....

This.

Ridiculous but England probably think 403 is a good score. Not on that pitch it's not, where the ball races away too the boundary. 

The collapse of the tail is bad but so to is the poor scoring of the top order in particularly Alistair Cook. 

4 hours ago, robbo1874 said:

So England lose last 6 wickets 35 in 51 balls!! 

I haven't seen it but you can't expect to win many test matches with batting collapses like that.

Another key time in the match. 

I woke up about 3:30 and England had played well the first hour. Lyon made the breakthrough and Ali followed 2 balls later. Looks like Bairstow doesn't really trust the tail so he went quickly too. Disapointing after getting into a great position

Archived