Why not big Tel?

pennantjambo

pennantjambo

Before the recruitment process decends into even deeper farce when 'Miami' knocks us back and we end up with Ziggy Stardust from Lithy-Mars which many sceptics predicted was the ulterior motive all along, we could do worse than appoint big Terry Butcher.

I may be jumping the gun re- Johnny 'Weiss'muller and the is he is'nt he coming situation. But what if he does'nt? we could end up with Romanov's cat in charge, or his sofa, or table lamp, I think you get my drift here.

Scraping and barrels come to mind each time someone kb' us and if it comes down to a choice of Ziggywho or a table lamp in charge the outcome will be the same. Six months to christmas and we're rehearsing for the club panto.

pennantjambo
I would not think Butcher was a good appointment. His record in management is pretty poor apart from his spell at Motherwell. Even thats not that impressive, he would have got them relegated, I think, if was not for a league construction thing or stadium issue for another team.

Though I dare said the majority would be behind it.

Think we could do better and should do better.

FWIW, I was told by an ex hearts player and a current football agent. That Butcher had held talks about being the main man, not an assistant. However, that looks to be absolute garbage.

Totally agree we could and should do better but unfortunately we're not.

McGhee & Levein turned down the chance of million pound contracts to stay on a third of that at their respective clubs. You could argue that they did this out of loyalty to their chairmen, fear of a fans backlash, or more worryingly the job just is'nt worth touching with a barge-pole because Vlad is not willing to relinquish control. If the latter is the case then those who keep saying we will end up with another puppet may be right after all.

It appears that VR wants to continue to pick the team.

So under that control no manager of substance will want to 'coach' Hearts. :mad:

Archived